The Corroboree
Ambient

Green Coleus - Looking to buy or trade

Looking for plain Green Coleus, my local garden stores only have the red/green & white/green. it's proving harder to find than I thought.

I have L.W. seeds (from last spring) and a number of cuttings cash n cacti to trade, PM me if you can help :)

Edit: (Green Coleus blumei)

Edited by Ambient Forest

Is it Coleus blumei your chasing or one of the other interesting Coleus spp like C forskohlii or C dysentericus?

Cheers for the offer TDA, but I'm chasing a Coleus blumei cutting (completely forgot to specify in first post), preferably with some roots so its easy to grow :)

Edited by Ambient Forest

i might be able to help bro ill pm.

Schweet man sounds good; you're back in perth now yeah?

Almost got lucky the other week & thought I had found seeds for the exact one I was after, but their out of stock *facepalm* & they prob wouldn't have made it through customs anyway.

Green Giant

I've got green with a tiny bit of yellow in the middle, I've been chasing a totally green one for ages. PM me anyone finds one!

Coleus blumei is a permitted species so as long as its clean seed it shouldn't be an issue

• Like 1

Coleus blumei is a permitted species so as long as its clean seed it shouldn't be an issue

Cool, I wasn't aware of that, I might be able to broaden my search a little.

I keep finding pics of the one I'm after, which gives me hope there is some available out there somewhere... Just gotta keep looking :)

img_5451.jpg5381101920_d79980a815_b.jpgcoleus&buddha.jpg

What type are the Bunnings plants and seeds? I always thought they weren't blumei, but I'm not sure. I have sprouted both solid and mixed leaf colour plants from a pack of their seed, and looking at the above photos and google images they appear to be identical. But i am no botanist.

Edited by Alice

Hi Alice, sorry for the very very very slow reply, I must have missed your post and haven't been online in a long while.

I think the Bunnings ones are blumei, I managed to find a "versa lime" mid last year from bunnings which is quite nice. I'm still on the look out for the "green giant" though and wishing I had paid more attention to your last post. If you still have the one that you thought was the same let me know, I'm sure I can find something to trade :)