Sign in to follow this  
mindperformer

Hemp-products in Austria and Himalaya-Ganja

Apart from ganja and hash there are many products from hemp here in Austria:

hempseed-oil:

359my2t.jpg

hemp-products:

33pg2dy.jpg

from left to right: selfmade spoon from hempwood, hempwood, hempseed-oil, hemp-milk with currant, hempfibre-brush, hempfibre, hemp-milk and black hemp-pants

the hemp-milk is an austrian invention and is made from grinded and pressed fresh seeds (nuts):

http://www.hanfmilch...oduktgeschichte

the black hemp pants on the right are very smooth and tenuous but also tough. they were made with a new technology for processing hemp fibre

And two nice fotos from a journey on the manali-leh-highway from Leh outgoing in the himalaya, the origin of hemp (together with the hindukush and yunnan):

Just before manali there grow both most sacred plants of india side by side...

Ganja and Datura:

29bc4gi.jpg

and a big boy:

2uz2o00.jpg

Edited by mindperformer

I remember in Switzerland they sold hanf ice tea in vending machines, the orange one with the green leaf and ice cube. Tasty stuff! Europe is definitely more progressive in these matters, shame about the shitty climate :)

This ice-tea one can buy at vending machines in Austria too :-)

I agree with you about the shitty climate ;-)

the climat is not shitty there, it's unsuitable for tropicals and semi tropicals, thats all.

you know how fast hemp grows in austria, whith soooo many daylight hours!!

my winter, at my location, is like an austrian summer in the mountains.

one can even grow legaly high thc strains in austria, but one is not allowed to let them flower, yeah right.

Edited by planthelper

to the climate: that depends on the perspective, I don't like the winter...

I know, there is also much wild C. ruderalis growing here, shooting out of the earth...

you perfectly described the law here :-)

Edited by mindperformer

more impressions from Manali:

wild hemp, a cow and a hemp farmer (look at the cap):

1fekk5.jpg

farmer's houses:

2rh45n8.jpg

wild hemp:

i5nds4.jpg

Microscopic impressions:

Manali cream:

20qju6x.jpg

"Malana"- trichomes on calyx:

...Malana is a remote himalayan village in a valley parallel to the Kullu valley (Manali) and, as hemp has its origin in the himalaya, most of the inhabitants are hemp farmers and produce a very high quality.

Ganja use is virtually tolerated there, because it has such a long tradition.

10qj7gi.jpg

211q99u.jpg

The pictures were made there, so I never brought it to europe, nothing illegal...

Edited by mindperformer
  • Like 1

you know how fast hemp grows in austria, whith soooo many daylight hours!!

lol, but what use is a 3 metre high plant that doesn’t start flowering till a month before winter. It’s bad enough here in victoria.

it depends on the strain, some are suitable for outdoor in AT

Indicas are boring! Awesome photo’s btw.

I don't agree,

in the Himalaya, the origin of hemp, where indica and sativa characterictics fuse and don't differentiate as much, you find wonderful diverse #indicas,

the typical pure indica has differentiated in the neighbouring Hindu Kush; 'Afghani' is a wonderful tasty couch-look strain from there,

the typical sativa and ruderalis- strains differentiated in Central Asia (like Kasachstan) and spreaded from there (also with human help from the Scythians) to Europe (and in the last millenia to the rest of the world).

The strains from Yunnan and the golden triangle (also neighbouring to the Himalaya) also have indica- and sativa- characteristics like the 'Golden Triangle Akha', 'China Yunnan' and 'Yunnani Purple'. The burmese Akha not only grow poppies but also Cannabis. The old chinese have grown hemp, way before the rice cultivation began, for food purposes. The seed from the 'Golden Triangle Akha' is one of the largest of all strains and mostly indica, of course they also used the calyxes...

Nepali (mostly indica but with sativa characteristics) was very inspiring and euphoric...

Edited by mindperformer