The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
DarkSpark

Brugmansia ID help Please

Question

Ok i inherited a few new brugs today and some pollen for my hybrid endeavours :D Have a pretty fair idea but would like confirmation on them please if possible. They should all be relatively standard clones and the lady said she brought them up from melbourne some 10 years ago.

This one is labelled as 'Apricot Datura'

The flowers and leaves kind of match up with B. Versicolor 'Apricot' as shown here (slightly longer flowers than most seems the biggest giveaway) But in reality i have no idea. Leaves feel 'furryier' than my aureas or suavolens, more like a candida. any ideas?

530216_3075858409410_391319047_n.jpg

Brugmansia Candida 'Double White'

533335_3075859889447_1482803267_n.jpg

Brugmansia Aurea 'Yellow' (i am 99% sure it is identical to every pic i see of it anyways) although the flowers seem a lot more curled than my Aurea White, are the whites typically known to have straightdown type flowers?

301732_3075858009400_123390136_n.jpg

• Like 3

3 answers to this question

Beautiful plants mate, sorry that I cant help with the ID.

Oddly, a wild local brug near me often goes between apricot/yellow flowers...maybe development colour changes? But they are always all the same colour at one time, but you can go back a week later and they will be a new colour!

tha colour change with age think all right but mayb tha yellow is sumthink different like mayb ochre??