The Corroboree
bogfrog

Bog's garden 2012 /13 /14 &onwards

mmm classified hey ha how funny but might just be the answer yes i would loooove a cacti babe all for my self cheers kate oh and one for bogzilla too

• Like 1

Hey getafix Speaking of buttons, remember ages ago how i said i'd send u some seed, u shud pm me your address and i'll get them out to ya.

Edited by bogfrog

Hey getafix Speaking of buttons, remember ages ago how i said i'd send u some seed, u shud pm me your address and i'll get them out to ya.

Pm'd

great collection, great photos. The photo of the cat in the first lot is absolutely boss, beautiful looking cat :)

• Like 1

Lol cheers i'm glad u like it as much as I do.

That cat is my pet-soulmate :-D

Asterix, my bullterrier is my 'soul pet'.He knows when I am happy, down, injured from dirtbike riding etc. Funny how our pets (Bogzilla) can assume such importance in our lives :) :) :)

Edited by Getafix
  • Like 3

Nice plants! Is that a Lophocereus schottii monstrose hiding back there? Favorite cactus evar!

Yip yip its an incredibly slow-grower though.

Will be a real looker in ten years.

Shame i won't be getting progressively more beautiful over the next ten years too :-(

Yip yip its an incredibly slow-grower though.

Will be a real looker in ten years.

Shame i won't be getting progressively more beautiful over the next ten years too :-(

Haha I can relate to that, I'll be well into my forties by then! You can always get more beautiful on the inside though (which rules me out :P)

Have you seen the huge monstrose L. schottii at Castle Rock nursery? If you haven't already, I recommend checking it out next time you're up that way.

Nice pics,

Always good to see a diverse mix.

You have inspired me to do some grafting,

Cheers.

• Like 2

Haha I can relate to that, I'll be well into my forties by then! You can always get more beautiful on the inside though (which rules me out :P)

Have you seen the huge monstrose L. schottii at Castle Rock nursery? If you haven't already, I recommend checking it out next time you're up that way.

Dam I had better find some very ugly old wrinkly cacti to make me feel good as I am into my fifties all ready :o . Maybe that's why I like Mammillaria bocasana fred so much. :)

Cheers

Got

Edited by GoOnThen
  • Like 3

^^^ebay find GOT?

looks cool, bidded a couple of times but always lost.

No i have not, the largest one i have seen came off that plant though and it was about 1m tall with a couple of arms. Veeery cool looking.

I'll have to head up those ways again soon, i wonder how all those plants have been coping with literally thousands of earthquakes. :unsure:

Dam I had better find some very ugly old wrinkly cacti to make me feel good as I am into my fifties all ready :o . Maybe that's why I like Mammillaria bocasana fred so much. :)

Cheers

Got

Thats where you go for the Grandaddy lophs, all those wisdom-wrinkles!

I used to have a fred too, he died from the cold though. But that must be the most beautifully-ugly plant ever.

I really like this one too, can't look past the mutants when it comes to asthetics..

post-8023-0-21580700-1348718391_thumb.jp

Also have had this wee dude flowering away for 5 days!

post-8023-0-29981700-1348718433_thumb.jp

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

IMG_2025.JPG

IMG_2023.JPG

• Like 1

Maybe that's why I like Mammillaria bocasana fred so much. :)

I love it too, where did you get yours? I have been trying for a while to get one from Hamilton's but they seem to have stopped replying to my emails just after he told me they had what I wanted.

I hate having to suck up to professional growers through email to make them want to sell you their precious plants.

Freaky fred :lol:

Bogfrog I have heard of a few people loosing there fred to a number of different things. I am going to try and graft some tiny pups onto pere if that works then I will offer them to people like yourself and others that have interest in cacti other than just Trich's and Loph's. I have a normal Mammillaria bocasana that I bought for my daughter about four years ago and it is getting huge now.

I love mutants but I am not sure about the dead looking plant. Is that a Euphorbia ?

The size and beauty of cacti flowers still amaze me especially when on such a small plant.

^^^ebay find GOT?

looks cool, bidded a couple of times but always lost.

I love it too, where did you get yours? I have been trying for a while to get one from Hamilton's but they seem to have stopped replying to my emails just after he told me they had what I wanted.

I bought mine of ebay there are a couple of sellers that regularly have them. The interesting thing is there are two different plants that are sold on ebay as well. The one that I have has a slight crest growth to it and the other is more knobbly ( if that makes any sense ).

If you guys are interested I can PM you the sellers names and Chilli I know a couple of sellers that will send to WA if you are interested

Cheers

Got

Fred didnt last long in my collection. Slugs went fucking berzerk over him. Same applies for the Echinopsis cv. Chocolate. Already have my second plant and eventhough it was kept in the greenhouse, some of them managed to make a mission impossible breakin into the greenhouse and raped that poor graft down to a minimum. Again. Brought it into the house and will overwinter it warm because its the only hope i have left to keep it out of reach from slime-offenders. The one i had before was eaten in my cellar eventhough there were no slugs anywhere in sight. Fucking Paranormal Activity Slugs.

• Like 2

I love mutants but I am not sure about the dead looking plant. Is that a Euphorbia ?

Hahaha its not dead! its meant to be that colour. Its a ceropegia stapeliiformis crest.

Heres a couple of pics i trawlled up from google images:

standard form:

crested form:

The plant i posted a picture of displaying both types of growth, which is pretty cool.

Fred didnt last long in my collection. Slugs went fucking berzerk over him....The one i had before was eaten in my cellar eventhough there were no slugs anywhere in sight. Fucking Paranormal Activity Slugs.

Sounds like you have some very frustrating experiences with slugs and snails EG!

I know you hvae probably tried everything, but i use beer traps in my garden to keep them otherwise entertained..and drunk and then dead.

You just sit little jars around on their side, filled with beer and the slimeys cant seem to resist.

Yeah had some beer traps too but i always start feeling bad for the good beer and end up drinking it myself whenever i open a bottle to refill the cups. :innocent_n:

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2

awesome collection

I like the lopho on austrocylilindropuntia graft

L.shotti

I must get one of these dudes

well the weather has been pretty shocking in my town over the last month, we have literally had about 4 sunny days in the last month,

buut my cacti don't seem too concerned and have been pumping out the flowers whenever they get a nice day.

flower power!

strombocactus disciformis

day one

post-8023-0-72026800-1351475860_thumb.jp

day two

post-8023-0-93316100-1351475886_thumb.jp

i cross pollenated these two.. (note the size differece, these plants are both ten years old)

5 ribbed loph (looking very girly)

turbinicarpus schmiedickeanus

post-8023-0-14863200-1351476036_thumb.jp

turbinicarpus polaskii

post-8023-0-20871100-1351476086_thumb.jp

turbinicarpus swobodae

post-8023-0-31685900-1351476127_thumb.jp

yesterday i built a new garden bed, which i'll plant out with things like skullcap, valerian, verbena and silene

used my own compost for the first time ever, i was very impressed with the size and quantity of worms!

post-8023-0-70898000-1351476265_thumb.jp

sally and silene are enjoying the greenhouse

IMG_2123.JPG

untitled.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

IMG_2123.JPG

untitled.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

IMG_2147.JPG

IMG_2154.JPG

IMG_2141.JPG

Edited by bogfrog
  • Like 5

Sweet Turbinicarpus's and love the Strombocactus disciformis ,thats one cactus ive never got my hands on ,yet...

love the turbinis

there's even a red-pink flower in strombo var esperanza I think.

I killed mine :( [that harissia hasnt convinced me as a stock, bought grafted, or I was doing something wrong, propably overwatering]

Edited by mutant

wow that would be pretty, i noticed some light pink pinstripes on the flower of the larger of the two strombos

havent used harissia for a graft personally but i've also had grafted plants die with the stock,

a brightly coloured gymno i had rotted a year or so back, i had a look at how the graft had been done, and someone had just shoved a wooden skewer right through both plants and then left it there for them to grow around.

may be why the whole thing rotted.

Nice Turbinicarpus :) I only have a couple at the moment but they are on the top of my to get list at the moment.

I have had three Hylocereus stock rot on me recently WTF I can stick them outside under the sprinklers and water them everyday yet they rot inside in a controlled environment.

Cheers

Got