The Corroboree

Getting busted with mushrooms ( hypothetical)

Hi Just to know more about it and hope you guys can help I have a friend who wants to know what would be the legal implications of getting busted with some mushrooms (lets say a mono tub)

not selling just growing ?

In NSW ?

I heard the implication can be quite harsh...

Cheers guys

Put it this way, your friend would be better off if he got caught selling than growing. I think it's most likely that your friend would be charged with the manufacture of a prohibited drug.

As far as I know it's classified as manufacturing a class A drug

Wich is basically the same as being caught cooking meth or something

Wether they would take it that far with penalties is questionable

but you could potentially be in a whole lot of shit if you were to be caught

it odd how something dear to my heart and great for the community could be treated like something as destructive as meth etc. i sure do live in retard-land! this is why nature grows and provides me with those treats with the right time of year / climate. also a bonus is, when i walk, pick and eat them, i am not only getting rid of any evidence LOL but also happen to be at the right place for the next few hours.. the bush =)

when did a few mushrooms become such dramma anyhow? we always used to pick them as kids and no cop ever gave a shit about it. looks like logic has forever lost this world. a real shame. if it were not for mushrooms, i likley would have never gotten to a point where i care so much for my community. what next for australia? start burning books too? LOL australia....

• Like 3

Dont laugh, the australian proposed firewall is the modern day version of book burning...

Spot on. Not trying to take this off topic -- but Psilocybin is less toxic than Aspirin, ffs.. And there are several studies showing it has an extremely good safety profile. It seems to consistently rate at the bottom of the scale as

far as harm goes.

Fucking over this country. I suppose it's banned in many countries, but Australia especially seems to be harsh with drug laws.

Could be worse though -- like Indonesia. But that's cold comfort, really.

"Do the crime and do the time" is also a bullshit attitude. I'm not advocating breaking the law, but how the hell are we supposed to respect such stupid laws?

• Like 1

i think amz was being a bit tongue in cheek, remorseless criminal that she probably is. plus she told me so.

yeah it could be worse. straight up death sentence *stunned stupid emoticon*

• Like 1

Anyone want to come live on a small island with me? Nudists welcome

nudist welcome? count me in!

Dont laugh, the australian proposed firewall is the modern day version of book burning...

Not just the modern version of it. We still ban books in this country. Have a read of TiHKAL for an interesting anecdote about this.

Fuckin joke. We only live in "democracy" insofar as we are free to choose every few years between a couple of idiotic stooges who both stand for nothing but election.

• Like 5

this is laughable to... in todays day and age relating to info on the net being accesable to everyone, why firewall it? this info has been available in books in any library in this land for well over 60 years.. ban public libraries too? amost the info out there telling how to make this and that, there is info on dangers of things too and how to protect myself. it has saved me a few times already. no, i dont make illegal things either. there will always be fools around that will do such things, with, or without net availability. the real loss here will be good people with legit needs to info.

just ANOTHER backwards step by Australia!

like noise laws on motorbike pipes, my stock pipe too quiet, almost cleaned up at least 3 times a week. now, louder pipe (moddified for respect to neighbours and other road users - made quieter) no issues yet for over 4 years). there are thousands of examples of illogical laws that do little but increase the dangers they were meant to reduce.

how to fix this delema? get the idiots who make these laws out of the books, and into the real world, just for a day at least.

P.S. the whole idea of "mushrooms" and "busted" in the same sentence is just absurd to me. How the hell can those retards claim the right to ban another organism?

Thankfully Psilocybes are among the most common of pioneer species in most parts of Aus. No need to grow them. Totalitarian efforts to control them are as futile as trying to ban grass or oxygen.

• Like 1

when australia can get concrete cheap enough none of this will be a problem. picture it... a land of concrete, where nothing can grow. no bush, no animals, no food, no air etc. yeah, that'll stop the odd person here and there from eating a mushroom that will benifit them, those around them, and the community as a whole!

bless them!

"Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit...unnatural?" - Bill Hicks

• Like 3

when australia can get concrete cheap enough none of this will be a problem. picture it... a land of concrete, where nothing can grow. no bush, no animals, no food, no air etc. yeah, that'll stop the odd person here and there from eating a mushroom that will benifit them, those around them, and the community as a whole!

bless them!

nah, there'll still be national parks to roam livestock :rolleyes:

edit: and people who like to shoot things.

Edited by qualia
  • Like 1

"Do the crime and do the time" is also a bullshit attitude. I'm not advocating breaking the law, but how the hell are we supposed to respect such stupid laws?

Yes, it is a stupid law, but it IS the law .....and i am a law abiding citizen...heck, i wont even J walk (insert winking gnome smiley icon here)

Risking getting busted for growing magic mushrooms is not on my list of things to do, you know, since i have young kids to care for. I can just hear them now, telling the teacher at school that their mum is doing time for growing shrooms . So yeah, i am not prepared to do the time and worry about the welfare of my children, so i wont do the crime :)

:)

Risking getting busted for growing magic mushrooms is not on my list of things to do, you know, since i have young kids to care for.

Respect... kids definitely come first ! It is definitely not worth the risk, ill stick to microscopy and growing legal edibles personally.

Just shove a couple of mushroom bags filled with psychedelic shrooms down your pants.

what about if you used it for manna as a religious treat so to speak :crux:

i love growing edibles its a great hobby and i love the reward once you have had fresh the ones from the supermarket are un edible and taste like cardboard

• Like 1

In no way condoning anything illegal, but I cant see how the hell anyone would know. I've never had a random visit from even the local council about some DIY plumbing I might have done. I'd never do any dodgy plumbing BTW :wink: . Unless your friend is "known", I would have thought the chances of detection would be negligible.

• Like 1

Thanks guys the picture in regards to the legal implications is quite clear now. It is just pretty strange how the guys at top writing the laws really want to restrict them...

Unless someone told the authorities exactly what was going on, how the hell would anyone realise what a monotub is?

• Like 1

In no way condoning anything illegal, but I cant see how the hell anyone would know. I've never had a random visit from even the local council about some DIY plumbing I might have done. I'd never do any dodgy plumbing BTW :wink: . Unless your friend is "known", I would have thought the chances of detection would be negligible.

It doesn't take much for the word to get around. Some people like to brag, and that's usually how they go down. All it can take is giving a friend some 'shrooms, who then gives a few to another friend, and says he got them from such and such...then the friend tells another friend and so on and so on. It can be like Chinese whispers, and before you know it, people think you have a grow room full 'shrooms.

My other motto is... "loose lips sink ships"

:)

• Like 3