The Corroboree

I'm not sure how much work you are willing to put into this thread, but if you edit the links to look like this: [ url=http://www.address.of.thread] Name of Thread [ /url]

you can have the name as a link rather than having a title above the url. Then you could reserve your bold text for headings under which you could place multiple relevant links, if that makes sense. Going even further, you could take any additions that people make to this thread and edit them into you initial post under the relevant headings. As the number of links increased, it would also be good to hide the links under each heading using spoiler tags, so that you could easily scan the topics to find, for example, a specific plant name, and then click the spoiler to see all the thread links under that heading. I'm thinking out loud a bit here, but I think they'd be cool ways to improve the functionality of this thread if you are willing to put in the work.

It's possible that I would consider pinning a thread like this if it became a successful catalogue of the most helpful threads.

• Like 1

Heaps of those links have got the compressed header (http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=29994) as the actual link... with the ellipsis included, so they don't go anywhere.

Damn all the corroboree links on that S. splendens page are 404s

I was enjoying the nostalgia.

Edited by chilli

I'm not sure how much work you are willing to put into this thread, but if you edit the links to look like this: [ url=http://www.address.of.thread] Name of Thread [ /url]

you can have the name as a link rather than having a title above the url. Then you could reserve your bold text for headings under which you could place multiple relevant links, if that makes sense. Going even further, you could take any additions that people make to this thread and edit them into you initial post under the relevant headings. As the number of links increased, it would also be good to hide the links under each heading using spoiler tags, so that you could easily scan the topics to find, for example, a specific plant name, and then click the spoiler to see all the thread links under that heading. I'm thinking out loud a bit here, but I think they'd be cool ways to improve the functionality of this thread if you are willing to put in the work.

It's possible that I would consider pinning a thread like this if it became a successful catalogue of the most helpful threads.

Thanks for the input, Ballzac. I'm pretty interested in keeping this updated, esp. if other people find it useful. I don't know how to do spoilers but I might start with linking from the main heading text as I know how to do that and it would be tidier, I hope it fixes the problem Chilli outlined - why the hell would that happen? It's very annoying.

Heaps of those links have got the compressed header (http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=29994) as the actual link... with the ellipsis included, so they don't go anywhere.

Damn all the corroboree links on that S. splendens page are 404s

Cheers whitewind, was thinking the same thing just earlier reading all Mindperformers threads.

Will dig up some of my faves

I think all the links are fixed now, I'll pretty it up tomorrow!

Thanks for the input, Ballzac. I'm pretty interested in keeping this updated, esp. if other people find it useful. I don't know how to do spoilers but I might start with linking from the main heading text as I know how to do that and it would be tidier, I hope it fixes the problem Chilli outlined - why the hell would that happen? It's very annoying.

You can do spoilers simply by wrapping the text you want hidden in [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] tags. There might even be a better option with the current BBCode, but that's the only way I could think of. Anyway, it wouldn't help much yet, but if this thread becomes popular, it might be a good way to keep it from becoming unreadable as the number of links grows.

Also, to anyone who might post content to add, it might be a good idea to format the link in the same way, so that whitewind can just copy it into his post if he wants, without further work.

Good idea,

Don't know if it just me but no mater what link I press on your list whitewind it just takes me to Active salvia database?

Me too.

Excellent idea for a thread though!

I'm almost certain this will be an extremely useful resource once the kinks have been smoothed over.

• Like 1

Fixed (again, this time properly). Will have to figure out why it keeps mussing with my links.

• Like 1

Fixed (again, this time properly). Will have to figure out why it keeps mussing with my links.

I have a lot of issues with the automatic BBCode, especially since the last upgrade, so I usually turn editing mode on and just type any BBCode in full.

You can do spoilers simply by wrapping the text you want hidden in [ spoiler] [ /spoiler] tags. There might even be a better option with the current BBCode, but that's the only way I could think of. Anyway, it wouldn't help much yet, but if this thread becomes popular, it might be a good way to keep it from becoming unreadable as the number of links grows.

Also, to anyone who might post content to add, it might be a good idea to format the link in the same way, so that whitewind can just copy it into his post if he wants, without further work.

I had to use an external editor to prevent the links from frying, and I added the spoiler thing but it's so ugly I will have to add pictures to break it up. I'm having fun, but I don't know how much practical use it will be. It needs a bit of time methinks. And input from others too :lol: .

mmmm, there must be a better way with all this funky bbcode. Or maybe it would be possible to do something with html, as there are html tags in the BBCode.

Great idea, i was just about to save all of mindperformers recents posts as html. Will this thread archive the images aswell? Or did mindperformer upload them to a hosting site which will probably remove the images after time?

What about this one http://www.shaman-au...ri&fromsearch=1 and other indigenous and ceremonial tobacco uses.

Thanks Stillman, first suggestion and welcomed. I was wondering whether to have a specific section on smoking, but don't really have enough links yet so anything like this will drop into uncategorised, which is a pretty cool section anyway. I haven't worked much on the indigenous usage links yet so input there would be welcome, it would be of great interest to me too. At the moment I'm hunting for Active Salvia threads and I'm getting bogged down with all the reading! There's some really detailed info around if you take the time to look. I'm really enjoying it, whether anyone else finds a use for it or not! I realised that there were many more things around that I hadn't hunted down for a look yet, it makes me value the forums all the more.

Great idea, i was just about to save all of mindperformers recents posts as html. Will this thread archive the images aswell? Or did mindperformer upload them to a hosting site which will probably remove the images after time?

Which brings me to this. How do we prevent really great content from being deleted, as Mindperformer threatened the other day? Planthelper just copied ("Quoted)" the text underneath so it wouldn't be immediately lost, which is a great quick response, and Torsten has regular backups if things go desperately awry, but as for gallery images there isn't a lot you can do apart from saving the pictures on to you hard drive. Time consuming I know, as I did it for the Psychoactive Orchids thread. However, and I asked Mindperformer about this and he hasn't responded, they might belong to him and I don't know whether posting images on to the forums automatically means they aren't copyrighted (unless they are stolen from elsewhere, or have copyright tags on them). We may have to ask Torsten about this. I think it's a grey area and might need us to be respectful at least about other people's images. I hate it when externally saved images (like from Photobucket) go missing and it tends to ruin a great thread, so my suggestion would be only to post your own pics or pics which are free in the Sharealike 3.0 Licence) and then upload them to the public gallery. I would say it's important to save the most interesting content where possible on an external drive so that if for some reason the forums go down the information isn't lost forever. How to do this quickly and easily, I'm not sure. Copying the entire thread as HTML?

• Like 1

Should be able to just "Save Page As" if i'm not mistaken. I hope Mindperformer doesn't mind. He posts some really original content often, with great pictures, which leads me to a question i've read just recent. Are you writing a book or compiling some sort of database Mindperformer?

EDIT: The method I described above doesn't seem to work well :(

Edited by Camo

It's looking fantastic with the pictures in it :)

I've been trying to think of things to add. Started thinking about some harm minimisation and health topics:

Magic Mushroom Induced Inflammation

Fungi Induced Paralysis

Mushroom Trip Ends in Collapse

Nitrous and B12 Deficiency

Supposed Deadly New Drug Hits Adelaide (MDPV)

• Like 1

Hey thanks Ballzac, that's a topic I hadn't considered really. I wouldn't mind if someone helped out a bit with cacti and mycology links, but they might be big enough to warrant their own thread really. EG started something off with that Clones Database Thread which would be an awesome info source - perhaps they could add some links back to important topics about that particular plant? Maybe I will chuck that in as an idea. I have been doing a bit of research on the forums every day, and it's quite exciting but overwhelming digging through the thousands of older threads, even something as little known as Lagochilus has loads of topics. Still, I'm learning heaps on the way. One thing I noticed last night was a link to the old gallery - my browser started opening the page and downloading a picture and then suddenly it slammed the door in my face and I couldn't get in, it pretended the old gallery didn't even exist! Weird.

as zac said, this topic will get pinned status, once it has matured, top notch work, well done!

• Like 1

I'd like to have a bit more on preparations and traditional use - anyone got any ideas?

and Catha edulis! :P:wub:

LOL Only because they'd all be yours!

I'll have a look now, some of those Catha threads are great. I think I should focus my attention on the other 4 of the "Big Five" aswell, see what interesting tid-bits are knocking around. I have to say, this is a crazy big project why on earth did I take it on? I'm like a dog with a bone, can't give it up once I've taken it on..

ww, i think Catha edulis, Ephedra spp, Erythroxylum spp, in one group.

not sure what your other top 2 are.

• Like 1