The Corroboree
bogfrog

Bog's garden 2012 /13 /14 &onwards

Bet you were grinning for days after you first Trich flowers it is just a shame they normally only last one night. Have they set fruit or is it still to early to tell.

I think I have a fruit forming on my Yowie that I introduced Mike to for a one night stand. :)

Every thing is looking healthy and happy as always.

Cheers

Got

It was certainly a sight (and incredible smell) to behold!

We got lucky, the yowie opened the 1st day and the peru the next, so we had two open on one day, then the peru was still open on the third day.

I was stoked that both my parents came over and got to see them open. Finally they could truly appretiate the value of obession.

GOT, those swobodae pods r for you buddy.

• Like 1

GOT, those swobodae pods r for you buddy

Cool its a nice looking little turb :)

The flowers staying open for more than one night is a bit of a strange one. I think it might have something to do with the cooler weather or it could be genetics. I have had 3 out of 5 super pedro flowers stay open for two nights but the other two only lasted one.

I always drag anybody that turns up at my place down to look at my trichs when I have flowers open as most people will never see them up close . :)

Cheers

Got

Good Gawd Bogfrog. So much many specimen plants to take care of that must take some dedication.

Awesome you got those two tricho's synchronized, wicked cross it'll make too. Will be pestering you for some of that seed. :lol:

That yowie flowers a beast isn't it?

Nice pukatea. Just today I was looking at a couple I found a nursery. Such shiny plants, cool red stems too. I just need a job now so I can afford to buy a couple lol.

Your tricho oddy looks very similar to a freak I picked up from the warehouse. Where'd you score your one from?

Its definately a daily commitment, especially keeping up with my berry plants, vege garden and bonsai.

Theres urgent watering to do almost everyday.

Odd-bod came from castle rock cacti nursery, they supply bunnings, the warehouse and stupidmarkets so yours would have come from there too :)

I'll certainly be spreading seed if the trichs fruit!

I hear bonzai is very demanding, need watering every day in hot weather.

almost masochistic, unless one installs automation

• Like 1

I have a little bonzai Peach that put out its first flower the other day! but man it does take alot of watering.. mines not really a bonzai tho, just a small peach tree in a small pot lol I actually have two but funny the tinier one is a clone of the bigger one and the tiny one bloomed first...

The smaller tree might be older.

I have two bonsai cherry trees, one has pink flowers and one has white. I think the pink one does set fruit but i was told to cut it off as it can suck the life outa the bonsai.

Mutant, you are correct, it didnt bother me at the start tending to them daily but they are very needy plants.

I need to get my act together and set up an automatic system.

If you mean mine no, the smaller one I cloned a branch off the bigger one when pruning I think Fall of 2011... but interestingly the bigger one isnt even budding yet, the small one has one single bloom and leaves already and is in a much smaller pot , like a quart where as the bigger one , maybe 3 or 4 years in age, is in a 3 gallon pot and has never bloomed but grows alot and had really cool roots... But being that I cloned from the same plant, im guessing when the other one buds it may flower as the stem must have been mature enough...This tree was a volunteer I pulled out of the ground by mistake a few years ago when pulling weeds and this one came up with a peach seed so I stuck her in a pot and shazam :P

I've seen little bonzais with regular sized fruits on them b4! if anything peaches grow way too fast... I dunno if you can hurt a peach so long as they get fed and watered enuff.. but yeah when its hot I watered every single day and even had to shade the tree when heat was severe... the big one lost all here leaves last year but quickly grew them back, maybe why she's slow to take off now I dunno

Edited by Spine Collector

Wow Ceres what an awesome collection you have there :) how long you been collecting them?

I love that May Apple Ceres, awesome leaves!

Wow Ceres what an awesome collection you have there :) how long you been collecting them?

Thanks buddy, Its just coming up on four years now i think. I dont really buy new plants much anymore, no room lol.

Awesome Ceres! Well done :)

Cheers, its alot if hard work, and theres sooo much repotting to be done yet, but i can say without i doubt its totally worth it.

I love that May Apple Ceres, awesome leaves!

Arent they gorgeous! It is supposedly a relative of the mandrake. Its sometimes called American Mandrake or Wild Mandrake.

I havent looked into herbaceous plants much, but coming across that May Apple really spiked my interest. It has an edible fruit although eating large quantities of them is toxic. Also has some medicinal uses too.

• Like 1

awesome show case

love the organising....

Amazing garden you have there! :) Love your pach brain. Will have to try and find one of them for myself.

• Like 1

Bog is so beautiful! Here's my little buddy Kush chillin with some cactus.

post-12824-0-55369200-1381853567_thumb.j

post-12824-0-55369200-1381853567_thumb.jpg

post-12824-0-55369200-1381853567_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Nawwww :)

Kush is a cutie, such a cool name too ;)

cat-power!

post-8023-0-89424200-1381986958_thumb.jp

Kitties always seem to find the best spots in the garden. Bog has always been very respectful of my plants, we have had the odd accident here and there with trays of cactus seedlings, but i could tell she was very upset to have caused the mess whenever she has.

I think we need a 'pets and plants photo thread' if there isnt one already :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2

Bog the Overlord. ;)

You have a very nice garden Ceres.

Overlord is about right..!

Thank you :)

Love your work ! Great plants, nice pics, thanks for sharing. :)

• Like 1

:lol: good to know

Over the last month I have been gifted several really beautiful plants by older men.. I swear I'm not even trying to charm them or anything..

*First I received these gorgeous old fissuratus from an elderly grower who is downsizing his collection

post-8023-0-53151400-1382335465_thumb.jp

*Then my friend gave me all these lovely arios and the astrophytum myriostigma tricostratum and frailea asteroides

post-8023-0-88048000-1382335521_thumb.jp

*And then this friend introduced me to his friend who has been breeding lithops and haworthias for 20 years

..and without me asking for a single plant this man sent me home with a box full of haworthias and lithops!

4 year old lithops seedlings

post-8023-0-73638100-1382335747_thumb.jp

Haworthia hybrids

post-8023-0-55383000-1382335850_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-16113200-1382335641_thumb.jp

post-8023-0-01499300-1382335787_thumb.jp

*And then today, a diffusa! :drool2:

post-8023-0-40819500-1382336225_thumb.jp

So many beauties to care for

*feeling blessed!*

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 4

Over the last month I have been gifted several really beautiful plants by older men.. I swear I'm not even trying to charm them or anything..

As you get older all it takes is a young lady to talk to you and you will give up your prized possessions just to make her smile. :lol:

Ceres I am sure you are a beautiful person and love your cacti so I have no doubt these people honestly like you for being who you are.

As I am being nice to you now ( not like I was in the other thread :P ) would it be possible to grab some of seeds of that rebutia crest if or when it fruits.

Cheers

Got

• Like 2