The Corroboree
mindperformer

Incarvillateine- stronger analgesic than morphine

I did, tried to find seeds4change but it seems more like a social issue site, in NY ..can you post a url?

went to the Canadian site, but would rather not cross borders if not needed.

I actually found the 'white' variety on Amazon.com, and did order.

I wonder if 'white' or 'pink' flowered varieties have any difference in potency??

I suppose if /when I test this / bioassay, I will avoid my morning coffee beforehand!!

Edited by shonman

yeah, I found it on Amazon, ordered a thousand seeds.

So, what do you think, those who tried this, is it BS or good?

perhaps alkaloid content can be increased by stress , growing condition, or precursors.

I finally got some seeds to germinate

The successful batch was sowed and placed in the fridge on 30/6/2015

The pot was removed from the fridge about a week later

The seeds germinated about 2 weeks after this

Luckily we had a cold snap just after it was pulled from the fridge and it's still pretty chilly. Not sure how well they will fare when the weather heats up. I've got them in a cool shadehouse of course.

post-15099-0-59162100-1438331382_thumb.j

Sorry for the poor quality of the pic.

The seedlings are very thin and weak, and i accidentally knocked them down this morning when i watered them, so it's mist only from now on.

I'm thinking about making a double-brick evaporative cooler to keep temps down, so hopefully I will be able to germinate seeds without having to wait for the weather.

The seeds that were successful were the White variety from Chilterns

post-15099-0-59162100-1438331382_thumb.jpg

post-15099-0-59162100-1438331382_thumb.jpg

ok, I got some seeds. They sprouted.

Hope fully they will keep growing, and I will check out this flower.

Edited by shonman
  • Like 2

the previous batch all died. they never recovered from being knocked down. I tried again, this time a little differently

1) I had the seeds (still in the packet) in the fridge for about a month

2) I planted them and placed them in the shade under a tiger grass clump.

3) I sprayed the tiger grass periodically (avoiding the i.sinensis seeds) in an attempt to take advantage of evaporative cooling as the wind blew through

the seeds were sown on 5th of aug and sprouted on the 15'th

I water the seeds once in the morning and once at lunchtime with a light mist, and i re-wet the tiger grass 3 or 4 times a day

The weather here is reasonably warm and the sprouts so far are doing well in their shady protected spot. This is making me fairly confident that if I can get the plants established, they will do well in a cool shaded position.

post-15099-0-09217500-1439878703_thumb.j

post-15099-0-05849400-1439878709_thumb.j

post-15099-0-09217500-1439878703_thumb.jpg

post-15099-0-05849400-1439878709_thumb.jpg

post-15099-0-09217500-1439878703_thumb.jpg

post-15099-0-05849400-1439878709_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I threw out a heap of pots that didn't germ and re-used the soil now there coming up everywhere from cactus pots to hanging baskets haha a few people have said they've come up in their plants I've sent to them aswell. So germination is very staggered it seems, holding off for 6mths seems best.

I've got some in the ground and others in flower squat pots. They were only 2 inches tall at repot but the roots where growing thru a 100mm pot already, so I'm hoping for good growth now it's warm.

I have some in full sun and others well lit areas. Full sun seems best and very dry, at least thays the conditions my strongest one is in, next to a bridgesii seedling lol I give it small squirts of water few times a week

Full sun

post-9832-0-81341200-1439884737_thumb.jp

Shadey area

post-9832-0-41206500-1439884751_thumb.jp

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d
  • Like 3

Did I give u one man? I'd prob up pot it now it's warming up (here it is anyways). I have a feeling they like there resting spot early, ie plenty of root room

Edited by theuserformallyknownasd00d
  • Like 1

Yeah man, thanks for that. I've got a few things to repot this weekend, this will be one.

Interesting. I'm glad to see they can take full sun, but you guys are both in south NSW. The temps there are cooler than the gold coast where I am, but still you must have some pretty hot days. Do they seem to suffer at all when it's hot. There's "full sun" and there's "full sun". It doesn't get stupidly warm here often, but I'm still going to coddle my 1 pot of seedlings until they are strong enough to repot and separate. I won't put them in the hothouse yet (or at all) because of the humidity in there.

and also, LOL TUFKAd00d, i'm pretty sure i've picked out "weeds" that looked like that. I've probably thrown out a buttload of incarvillea without even knowing. dammit.

The temps of "full sun" here, whilst these guys have been around, varies from 15C up to 25C. It will be interesting to see which ones go better once the heat picks up! If we get a hot day here it's usually a freak once off and most plants suffer, they get to used to the awesome zone were in easily lol

Good to know. Those temps are close to what we've been getting too, but spring is close. I think i'll still coddle my little babies for a little while yet

OK, mine sprouted, no way were there 1000 seeds there.

Wimpy little things.

hard to believe they survived in the world this long.

I suppose they can get carried far and wide due to how small the seeds are.

Still, they seem slow growing and tiny over all, so far.

I have them in often 100F heat, under some compact florecents.

No refrigerators or anything.

They were germinated on a soil less medium 'baby blanket' made of felted grass fibers used for growing microgreens

After they sprouted, I placed the fiber layer with the seeds,

on top or perlite that has water running though it as a part of a small aquaponic system with koi in it.

They seem too all be surviving, the ones that sprouted anyway....

It looks like this will take forever to grow ast this rate, maybe it goes faster once it gets bigger.

A good candidate for micropropagation or cloning perhaps.

Edited by shonman
  • Like 1

I've been playing around with the extract of late and it is active.

I felt warm, slightly itchy and very comfortable after 2 grams of extract. I also felt quite sedated initially, which leveled off after an hour or so.

Seemed to have more anti-inflammatory properties than anything, but I can see how it also seems to caress mu and kappa receptors.

What method did you use to make the extract Stonewolf?

Mine came directly from china. There are quite a few companies who already do make it or are willing to so mine isnt nessasarily the same. It wouldn't suprise me if it was though.

• Like 1

You guys found any source inside Australia with the sinensis variety?

I am going to move mine out of its damp humid aquaponic area now they have sprouted, into damp but drier sandy soil.

maybe they will grow faster.

Might leave a few in the aquaponic system just to see how they do though.

There is just not enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

It would be nice to have maybe 5 very intelligent dependable employees to get everything done

or clone myself, at least I would more or less know what I am doing with plants most of the time!

how long did it take you who grew to get through from sprout to larger plant too?

Having another go at sprouting the last of my sinensis seeds. Half inside, half outside. There's still time for frost, which they apparently need

Edited by BeerAlternative