The Corroboree

"Big Five"

Salvia divinorum

Erythroxylum coca

Papaver somniferum

Mitragyna speciosa

Cannabis sativa

I've done a bit of looking around at Catha edulis, there's some pretty interesting stuff about so it gets it's own section. I also grabbed some stuff off Wikipedia and added a few bits for a background and history thread, as I couldn't find it covered and I really enjoyed reading up about it. Planthelper, is that you in the pic? :wink:

another thing crossed my mind, once we make this topic a sticky, it would be a good idea, to clean the thread up.

what i mean is to get rid of all, bla, bla surrounding the do's and dont's, of this thread, because once it got sticky status and is used as a quick sniffle around info thread, all sidetracking would look bad.

let me know what you think, only having relevant replies would be my goal, zac what's your drift?

edit: i just saw ww catha thread, which is ok, but i would like you to add, all what you think is good to this, thread.

just add to this thread (like the list in reply #3, in your own new qat thread), and if you start a new thread on your own, just add it to your, what's it called, spoiler list.

Edited by planthelper

Not sure. Replies to the thread don't really detract from the first post, and if it's a sticky then it's the first post that most people will look at. One of the problems with cleaning up a thread is that then people don't know what's already been discussed, and might suggest things that have already been discounted.

Ultimately it's whitewind's decision.

let's make sure than, that all spoiler lists are displayed in the first post of ww.

zac, your worries are unfounded in my experience, once a thread has been archived as sticky, no body involves themselfes into nit picking.

but a person who clicks this topic, might get confused by all the bla, bla, and conclude, it's a tread with some good info, mixed with a lot of non info.

we cleaned up the other sticky for the same reason.

• Like 1

Mmm cleaning up is fine, if that's what you think. I think this is a bit like the discussion thread for the named clones database, which you split in to two topics. Except, the intention is to add all new links to the original post not have them scattered throughout the thread really, whereas the named clones database will have one new post per variety.

edit: i just saw ww catha thread, which is ok, but i would like you to add, all what you think is good to this, thread.

just add to this thread (like the list in reply #3, in your own new qat thread), and if you start a new thread on your own, just add it to your, what's it called, spoiler list.

You mean a direct link back to this thread, which will be updated with new links? Good idea, I just did that. It means people can get quick access to all the latest and best info on Catha edulis, instead of having to continually update the old thread.

Edited by whitewind

Hi Stillman,

Yep they're up. I put the two cactus ones in the cactus section (obviously!) but the origin stories I wasn't sure, so it ended up in Preparations and Traditional Use because it seemed the most appropriate, somehow. Great links too, I'm about to look at that Origin Stories thread as I haven't seen it before. Hoping to get some brain-fodder for Sunday evening!

^^ Lol not what I expected from Origin Stories!

Just got one major update to go, with the most prevalent plant spirit to hunt down. I have been busy over the last few weeks so my little project has taken a back seat til things settle.

KAVA

Acorus calamus

Panax Ginseng

Salvia miltiorhhiza

Salvia dang shen

Argemone mexicana

Erythrina mulungu

Pedicularis

Corydalis yanhusuo

Nigella sativa

Nelumbo nucifera

Nymphaea caeurulea / ampla

Psychotria colorata

Rhodiola rosea

Salvia nemorosa

Stictocardia tillaefolia,

Ugni molinae

Lactuca virosa, serrata

Calea

Silene

Mimosa hostilis / Jurema

Hoodia

Mucuna pruriens

Yohimbe

• Like 1

Just done a bit of an update, 25 or so new topics. I will colour the newest additions differently so people can see whats new.

Thanks Stillman that's a great link I put it in the "Resources" section.

Fixed all that horrific formatting, why's it do that?

Fixed all that horrific formatting, why's it do that?

ww, do you mean, what was written, lost all it paragraphs, and was squeezed into one single mess?

this happens if some features don't work well on ones computer, I think eg mentioned it by name not long ago.

it happened to me when using the edit button.

Yes it lost all its formatting so there was html all over the place and it wouldn't read it properly. Luckily I am saving versions every so often so I just had to fix the updates not the whole lot! I would have given up. I accidentally left the edit open overnight and it did it after that when I saved it in the morning.

wow i wish i found this thread earlier.

Great work Whitewind!!!

• Like 1

Incarvillateine- stronger analgesic than morphine

wow what an awesome thread - bumpity for fure use