The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
lost nebula

Areca catechu - Very Fresh Betel Nut Palm Seeds

I have for trade (preferably) or sale 40 of these Betel nut palm seeds (Areca catechu). They are very large fresh seeds that are still soft and have been harvested recently and are ready to germinate this spring.

post-9914-0-29316500-1347885593_thumb.jp

I am looking to trade these in return for some catha edulis seeds, plants or cuttings of any strain. I am also looking for some Pereskiopsis and some lophs.

Pm me should you have any of these and would like to trade with me. Alternatively if you would like to buy some pm me for details.

They will be selling for $18 for 10 seeds postage included, contact me for a better deal if you'd like more.

post-9914-0-29316500-1347885593_thumb.jpg

post-9914-0-29316500-1347885593_thumb.jpg

Edited by lost nebula

When were they harvested? Quote from SAB 'Propagation is by seed (viability is only a couple of weeks)'

When were they harvested? Quote from SAB 'Propagation is by seed (viability is only a couple of weeks)'

they were harvested 2 days ago and as long as they are kept in a moist environment (in moist soil or underwater) they can keep up to 2 months before planting. Leaving the husks on also helps keeps them moist in transport.

they were harvested 2 days ago and as long as they are kept in a moist environment (in moist soil or underwater) they can keep up to 2 months before planting. Leaving the husks on also helps keeps them moist in transport.

i agree, keep the husk on and it will prolong viabilety.

i managed to sprout seeds, which were collected at the bottom of the palm which had hardly any husk left.

this palm is cold sensitive (it's doing ok in the bg rocky)), at least as a baby, all my seedlings died over winter, but iboga survived the same spot without any trouble. not meant as a damper, just giving more info.

it's a very beautyfull palm.

Hi Lost Nebula,

No doubt that batch is long gone but the palms remain, hoping you still check this forum. If you do get any more seed pods I will grab some when ever the season is. Have some perth red khat about to go into flower that will seed if you want them and a small amount of hybrid catha seeds from ph. Which by the way produce some weird progeny: narrow leaf red and pink and broad leaf grean so far. Not sure if I can clone those freaks but if so would try and post tubes over.