The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Stillman

Cuy babies Warning excessive cuteness.

One mans pet is another mans dinner. These are "ornamental only" lol

Born just the other day, one more girl still waiting to drop.

DSCF2002.jpg

DSCF2001.jpg

• Like 3

hahah the red eyes I know creepy, theres this red haired red eye gene that keeps popping up in the babies from ever generation. Ranga devil spawn indeed.

Maybe the devils calling me :devil: !!

My daughter bought home the little G pigs from her classroom for the school holidays just gone, & now her & my son are asking on a daily basis for pet G pigs.

I come here to unwind & get away from the nagging, only to find FU#KING G PIGS!!

Are you planing on selling these cuties? :innocent_n:

Maybe trade some cacti.....haha.......Then I could tell my misses " Told you I keep buying cacti for the kids" Haha.

Let me know if they need a home.

Cheers

jox

• Like 2

Haha. I remember watching a docco once where people ate them as a self-sufficiency thing. I was shocked :blink:

Are you planing on selling these cuties? :innocent_n:

jox

Make sure to have them sent express post :wink:

• Like 3

Are that guinea pigs? Had one of em when i was a child. The legendary Bommel vom Eichenbaum the First. Was friends with all the mice around and was very loved from all the squirrels in town too. Probably even banged some of them when i was in school. Good Night Sweet Prince. :lol:

• Like 1

According to Wikipedia 'Peruvians consume an estimated 65 million guinea pigs each year, and the animal is so entrenched in the culture that one famous painting of the Last Supper in the main cathedral in Cusco shows Christ and the twelve disciples dining on guinea pig."

I've eaten them, they're good.

• Like 1

cool !!

I have free guinea pigs for whoever can catch them. Go by the names of Michael Jackson and gerbil. They are bb fodder soon.

Has anyone eaten one on a trip to South America? I heard they fry them on sticks I'm wondering do they dip them in sauce like a pluto pup or a dagwood dog?

^^ I thought it was called South American bacon :P (short cut)

Mmm i used to have guinea pigs when I was a kid. I let one go so my parents decided to let them all go and build an open enclosure for them to live in and hide from the cats. Every now and then we'd go outside and see a number of dead rats lined up near their home...

Killing rats is fine but lining their corpses up was a bit weird.

• Like 1

Max they kind of spatchcock cut them and stretch them out so they crackle. I imagine fed right they would be quite delicious. Sort of like a gamey suckling pig?

OK people Free to "good pet homes" (on my children's orders, no snake food/ cuy breeding programs please lol).

7 guine pigs in total.

Around 4 weeks old, weened. 4 boys 3 girls. best to take in same sex pairs as if you want to breed from them I advice opening up the gene lines as these have been line breed 3 generations.

Some are exhibiting long hair silky traits, some have red eyes. Can take better pics for anyone interested.

Boys

DSCF2005-15.jpg

Girls

DSCF2006-9.jpg

I am on the North side of Brisbane PM me if you would like a pair.

While I am at it, I also have a heap of Albino budgies I need to thin out. All birds under 1 year old, unrelated parents nice strong healthy birds.. $20 each

Distracted.

Some aviculturists keep guinea pigs in their enclosures to keep rats away, but I had no idea that they actually collected the carcasses after killing them.

I've been thinking about giving my kids' mum some Guniea pigs to keep with chooks - hearing about this they sound like just the beasties. Of course my eldest daughter might object - she actually sneaks feed for the "cute rats" that have burrows in the long grass of the huge run I built for the chickens.