The Corroboree
Psylo

x x

We keep our cats inside, and let them out in a secure part of the yard on a long lead and harness most days.

It is better for native fauna and much safer for the cat. Maybe an idea to try if you do get another one.

advice-animals-memes-nyan-cat-auditions.png

• Like 1

We have a kitten called patch at work u can have. He's pretty cool. He's running down his 9 lives, I'd say his body will be found in some feed wheat in Egypt in the coming months if someone doesn't take him in. He's a cool cat, alot of character and not very old at all. If u want him he's urs. He's the last of a litter of 4, all the rest dying a gruesome conveyor belt death. There's a ready supply of kittens at work as the old girls on the office persist in feeding the wild cats thinking they kill the mice and keep the galahs away,but they are that fat from the old girls whiskers and all the workers lunches they would prefer just to sit on everyone's car bonnets all day which shits me to tears.

So yeah Psylo I can keep u supplied in cats for life. If anyone has any legitimate car soup recipes please feel free to pm also.

Please don't get me wrong I love cats.

I own one he's a ragdoll cat, and I love to squeeze him and give him kisses he is sooooo cute!

I am keen to make a cat soup with the next one that gets minced at work, one of the young fat ones.

Edited by incognito

So sorry to hear your loss.

I had a cat for around 14 years (since I was 8 years old) and I just couldn't bring myself to get another, as it was too upsetting.. This is what started me with reptiles.

I thought it would be nice to have something different that doesn't quite have the emotional attachment of a cat -- so I turned to dragons and pythons.

Besides, my partner has a cat -- so that void is (mostly) filled.

Edited by SYNeR

I think its a girl? U should pm

Me ur mobs no and I'll take some shots when I get to work. I rekon u would dig him. He's got character, and that's what I want in a cat, the cats I remember anyhoo. I'm not THAT fond of cats, but the cool cats, the cats with character I think are just awesome.

Edit- these cats have come from the wild and therefore get quite well looked after in comparison to to most other cuts. They get wormed and fed. Anywhere else they would have been killed, which prolly would be more ethical. But hey we are ferals to and they give u something to watch and give a scratch to during smoko. Funny when u see a rough tough dude who supposedly hates cats reach down and give one a scratch when no ones looking or grind the loader to a holt when one walks out him. It's really like they are in charge. Unique symbiotic relationship :)

They give entertainment and a focal point we give food shelter and

Medication. So much

Smack gets talked about the cats during the day I guess then we don't talk smack about each other. As an animal lover, they are VERY well treated ! I would rather be one of these cats in my next life than a cat on a leash kept inside with my balls cut off pissing in a box of sand :) give me 200k an ht conveyor belts and meat pies anyday ;)

Edited by incognito

Sorry to hear about your loss, how long had you had her?

I'd love to get a cat, but i'm planning on doing a few long trips in the next couple ov years so it wouldn't

be such a good idea.

I know you want to avoid breeders & i totally agree w/that, but there are some breeds that are really suited to being indoor cats; & many ov those breeds are really intelligent, playful & affectionate.

If you can find one ov those breeds at a shelter you'll be laughing.

We had a stray Persian type cat camped out under the house for a couple ov days, she was super affectionate, very talkative & had the bluest eyes.

I would have kept her if we hadn't already got a cat.

Ended up taking her to the vet & they were supposed to pass her on to a local shelter, but a couple ov the girls at the vet fell in love w/her & one ov them took her.

What i mean is, if there are stray Persians out here, then you might be able to find something similar in Sydney.

Like I said I have a ragdoll cat. He's awesome. He sleeps all day and night. Sometimes I think he's dead. He hates exercise and he's useless outside. I don't have a lot of time for him which he's cool with as that interrupts with sleep night. But he loves big cuddles and that's awesome.

I had a truly great cat called Chester. He was infamous on my street, everyone fed

And loved him. Was just a cool mofo. Snoop dogg of cats. Loved a sesh, u hear it a lot but this cat DID. Went don a dias drain one day and never returned. I waited for that cat for a good 8 months before I gave up. Spirit animalesque. On shrooms he uses to scare

Me, I swore he was telepathic :0

Don't think another cat will come close.

• Like 1

I figured, of I ever own another cat, I'm going to get a Cornish Rex. They sound pretty cool.

My daughter has a Bengal cat. Her step dads mum is a breeder, they are patterned like a jaguar pretty expensive stuff.

Out cats are pretty tough. They go through a rigorous natural selection process and a very people friendly. Maybee we could have our own breed? So I'd say they are tough, smart and well socialized.

Edited by incognito

Either them or them freaking Freemasons :(

Is it just me or do people's houses who keep the cats inside all the time, smell permanently

And faintly like catshit? I think

What's cruel is keeping a cat inside 23/7. That and people who keep birds in cages to me

And

My way of thinking that's some really fucked up things to do. But that's me

And that's

MY soapbox. Depriving something of freedom

Must be one of the cruelest acts we can do to another creature of any sp.

Edited by incognito

Edited by Jonstn
  • Like 1

You are probably right whitewind, I am getting worried I may get my first warn point now!

My first post was innocuous and intended to be helpful and Psylo responded by insulting me.

When I explained why my post was on topic, Psylo then brought up off-topic matters of a personal nature to mock me (I shared with him on chat that I had abusive parents who abandoned us).

Actually Psylo does that kind of thing a lot, all I did was respond in kind.

Edited by chilli

I am hesitant to get involved simply because of the individuals involved. Chilli is right in that Psylo did say those nasty things - publically and at a time to have the most destructive impact [when the servers were down]. Psylo did not get suspended for that, but for other things. There are things that are against the rules and there are things that are simply nasty and stupid. The things psylo said were the latter.

Psylo is back on a short leash - kinda like cats should be IF you value native wildlife.

I also know that Pyslo's loss was already over a week ago, so it's not like chilli's timing is extreme. I also think chilli is doing exactly what psylo always does - pushing the boundaries of what is acceptable, polite or nice in order to get a response. if it was about anyone else I would intervene [as I have with greg for example], but as we've had to suspend psylo multiple times now for exactly that sort of behaviour I was wondering that maybe it might be therapeutic for him to experience it for himself.

(I shared with him on chat that I had abusive parents who abandoned us).

why the fuck would you tell him something like that? he just mines that sort of information so he can use it at a later point in an underhanded way.

• Like 1

Took out pretty much everything that wasnt about cats. All new posts that go into the same direction will vanish too and i will have a closer look at the whole conversation later again to see if warn points are appropriate.

Chili, dont attack psylo just out of the blue in a thread like this. I know he is certainly not an angel but Torstens a big boy and if he decides to have psylo here, you should respect that.

Now this thread is about Cats...

why the fuck would you tell him something like that? he just mines that sort of information so he can use it at a later point in an underhanded way.

Because I have issues with trust and poor boundaries probably.

See, I am doing it again!

Anyways psyllo offer still stands I will SMS some pics tonight.

I think what cats do to Australian fauna pails in comparison to what humans in Australia do. If there where cats that wherent mine on my property I would shoot. Them and foxes. Shame same cant be said for Mormons.

I would meet that tiny hippy voice halfway and put bells on them and lock em in the garage at night. I like cats, but to let them loose and breed and run wild is not responsible. I Always hear "feral this feral that". I don't think any feral animal causes as much harm to its native environment over a lifetime as a human does over it's. Good to keep in mind for ethical reasons.

• Like 1