The Corroboree
Psylo

x x

lock em in the garage at night.

If you are going to let them out unrestricted at all, from my understanding they actually kill a lot less native wildlife like birds and lizards at night, and just eat rats and stuff instead. Kenny Echidna's advice notwithstanding:

Gotta get to bed, rest my weary head

Gotta brush my teeth, and there's prayers to be said

Put away the toys in the old toy box

Bring in the cat, snap on the locks

What's cruel is keeping a cat inside 23/7.

not entirely true. like i said there are some breeds that are very happy to be indoors all the time, your ragdoll is one ov them. nothing cruel about it.

even the common cat if kept indoors from the start will be quite happy as long as there is some form ov stimuli. even just half an hour ov play is enough.

& ov course the older the cat gets the less it can be bothered to go outside anyway.

to be cruel there must be some suffering, anyone who's owned a cat knows they don't suffer in silence.

if an indoor cat is constantly howling by the door or trying to run out whenever the door is opened then yeah, maybe you could say that keeping it indoors was cruel, but if the cat is content & happy indoors where's the cruelty?

• Like 2

is this a Persian cat?

looks more like a home-grown domestic terrorist cat to me.

I like cats, and have 2 of them, but i am so over cats.. I got 2 young cats from the animal shelter years ago. Mine are allowed out into the yard during the day, and are then encouraged into the house with food before dusk, and then locked in the laundry at bed time.

I am so over the tufts of fluff every where, the hairballs that get chucked up (which the dog thinks is a toy), vomits of un chewed kibble, feces stuck to the long fur around the bum, the clawing on the furniture, the meowing to get let out of the laundry at like 6am on a weekend etc...

I had a Persian before these 2 cats... Best cat ever (but still did all the horrid cat things, except hunt), so placid, never killed a thing, but due to being a pure bred, fell victim to one of the many genetic disorders that pure breds are prone to.

Some breeds are more inclined to be hunters than others, so i would be taking that into account when looking for a cat. even with a moggy.

I like cats but will not get another cat once my two cats are old and gone.

This was Persia...very laid back.(looks a bit ugly, but she was a lovely cat)

post-7430-0-87483500-1348208032_thumb.jp

Persia cat.jpg

Persia cat.jpg

• Like 1

Two things about which I'm shocked, and no one else seems to have noticed:

1) This whole thing is about cats, and not va-jay-jay.

2) Psylo and Incog are bonding.

That is all.

I prefer a cat to a dog. Cats are no fuss and happy to do their own thing.

Is it just me or do people's houses who keep the cats inside all the time, smell permanently

And faintly like catshit?

Only if you use poor quality litter or don't change it often. We use silicate crystals, change it twice a week and scoop out turds in between so there is no smell and no poo being tramped through the house on cat feet (important because of T. gondii, especially now that my wife is pregant)

'Animals are crapping in our houses and we have to pick it up! Did we lose a war?' — Homer Simpson

I think

What's cruel is keeping a cat inside 23/7. That and people who keep birds in cages to me

And

My way of thinking that's some really fucked up things to do. But that's me

And that's

MY soapbox. Depriving something of freedom

Must be one of the cruelest acts we can do to another creature of any sp.

There is nothing cruel about it, we have a big house and a cat kingdom that touches the ceiling. I often have to persuade them to go outside, and when they do they are often out there half the day (or night—one of the boys is a real hunter and prefers to sit out there at night to catch crickets, which I turn a blind eye to)

Our three cats are very happy and healthy and have already far outlived most outdoor cats, although one of the boys we picked up as a stray had a health scare last year, but is recovering nicely after $10,000 worth of care at the vet.

Also, I don't need to constantly stomp on the heads of lizards and birds they have tormented for hours like I used to, or scrape a bloody twitching mess of a mangled cat off the road like I have had to do in the past.

What is cruel is letting an animal roam free to maim and kill wildlife insidcriminately, get infested with parasites, and then die young, which the majority of outdoor cats do.

By your logic here, it would be cruel to keep a dog (not to mention a lion) from freely roaming the streets. Do you think that is okay?

Of course it is not cruel, it is being responsible for your pet by taking care of it properly and minimizing the harm it can cause to itself and other animals.

Edited by chilli
  • Like 1

when you get your cat don't forget to get the latest must have accessory:

tumblr_manzm7su8D1qz9dz7o1_500.png

• Like 2

...and scoop out turds in between...

:blink:

WIth one of these:

3061658_f260.jpg

Hopefully you flush the toilet regularly, and don't just let your turds pile up in there all week. :P

By far the worst job is picking up the dog's shit, she sure pumps out a lot of poop.

There sure are a crap load of words for number twos aren't there?

Edited by chilli

^

OMG, theres a line of cat turd utensils?!!

..pure Douglas Adams :P

• Like 2

Sorry to hear of your loss Psylo we lost a real charcter last year to snake bite so understand that feeling of expectin the little fella to pop up.

I thought it would be nice to have something different that doesn't quite have the emotional attachment of a cat -- so I turned to dragons and pythons.

when my 9 year old python died i was fuckin devastated and it has take me four years to find someone to fill the void, so you can get attached to anything.

True. I've got 3 snakes, and whilst I'm attached to them, I wouldn't say I'm attached as much as I was to my cat.

Just don;t get rats, the little fuckers are so personable and then they die so quickly, it's heartbreaking.

• Like 1

I never had rats but mice are like that too.

When I was about five I had a small colony of pet mice, all with names like bitey, spotty, fluffy, blacky and they occasionly 1 or 2 would sleep in my bed with me. Sometimes I would roll on them in the night and suffocate the poor wee things.

I remember feeling soooo bad.

They were far too trusting of me.

• Like 2

I had mice once. I was told they were 2 males. One wasn't. I sold them all back to the pet shop and made about $5.

You were a softhearted kid bogfrog, that sounds slightly traumatizing. :)

I remember playing with mice around that age, I grabbed one too hard and accidentally split its stomach open and it's guts spilled out and I just blamed it on my sister. :)

Atom, not sure how they could get them mixed up, the males are very obvious:

Male_and_female_rats.jpg

:)

Edited by chilli
  • Like 1

I honestly have no idea either, I was a kid - I didn't really check :P They were white mice if that makes any difference.

Haha sorry mate I thought you said rats. Haven't examined any mouse balls, believe it or not.

I bought a "female" rat a few weeks ago only to get home and find out it was male. I had checked when I bought her/him, but didn't see anything.

Their balls must retract or something

I bought a "female" rat a few weeks ago only to get home and find out it was male. I had checked when I bought her/him, but didn't see anything.

Their balls must retract or something

How old was he? The boys are cuddlier anyway.. nawww squishy ratties!

Yuck male rats have always grossed me out.

My step-sister had several over the years which she would let crawl down her top and around her neck.. She wud even let them eat out of her mouth.

I hope Psylo and his misses meet their kitty-soulmate, I sure met mine.

The funny thing about cats is that they seem to arrive in your life in mysterious ways.

My cat was born in our lounge while me & the flatmates were havin a big old chop. As soon as I saw my slimy little kitty I knew I couldn't let anyone else in the world claim her but me. She was a very bung-eye kitten, but so cute she made you feel like your insides were made of melting candyfloss and rainbow dust.

My mum recently moved into a new house and we had talked about getting her a kitten.

Next thing she knows, the most charming, cuddly, handsome, polite cat (Jim) just moves on in with her. She couldn't be happier with him.

I still cant help but think they are little aliens sometimes.

I'm sure the majority of cat owners have suspected a telepathic connection at times.

Sometimes its just far too purrfect.