The Corroboree
nitrogen

Nitrogen´s Connoisseur hybrids - pics and seed giveaway

I have been away for nearly a week and on my return I had that magical envelope waiting for me. Nitrogen your a legend, what an amazing thing you have done. The world of trichocereus and trichocereus breeding and growing has forever been effected by what you have done and I take my hat off to you mate!! I like my new alias as well, Sylvester Frankenheimer! I am getting these babies planted today, have never been so excited to sow a seed in my life. I have already been in contact with my people in the states and my people put me in touch with your people and I shall be sending back a little something to your personage in the near future. Thank you dude! I'm off to hunt some Peres down....

• Like 2

Thanks so much nitrogen!

Update, all 6 crosses have ~100% germination rate

post-6382-0-29156500-1448970512_thumb.jp

Edit - there's a huge difference when germinating fresh seeds from fellow collectors like, nitrogen zelly ect and seeds from big companies like Koehres. At one point I started to doubt my seed germination skills. Now that I germinated good fresh seeds from both nitro and zelly (100% germ rate), I advice noobs to make sure they have good seeds before questioning their germination methods and soil mix).

post-6382-0-29156500-1448970512_thumb.jpg

post-6382-0-29156500-1448970512_thumb.jpg

Edited by Philocacti
  • Like 2

Just got around to sowing mine today. I gave some seeds away to another worthy dude as well who missed out. Can't wait to see what they turn into! I'm propagating peres like mad to do plenty of grafts, but I'll be leaving lots on their own roots.

• Like 2

I'm still waiting by my letterbox :(

• Like 1

Yea mine didnt show up either. Many thanks goes out to you either way nitrogen! Cheers

• Like 1

These were sown on 26/11/2015

Thanks again nitrogen. I noticed that the LJ x sharxx blue seeds took a couple of days longer than the rest to germinate. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Nitrogens seeds http://imgur.com/f3JfzMW

• Like 2

Yah hopefully they all come through - in the 2012 giveaway some Australian letters took weeks to arrive..

• Like 3

Yea mine didnt show up either. Many thanks goes out to you either way nitrogen! Cheers

Nor did mine - fingers crossed for a late arrival. And full respect for spreading the love Nitrogen. Respect.

• Like 3

Yah hopefully they all come through - in the 2012 giveaway some Australian letters took weeks to arrive..

I purchased seed from zelly after you had posted yours, zellys seed arrived no worries, unopened.

Hoping the nitro seed was opened and is just delayed.. very sad to not see them yet :(

• Like 2

Don't give up hope yet guys. With the last lot of seeds I didn't recieve mine until a week or two after everyone else, but they did arrive eventually

• Like 3

Mine haven't shown yet either but I'm hopefully given the above messages mentioning delays for some aussies in previous giveaways :)
Thanks again Nitrogen

• Like 1

These were sown on 26/11/2015

Thanks again nitrogen. I noticed that the LJ x sharxx blue seeds took a couple of days longer than the rest to germinate. Has anyone else noticed the same thing?

Nitrogens seeds http://imgur.com/f3JfzMW

That's funny because for me, the sharxx crosses are popping like crazy and the others are lagging behind!
  • Like 2

Yah my LJ crosses are still lagging behind.. TPM x SB and the reverse are doing awesome though..

--

Per letters not arriving - I mailed them to every person who PM'd me an addy. However, I know of one case where customs nabbed them for being E. scop rather than T. scop, which of course is absurd. So, they may not arrive for everyone, which is a pity. I will not personally be sending seed out to people whose package did not arrive.

However in the big picture there are now an abundance of these seeds in the community, and I'll infuse them in various ways over time if need be - everyone will eventually have happy little mutant trichos trying to take over their gardens :)

• Like 14

So I'm pretty sure my package has gone awol.

:wave-finger: to customs......

Big thankyou and much respect to Nitrogen for his awesome giveaway regardless.

So, if anybody who received there seeds is feeling awesome. I would absolutely love some seeds of crosses 3, 4 and 5 please!

Have seeds or seedlings to trade.

Have nitrogen's other crosses from zelly for trade too.....

• Like 3

I know fuck all about Australia Post but I do know that xmas time is pretty bloody busy at post offices. Hopefully all the missing letters are just mixed up with the shitloads of christmas cards and stuff also getting delivered right now and will turn up in time for a nice xmas surprise.

As for my seeds, got pretty much 100% germination except for lumberjackus x TPM which is taking a lil longer but getting there nonetheless.

Thanks again Nitro!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Much praise to our God of the Freaks!!!

• Like 3

tpm x N1 http://imgur.com/gallery/kfoRF

Here are some fucking sweet ass non monstrose tpm x N1 babies from nitrogens last seed giveaway.

I think they are some of the prettiest cacti in my collection

• Like 6

Per letters not arriving - I mailed them to every person who PM'd me an addy. However, I know of one case where customs nabbed them for being E. scop rather than T. scop, which of course is absurd. So, they may not arrive for everyone, which is a pity. I will not personally be sending seed out to people whose package did not arrive.

However in the big picture there are now an abundance of these seeds in the community, and I'll infuse them in various ways over time if need be - everyone will eventually have happy little mutant trichos trying to take over their gardens :)

Thanks for your efforts mate. I assume mine are caught up somewhere too.. A mate got a letter from you and he said t cost you $10usd to post it. So at ~50 letters that's a mere $700-800aud dollars just to post these out. That's a huge effort, great work! If my letter arrives I hope I can read the return address cos you'll be getting a gift in return! And even if it doesn't can someone send me nitros addy so I can gift him anyways

• Like 6

howdy mates, Santa stopped by today & gave me a couple more bags of his seeds to disperse, so if you are on Nitrogens 2015 giveaway list & didnt receive your seeds, post in this thread to that effect & then send me a pm & I can hook you up with his # 1, 2, 3, 4, & 6 as well as 2 others he created, P0 x SB & P0 x LJ.

atm, this offer is only good for the ppl who were on his list & havent received his seeds.

The seed code is as follows:

1. Lumberjackus x TPM

2. Psycho0 x TPM

3. Sharxx Blue x TPM

4. TPM x Sharxx Blue

5. TPM x Huarazensis

6. Lumberjackus x Sharxx Blue

Once this is hashed out, for any remaining Nitro seeds, I'll open up the Nitrogen giveaway to all current active sab members who were not on his list.

• Like 11

Hey Zelly, is it correct to assume that I would be aware if I was on Nitro's giveaway list? I'm pretty sure that I'm not on any sort of list, but I have strong interest in these seeds.

Indeed.. I had no confirmation I would be receiving any seeds but would absolutely love to zelly. I'm just assuming I was meant to as nitro mentioned he sent em to everyone who sent him their details.

Peace and thanks

from post #646 above, available Nitrogen seeds will be mailed in the next few days to tarenna, visceral420, ace1928, mystical oyster, and theuserformallyknownasd00d

ps: I save the tracking number on the customs form :)

cheers

• Like 5

Thankyou heaps Zelly and Nitrogen!! :D