The Corroboree
nitrogen

Nitrogen´s Connoisseur hybrids - pics and seed giveaway

I spoke with nitrogen about obtaining these seeds months before they were ready.

Unfortunately I was in hospital when this thread was started and the giveaway was in motion.

I put it down to misfortune and had not even spoken with nitro since my admission and had given up all hope of obtaining all these awesome seeds, only to arrive home today to a shitload of glorious seeds direct from our bro over in the states.

You Nitrogen are a legend !! you have made me a very very happy man.

Cheers to you brother !

• Like 7

Thank you thank you thank you, I've never been so happy to open the mail box. So shall we call it a race? hmmm, see who gets the first freaks and another prize for the most amount of freaks, maybe one for the freakiest of them all. Ur a legend Nitro!!!

• Like 1

Hey guys, didn't want to make a new thread. But I'm waiting for the seedpod to ripen of my last mutant cross (Merrick X Huang), and I'll spread it around. Can't wait to see how absolutely munted and messed up the offspring are. Here's the parents:

Elephant+Man+01.jpg

J. Merrick

huang-chuncai-8.jpg

Huang

But in all seriousness, I don't understand the fascination with mutants. :P

• Like 2

Got them today!!!. very generous of you nitro! Good luck too all who have an oppurtunity to grow these legendary seeds, oh yeh we wanna see grow logs and pics!

Cheers

Yes where are all the seedling pictures????

What a great guy you are nitrogen

Mr postman I used to like you when you kept delivering parcels with cacti in them but you are pushing the friendship. It is not a heavy item just a little packet of seeds so if you could be so kind and BRING ME MY FUCKING SEEDS I would appreciate it very much thanks. :lol:

Has everyone else got theirs ?

Cheers

Got

• Like 3

still waiting... hoping... fearing the worst :unsure:

Thankyou soo much for the seeds Nitrogen! received them a week ago. Thought i better say thanks.

Fingers crossed everyone else get theirs!

• Like 1

mine made it through, unmolested. After seeing the packaging, I'm sure every1 elses will also.

peace

Naja

Thanks nitro, my seeds arrived today :)

I'm still waiting, I'm like you GOT stalking the postman haha

Hope they all touch down soon - pity it's taking some of them awhile to arrive.

I imagine they will get there though - all addresses were double checked and printed legibly, and everything was tight and proper in terms of the packaging and customs form - they would have no reason to confiscate the letters - the return addy is real and no letters have come back to me - all were paid at the register too, so there were no issues with correct postage etc.. And everyone who emailed me with their addy got a letter sent out.

I've seen this before with letters to Oz though - sometimes they take a bit - no rhyme or reason to it

Edited by nitrogen

AQS opened my seeds, that's prob what the delay is :)

post-1330-0-94408500-1352356879_thumb.jp

post-1330-0-94408500-1352356879_thumb.jpg

post-1330-0-94408500-1352356879_thumb.jpg

waiting patiently .

• Like 1

Cool its not just me then that makes me feel a bit better. I have had this happen before where packages have been sent at the same time from Europe and mine arrived about 4 weeks after others in the same state and non had been opened by quarantine.

Edit: I just wanted to say whether my seeds arrive or not .Nitrogen you are a legend for doing this and for those that might not no he has done the same over at the Nook so the spread of these seeds is quite broad. :worship:

Cheers

Got

Edited by GoOnThen
  • Like 3

According to the Post Office, recently, new procedures have been put in place, or existing procedures are being more rigidly adhered to. This has occurred within the last 7 days.

The name and address on the return label must exactly match what's on the customs declaration, and now you're required to specify a quantity are two procedures that I'd been made aware of. So if the package has 8 packets of seeds, you need to so state on the customs form, and not just merely claiming trichocereus (or whatever) seeds.

But yeah, two packets sent on the same day, one arrives in 7 days and the other arrives two weeks later is quite common place unless one specifically pays for the 5-6 day class of mail, which is rather pricey. With the cheaper, slower method of shipping, neither customs nor Australian Post are under any requirements to speedily deliver the mail. Or so I've been told.

• Like 1

Yeh I think once parcels are in Aus our postal service tends to dick about with some things, but like nitro said everything adhered to what they asked.

I am also very thankful I was put on that list,

you are a legend nitro not just for spreading the love but for being the amazing green thumb you are, getting your mutants to flower and producing some amazing crosses and sending them out for us Aussies to enjoy is a mighty task. Whether my seeds arrive or not this whole thing still makes me happy knowing these genetics are now in Aus, everyone here thanks you

• Like 2

Thx for the kind words! I've been fortunate in a number of ways in terms of cactus growing, and enjoy spreading the goodness - brings me a lot of joy to stoke other people out..

Hopefully everyone's get there, but as Ethos says, there is now a bunch of these seeds in Oz and NZ - assuming good germination rates like I'm seeing, there will probably be seeds and seedlings in circulation here in a bit for those who didn't get the seed from me..

• Like 2

Whoo hoo my first seeds form Nitrolegend germinated today, found 6 tiny seedling. Sowed them 6 days ago so absolutely stoked.

Too small to take photo's yet but when I hopefully get a little forest of seedlings will post pics.

• Like 3