The Corroboree
qwertyuiop

The Currency Revolution - With Bitcoin

2 hours ago, ThunderIdeal said:

they could outlast the current financial system *shrugs*

could... might even be good except for that pesky taxation issue.

ECB President Admits Central Banks Have No Power To Regulate Bitcoin “It’s Outside Of Our Jurisdiction”

http://coinivore.com/2017/09/27/ecb-president-admits-central-banks-no-power-regulate-bitcoin-outside-jurisdiction/

how many sassys should be in a popcoin?

This following comment got me a little alarmed.

Do you think what they say holds water or needs to be at least kept in mind?

what's you's guys take on it? If I may,

could it be a clever trap (either for peeps or the bankrims) dyu reckon?

""Watch and wait....here is how these bitcons will crash, watch and learn: Who is pushing up the prices of the big cryptos ??? Little nerds?? NO....Central Banks are and when the time comes, they will dump a few piles and crash the prices.....how did they do that ??? Create fiat money out of nothing and buy bitcons....you guys know nothing and will never see this coming. Can this go higher for a bit ?? Of course, but the quoted prices mean nothing.""

from this yesterday  https://www.rt.com/business/407092-bitcoin-gold-goldman-sachs/

kinda still redeveloping and reprogramming my shit filter and it's set to maximum as default lol ,

but am I out of line to think it's a worry?

or is not enough known yet anyway to discern whether to or not worry,

or is it that it can't be known yet?

Hey thanks @MG I might do that soon but just tryna maintain a financial break even for now.

• Like 1

Lol this conspiracy theory type argument about banks pumping bitcoin makes no sense to me...

Wanna know who actually is responsible for the bitcoin prices skyrocketing to where it is now in the span of a few years? Drug dealers and buyers from the DNMs, that's who.

Do you realize how much money is going through there every single day? (although now is kind of a bad time for DNMs with traderoute and all lol).

Some major operations on there, people buying bulk amounts etc...

And as the government agencies take down more and more of these markets, the mainstream news talk more and more about it, emphasizing how easy it is for people to buy drugs online, which only brings more people to the next big darknet market and so on...

If Goldman Sachs were pumping bitcoin they wouldn't come out and say cryptos are a bubble that will pop soon and all that load of bullshit, that would be like snitching on themselves!

No, like any other pump and dump they do, they would rave about how great an investment this particular coin is.

If you think the international drug trade is here to stay then you can safely assume cryptos are too. Because let's be real, as much as I'd like that to change, drugs are still the main physical thing that bitcoins are used to buy with.

• Like 1

Maybe thats the main thing people are buying WITH bitcoins.  The majority of bitcoins are owned by massive  players be they hedge funds, billionaires or central banks, i dont know.

That or DNM kingpins who started early and are holding more btc than they can launder. Think about it, a 100$ gram of whatever sold a couple years ago is now like the guy sold it for 1k. Or 10k if it was like 4 or 5 years ago instead.

Scammers, for example the bigger HYIPs/Cloud Mining sites must have a good share of the bitcoin supply, too. I mean if a blatant ponzi scheme like bitconnnect can have the 8th biggest market cap of all cryptos in a few months, the previous ones that don't have their own coin must have raked in a lot of dough too.

Also, bitcoin has a current market cap of almost 95 billion dollars. Goldman Sach's total managed fund is 39 billion, meaning they'd have to go absolutely all in (they don't/won't) to be able to manipulate the market in any meaningful way.

It would also be a logistics nightmare for them to do so, they'd need to have hundreds of thousands of automated wallets buying/selling small amounts if they don't wanna get caught, I mean a 40 billion transaction doesn't really blend in.

I really doubt the bigger banks and hedgefunds have jumped on the bandwagon yet, and if they did it's fairly recent and they don't have much power.

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2017 at 8:15 PM, migraineur said:

Which country do you live in? If you let me know where you live then I can point you in the right direction.

@migraineur Would be able to point me in the right direction for aussie?

what a coincidence :-) I was wondering the same thing about cloud mining.  I was looking here https://www.bitcoinmining.com/ and was surprised to see mining hardware advertised (at much more reasonable costs than I purchased in 2013/14).  But the links take you to a cloud mining operation where the calculators they have seem very (ie. too) generous.  Reviews aren't promising: http://bittrust.org/hashflare

• Like 1

Im going to keep an eye on russian miner coin.  The idea being that russia has surplus energy production.  It will pay a dividend or something, sounded promising at a glance.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 2

@SayN Cloudmining is a huge scam, do not invest in those platforms. Most of them are nothing but big ponzi schemes, with no actual mining hardware behind them. They just pay the new users with the previous user's money until the scam can't sustain itself anymore.

Dozens and dozens of these websites just close one day and leave with everyone's lunch money. Auroramine was one for example but do some research and you'll find hundreds. They're just HYIPs in disguise.

Edited by MeanGreen
  • Like 4

Well that was a hell of night, it'll go down in the history books as the mother of all pump & dumps lol.

Not gonna lie I did fud out and got my positions out to USD once we broke below 6.5k to lock in my profits. Hope none of you guys fomo'd into bcash or that if you did you sold in time and took some profit. Bitcoin is king and I think this kind of market manipulation will burry BCC/BCH once and for all once the dump is over. We should fucking hang Roger Ver lmao.

• Like 3

i just sold half my BCH and put half of that back into BTC...  A couple of hours ago I was contemplating the complete opposite. :o 

I think you're right MeanGreen: BTC is where it's at.

• Like 1

Well I apologize in advance if you did it because of my post and bcc happens to get another leg up now that Asia woke up, before completely crashing. But at this point I'm 90% sure you did the right thing. This thing is not going back to the 0.4 btc range imo.

• Like 2

Dunno if y'all saw that, but this guy predicted the whole ordeal (except the outcome) back in July. Just goes to show just how orchestrated that attempt at a coup d'etat was.

https://pastebin.com/n0aGBMQr

If the conspiracy is true, the SegWit2X fork was never even meant to happen, it was planned to be cancelled from the get go just to pump bitcoin cash as the natural replacement due to the 8mb blocksize. The guys behind this shitshow must have made billions last night.

• Like 1

ok so i can finally afford one of them hardware wallet type things .. feels kinda exciting , almost an upgrade to life is ahead.

Maybe the novelty will wear off but afore that point is pretty exciting x]

Wait, youre saving for a hardware wallet?

Thats literally like spending all your money on an expensive (empty) money clip.

Id spend it on crypto and buy a hardware wallet later when your portfolio is worth something!

• Like 1

just wanted something secure "banked" and to play with and see what the score is .. done deal now although i could return it but I don't think I want to , thanks tho all the same.

maybe also a little bit of wanting to have and to hold something rather than risk memory casting it all away

Honestly I agree that buying a hardware wallet is a bit overkill unless you're holding a lot of btc. A software wallet like Exodus does the job perfectly, you just need to make sure you write down your private key and keep it somewhere safe in case your memory fails you and you forget your password.

You'd still need somewhere safe to store your hardware wallet and you'd have to go take it and put it back in place everytime you want to use some btc. Whereas with a software wallet you'll only need to go to your safe if you forgot your password.

If you just plan on holding for long term and not touch your btc for a while you could just store them in a paper wallet, a well hidden one is probably the most secure way to do it.

• Like 1

thanks for your honesty guys but still feel excited about having a little contraption .. maybe i'm still needing to shed some in-build consumerism over a shiny little piece of metal that lights up ?

for example, I might go and get a bit of gold and some silver and some neodymium magnets and some titanium if I can get it .. maybe a raw diamond .. maybe a trilobite might find it's way in to have and to hold.

Edited by ☽Ţ ҉ĥϋηϠ₡яღ☯ॐ€ðяئॐ♡Pϟiℓℴϟℴ
  • Like 1

Well good for you anyway Horsey, that expense will quickly be covered by the profits you'll make. Especially if we keep going at that rate.

• Like 1