The Corroboree
J Smith

420th post giveaway

I've just passed my 420th post plus my 4th Sab birthday so I'm doing a giveaway.

I have one pack of ethno seeds to a person who tells me in this thread what their favourite number is and why. Entries close at 2000 hrs aest this Sunday. I'll pick my favourite.

Personally, my favourite number is 13. I have size 13 feet, my sport jersey number is always 13, my wife was born on the 13th, I'm my paternal grandmother's 13th grandchild and my kid is my maternal grandmothers 13th great grandchild. The 13th letter of the alphabet is m which is the first letter of my name.

Edit - see post 5 for the list of seeds

Edited by madhouses visites

Ooo... can't resist!

My favourite number is 375. It used to be the numbers that followed my runescape account name. I joined on the 3/7/05 don't judge too harshly rofl. I did use them one time in lotto and managed to win $500!

EH

1200. Because thats how many mics it took Raja Ram to finish the first 1200 mics album!

• Like 1

So the seeds are

Cactus

T. Scop x t. Spach

T. Chiloensis

T. Pach open #3

T. Pach open #4

Rosei #1 x pach

T. Peru x t. Bridge

A. Horridus

Chilli

White hab

Yellow scotch bonnet

Bih jolokia

Other

Gourd 'speckled swan'

Morning glory 'milky way'

California poppy

Cape gooseberry

Bush ginger

Plus some others...

(null)

Edited by madhouses visites
  • Like 1

80085. I think we all know why this one is great :P

• Like 3

Mine is also 13.

It is also my shoesize (i think) and my name starts with an M :P

I really only call it my "luky number" because of the western phobia (since Jason) of the 13th.

• Like 1

is smallest number with exactly eight divisors (1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 24), and the largest number with the following property: subtracting one from each of its divisors produces a prime number.

...and I failed maths, and I like 'em 24 :wink:

• Like 4

I'm not a big fan of numbers quite honestly, the biggest use of numbers seems to me the biggest waste, when we count profit and run or entire civilization on counting money. I find it boring and not too easy to use to make real sense of our world, no matter how excited the mathematicians get. So therefore I choose the number 1, it's a nice round number and all other numbers are fractions of it or multiples of it in some way. It's really the only number that makes sense, apart from it's complete opposite - zero.

• Like 1

The number 27 has always attracted me...I dunno why, Always choose it in Lotto and other comps such as this.

The number 4 is sacred to the Native Americans. There are 4 directions, 4 colors of people (red, white, black, yellow), 4 worlds, 4 sacred mountains, 4 sacred medicines (aromas: tobacco, sage, cedar, sweet grass), 4 sacred plants (tobacco, corn, squash, bean).

Some more info about the 4 worlds and mountains (these quotes are taken from the internet, but are truly part of their belief)

First/Black World:

The beginning of time. In the First World, there lived various spiritual beings. They were given Navajo names describing certain insects and animals. Altse Hastiin (First Man) and Altse Asdzaa (First Woman) were created. The beings couldn't get along with one another so they decided to leave through an opening in the east into the Second World.

Second/Blue World:

This world was already occupied by the Blue Birds, animals and other beings who were in disagreement and couldn't get along with one another. There was severe hardship so they decided to leave this world. First Man made a want of white shell, turquoise, abalone, and jet. This wand carried everyone through an opening in the south into the Third World.

Third/Yellow World:

This world was entered first by Bluebird, First Man, First Woman, Coyote, and other beings. This land had great rivers crossing from east to west and north to south. One day, Coyote stole Water Baby from the river, causing a great flood. First Man ordered everyone to climb into the reed to escape the rising waters. As the beings climbed out of the reed into the Fourth World, the people discovered Coyote was the one who had stole Water Baby. Coyote took the Water Baby back to its mother and the flooded waters began to recede.

Fourth/White World:

Locust was the first to enter the fourth world. He saw water everywhere and other beings living there. The beings in the Fourth World would not let the beings from the Third World to enter unless the Locust passed certain tests. Locust passed all the tests and the people entered into the Fourth World. Later, First Man and First Woman formed the four sacred mountains. The sacred dirt was brought from the First World to form these mountains.

The mountains each represent a borderline of the original Navajo tribal land. The mountain ranges include
, the
, and
located in the

Each mountain/peak is representative of a color, direction, and correlates with a cultural light phenomenon dealing with the cosmic scheme of the rising and of the setting sun. Directionally, the mountains are described in a clockwise motion following the movement of the sun beginning with the eastern mountain of Blanca Peak. Blanca Peak is associated with the color white and the "Dawn Man" referring to the rising of the sun. Next in the south is Mt. Taylor, which is associated with the color blue and the "Horizontal Blue Man" referring to the daytime. In the west is the San Francisco Peaks, which is representative of the color yellow and the "Horizontal Yellow Woman" and is associated with the setting of the sun. And finally in the north is the Hesperus Peak of the La Plata Mountains which is given the color black and belongs to the light phenomenon of the "Darkness Woman" representing the nighttime.

numbers well where do i start i looove no 4 everything in a pair is soo great and i figure a pair of pairs cant beat that but have a crazy fixation with odd numbers cant stand the remote volume at a odd setting nor the radio volume ha crazy little inuendos hey we pick up as for a channel i like on a odd number well suck int up kate lol

This is getting heavy, hope the OP doesn't get an over enthisiastic numerologist on board or this thread may well never end..... :rolleyes:

3 also 7

and of course

1302- this number, its being following me everywhere i go...., Its still following to this day.

And the winner is...

Waterboy. Well done, pm me your addy and i'll send out your pack of seeds.

To everyone else who entered, thanks for playing. Pm me if you would like a small consolation prize of some n. tabacum and p. somniferum seed.

• Like 1

Holy shit...plus some others!

Many thanks mate received today, well labeled and packed.

Appreciated, cheers from the south

WB