The Corroboree
Seldom

think your life is bad?

Wittgenstein .. on an ethnobotany forum. little bit closer to having seen everything.

:lol:

[why is ethnobotany a spelling mistake ..]

Edited by bulls on parade

I started honours in Philosophy years ago, and Wittgenstein (later) was my "mentor". Anyway, I took what he said to heart, and basically was formulating an "anti-philosophy" thesis, in respect to consciousness/philosophy of mind.

And I thought, al a Satre, why not just BE antiphilosophical - right to the edge - in full good faith - and QUIT my philosophy degree.

So I did. Quitting philosophy WAS my thesis, unfortunately the university required something rather than nothing on which to base the award of honours (LOL)

• Like 2

Bulls, i can see where you're coming from, & yeah there's alot ov angst in those posts;

but to me they kind ov seem like teenagers going through the usual "growing pains"

honestly i wanted to kill myself at 17.....who didn't?

compared to the traumas ov "real life" the "self imposed" against ov 1st world teens

seems completely self indulgent

The richer the country the higher the suicide rate, according to a new study,

http://www.psychiatryupdate.com.au/latest-news/suicide-a-%E2%80%98first-world-problem%E2%80%99

• Like 3

maybe suicidality drives materialism....so the causal link is the other way around...

then the q would be whats causing epidemic of suicidality? Some sort of prion disease?

Edited by Thelema