The Corroboree
nitrogen

Nitrogen´s Connoisseur hybrids - pics and seed giveaway

I've been drooling for the last few minutes or so,.... and would love some seeds..... is there anyone out there that has some laying around? PM,... maybe a trade.... I just have to get in on the wacky hybrids

Hey man, I don't have any seed left but I could remove one of these pups for you if your interested :)

post-1330-0-05722600-1368319530_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-05722600-1368319530_thumb.jpg

post-1330-0-05722600-1368319530_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Keep the updates coming

most exciting thread !

awesome job everyone

hey modern shaman I realised I never replied to this:

Have you personally experienced this? I've also read this but never seen proof.Have you personally experienced this? I've also read this but never seen proof.

yep I have experienced this but not with trichocerei as scions

• Like 1

I've been drooling for the last few minutes or so,.... and would love some seeds..... is there anyone out there that has some laying around? PM,... maybe a trade.... I just have to get in on the wacky hybrids

yeah mate, I got just about all varieties of seeds nitrogen offered ....shoot me a pm & we'll do a trade or sumpthin

The second last photo. Omg! That's what I was talking about! I hope I'm right when I say that looks like it might have a growth habit similar to a TBM. That is one sexy sexy clone man. Inermis I think it's called. And if I spy right not just one but two! Ur the best nitrogen

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 2

Incredible!!!

awesome!

Brilliant!

wow they are just beautiful. i have to say im very jelous of you nitrogen

LOL Ned is cool and that second last one is mad :drool2: Sorry for my sick mind but how about naming it TPM "DILDO". It'll gain a cult following for sure :)

• Like 1

How much more whack can we get them to get?

Hope there a chance that the Penis Peruv will set flower unlike the Penis Bridgesy.

What's interesting now is that we might now have an idea allong what path Penis Bridgesii came to be.

• Like 1

Fantastic Nitrogen! I have a few mutants from your seed aswell but ran out of pereskiopsis so will post pics when they get a bit bigger damn wish i could have grafted mine already super exciting stuff...

Yea these things are going to be all sorts of awesome when they get bigger - I'm trying to imagine what each would look like as a multi-branched mother plant - not easy!!

They grow so quick on pereskiopsis - I grafted up a few recently and with the warm weather here now they are catching right up..

How much more whack can we get them to get?

Hope there a chance that the Penis Peruv will set flower unlike the Penis Bridgesy.

What's interesting now is that we might now have an idea allong what path Penis Bridgesii came to be.

Agreed, or if not how it came to be. A recipe to reproduce more.Chances are they may not be able to flower at all, but are the offspring of monstrose parent/s. Next thing that'll be interesting to see is if they'll pup from an areole or burst through the skin underneith the areole as the TBM does. Popcorn moments.. Here's a week or so's growth from last pic:

http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=132900723_mycrest3_122_439lo.JPG'>th_132900723_mycrest3_122_439lo.JPGhttp://img167.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=132949165_mycrest1_122_689lo.JPG'>th_132949165_mycrest1_122_689lo.JPG

• Like 1

I'm a few months behind you guys! But, I have my seedlings ready and will e grafting in a few days. Watch out!

To repeat what has been said before.... In a few years time there will be so many different forms of these plants getting around. And i i cant wait to see them. Nitrogen you are leaving your mark on history ;)

Edited by watertrade
  • Like 2

Is it just me or is it going to be as hard as I think it will be in a few years when these are starting to make the rounds that without some sort of uniform or semi uniform method of naming them to make them a bit more tongue rolly and preferably without containing key words that may be frowned upon in years to come. Or even now depending on where u reside. Maybe there's already rules that can take the guess work out of this. Like the way there is with other Latin naming. And if not, maybe something as simple as the way the zee sweet fruit company uses repeating key words for a lot of their cultivars. Maybe regularly trying to include the words nitro or nitrogen in the cultivar names. Something like Trichocereus Nitro fury, T. Nitro blaze, etc etc as I just can't see trichocereus peruvianus cristrate cross SS02/pachanoi clone 242 with monstrose and crested tendencies that occasionally throws out some unusual forms of mutation we have yet to define of identify being all that easy to remember or say. And the. We just need a reference system where people can refer to and find out their pedigree. Or maybe I'm just being pedantic :P

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 3

Yea I think we have to include the parentage for sure, to keep track of the geneticss - but then we can just name the variation however we like - I've already decided on a TPM x (SS02 x pachanoi) v. "Ned", and a TPM x N1 v. "Conundrum"..

Flattering as it is, I don't think including the name "nitrogen" or variations thereof as the species name is a good idea because we lose the original parentage, and also because I've made a bunch of other crosses that aren't going to have all these exciting mutations.. I don't think there's any way around keeping the genus and species in there somewhere.. Come to think of it, in the above examples, the full name would be T. peruvianus v. "monstrosus" x (T. bridgesii v. "SS02" x T. pachanoi v. "PC") v. "Ned and T. peruvianus v. "monstrosus" x T. bridgesii v. "N1" - kinda a mouthful for sure.. Might could just put the full articulated name in a footnote if distributing seed or cuttings..

• Like 2

Yeah deff agree that u have to retain the parentage knowledge. That's why you would still need some form of reference for the pedegree of these cacti. A place like http://trichoseriousethnobotany.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/trichocereus-bridgesii-kai.html which I must compliment whoever's site this is as it is very informative. I think a reference like this would be invaluable regardless of which naming system is applied to any X's, to help distinguish individual clones.

peace

N

• Like 1

have some of nitro's awesome seed x's, ive been busy as all hell so i want to offer some to people preferably that ive dealt with before, to grow and graft some of these and in return offer some back to me down the track! grafted and ungrafted would be wild.

pm if your keen, have the time, and want to bounce some cactus back to me when the times right.

cheers nitro, what a mutant spreader.

love the tbm like growth form!

serious champion for spreading the love.

• Like 1

gettin some more freak on,

evolution over 120 hours

top graft in this 1st foto th_778293861_TPMxN11_122_504lo.JPG th_778235593_TPMxN14_122_398lo.JPG
th_778401477_TPMxN13_122_473lo.JPGth_778348845_TPMxN12_122_216lo.JPG

Edited by naja naja
  • Like 2

I regret not sowing earlier. Almost embarassed to have them and still not sown them - at least I send some away! Well I will not sow this summer.

I am very inclined to let a lot of them ungrafted too. see some of the cereus peruvianus mosntrosa seed growns, that get tiny and all?

maybe if you give them all hormones {aka grafting} they might look more universal, you might blunt their special phenotypical traits. It might be very good with creating a selected strain of normal growth trichocerei, but might (could?) alter the monster traits to a less desired degree?

see, monstering is slowing down. my thoughts refer especially to the new born ~ teenhood ~ maturehood

f.e. this inerms {?} form is indeed beautiful, but is it more than a passing phase?

cannot imagine it pertaining for long. so it is really a form or an indicator of the some alternating phase?

my seemingly failed 'anus plant' mosntrosity (some KK which is cuscocoid) which went terribly slow, failing to show off anything out of the 'inermis' phase other than some extremely slow growth rate, nice formation at this state, so slow as if stalling and a single anus. well at one point it was an anus. maybe its was the enthousiastic start to an extremely slow inermis

but I might also been dreaming

but all trichocerei monsters (mature) I know alternate between two states.

even more interesting is the cycle of the kadakuda pachanoi monster / crest . I tried hard to turn this fucker from a crest to a columnar monster , as I initially had bought it - it was especially interesting that kada kuda said he also had the same occurence, only reverse! - he said he only has seen this clone in monster form, and was surpised it was cresty for me, him heavily propagating it too. {hint???}

this also creates new thing: cloning, especially intensive propagative cloning can be very revealing of a phenotype

but think of that for a sec

first of all, trichocerei are already fast growers from seed , they dont really need grafting if you're a bit patient. then again, dunno how fast trich monsters go from seed , I mean, cereus go pretty fast.

but think of it like

each monster cactling, has its own phenotype because it indeed has different growth of rate or monstrosity. so you might have 10 intermediate colours as a result of different speed rate.

then if you boost all your chosen seedling through graftin, you might make them similar. or maybe I am just talking bullshit here

-----

/****************---------**********

bit off topic now

it took me several years to understand a rather obvious thing. its such a mild winter, you'd better sow anything early on here, and early on means automn and winter for zone 9.

when the heat comes, its difficult to maintain lots of seedlings and keep them happy without some automation, well cactlings dont die, but its sad to sow them and leave them unwatered in warm times!

I tried a couple areole grafts on situ in the GH. all fucked (selinicereus sp, no pressure) . I think very warm periods are no good for sowing. and we got a long period of warm and hotness. They say its gonna be cool this year though.

I even think (some) cuttings rooted faster in the winter in the GH rather than now that its lots warmer

5 years in cacti , and so much more to be learnt. boy I wish a had another 2-3 lives, only for cacti!

NEW PHENOTYPES

very interesting discussion about naming and all.

just a thought. me myself my inner virgo would like to note everything if I could

but has it ever occured to you that after a point

its healthier to tag only the mother plants, and let the other ones let be?

I mean, yeah sure, I always tag ot remember my mother plants, but after a while

its hard- if you have a lot ot plants or smoke a lot or both, lol

moreover, some permanent markers fade very quickly with sun, and you stuck up with the nameless tag holding your balls.

I am just saying

If you have many many plants

put an hiararchy of the names/IDs you would want to loose.

after a while it becomes an obession with little practicality and lots of confusion - this tricho thing

I am not suggesting something solid here

But I am quite sure I will have something more to say about this in 10 years! - if I am still alive, and with my luck, I will be still around and kicking!

I am still waiting for eileen to show me she is fatter, more bulky bridgesii than say Tig. I should give her more time, as I haven't really pampered any one Eilleen plant while I was butchering her a lot, but I got a one biggy I want to transfer to a bigger pot in better soil. We'll see. I finally got psycho0 but its a sorry-ass cutting. rot the base twice. still not rooted. how 's that for hardiness.

but I know its got to depend from the strength and history of the cutting you start with.

the first cutting of eillen I got was about the same length with tig. but the eileen was a stressed and fucked up cutting.

once I was given a really fat 30 cm long scopulicola, the one I have shown some times, calling it euro scop. It came from a heavily fertilised mother plant.

FAT cutting give

FAT pups

shit I am so waaaaaaaaay off topic

excuse the rave

but all in all

it doesn't harm to have a greek mofo having the seed and planning a sowing for next automn in zone 9 .

this knowing reports of various known suspects of cacti obsession

all revealed by this very thread

PS: at least I am having a seemigly monstrosus or trichotomus seedling out of some trichocereus seed batch

and have grown some tricho monsters for couple years now extremely cutting them off, thus knowing

HOW THEY START

HOW THEY SLOW

for the extremely cresty form the reptile form (inermis?) is rather rather rare . maybe the extremely linear crestation casues the neverending crestation? this form might be interesting to grow in medium light conditions.

for the the crest / columnar/ mosnter, I still cannot know. seems like it has all kinds of growth. "reptile" (inermis?) , columnar monstrosa, short breaks of normal growth , and of course crestation.

???

......................................so I dont feel I complete idiot

• Like 2

Heres my wee babies.

They have been hardened off for a couple months now, and a few are starting to show some odd formations already.

Not exactly sure how long ago i sowed them, keeping track of dates isn't my forte, hopefully i have posted about it in this thread somewhere so i can find out.

post-8023-0-44613600-1370826540_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-21541500-1370826607_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-73107100-1370826843_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-37637700-1370826893_thumb.jp

I have only grafted two, and they were both TPQC x TPM, i'll get some more on the go in spring, but this is where i'm at thus far

One

post-8023-0-24344900-1370827043_thumb.jp

And two (ah man, fuckn ipad is messing with my pics again, sorry in advance for any crooked necks)

post-8023-0-65440100-1370827292_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 3

Freeeaky huh :P

post-8023-0-11344200-1370845528_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-29616100-1370845556_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

I just can't stop drooling over everyone's pics in this thread :)

Here are some updated pics of my babies

Tpm x n1

post-1330-0-51007400-1373186424_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-78892800-1373186622_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-55118100-1373186833_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-15131800-1373187922_thumb.jp

TPC x JJ,SS02,(SS02 x pach) starting to freak out

post-1330-0-90059100-1373188112_thumb.jp

Tpm x (SS02 x pach) doing the same :)

post-1330-0-56215500-1373188231_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-51007400-1373186424_thumb.jpg

post-1330-0-78892800-1373186622_thumb.jpg