The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
vulcan

Hummingbirds journey to god

I have 4 copies of "The hummingbirds journey to god" up for grabs. Basically one mans journey with San Pedro and the positive influence it has had on his life and the people he has introduced to it. They cost me $20 each. Willing to trade, swap or sell. If interested pm me. Cheers Vulcan

Hi all, looks like all copies are taken. Cheers Vulcan

I received that book a few weeks ago from eBay. Great read!

This book wasn't bad, there is some good ethnographic information in there and if you google 'la gringa san pedro' it can take to you some interesting places, some photo's of which can be found in this torrent. The photograph of the 'stairway' was very cool and yet I found that I skipped over most of the subjective individual accounts of modern medicinal usage (which constitute a significant section of the book) as I found them somewhat unbelievable and unreliable. If I ever see this plant physically heal someone or read more objective research I'd definitely reconsider. I'll have to find my copy and read over the bits I couldn't digest last time though. All in all, it's not a bad book and is one of the few publications I've found regarding the topic. I thoroughly recommend Trout's Notes on San Pedro if you haven't read it. Has anyone else read any other good special cacti books?

Edited by tedzr

Hey tedzr, could not have put it better myself. Trouts notes is the best on the subject i have found. It raises 2 issues for me, 1 it made me realize just how much i dont know and 2nd it made me realize how clouded this whole subject is----the more you know the more you realize how much you still have to learn. The issue of trying to id any tricho is going to get even harder as we have more and more crosses where breeding info is not passed on with the plants. So people by all means cross your different tricho's but keep a written record of what you did and pass it on with any plants sold or gifted. Have not found any works that explain brews or other plants that can be added to brews--dont know if this is because it would be viewed as a how to guide or not. I do not like playing with things i do not understand so my quest for more knowledge continues. Cheers Vulcan