The Corroboree
donkedhamzat

Does anyone have any spore prints to buy?

I have gotten my microscope the N120B LED-LUX.

I am keen to compare and research some spore prints.

I was going to import, but after a lot of research I have realised it really isn't worth the risk. so if anyone could help me out it would be amazing.

Thanks heaps everyone.

can you be more specific i have some Agaricus bisporus i can give you. try earth's tongue they have a great range of edible and medicinal variety's and just make sure you check your local law's before ordering.

^^^ that looks like an overseas vendor/source. Just so you know it's illegal to import spores, and it carries a massive fine if you're caught.

• Like 1

^^^ that looks like an overseas vendor/source. Just so you know it's illegal to import spores, and it carries a massive fine if you're caught.

Really? Where do you get this information from?

• Like 1

there is always a argument about importing cube spores, i understood that if you are using it for mycroscopy it is legal its only when you germinate them is when they become illegal. i asked the moderator to pin a topic on the current laws but if anyone has any rock solid info please post it

First - there is a difference between IMPORTING (and declaring) and having something undeclared mailed to you....

Second - The importing or undeclared mailing of any psilo. species spores is illegal. IT IS A PROHIBITED IMPORT.

For any other species you will need to establish if it is an allowed import (just Google it...). Then to IMPORT you will need to jump through the hoops...intent to import, quarantine inspection etc..etc..etc. (This = costs). If you have an allowable import sent to you undeclared and customs inspects and finds it , then the outcome is basically it will be destroyed....unless offered the steps above = costs.

If you have done this a few times, then they may want to kick your arse.....

Growing tired of seeing stupid shit recently....

WB

Disclaimer.... I do not condone illegal activities, and despite what others may say I am a law abiding sheep -

but if you want to do it ....so be it....don't whinge about it if you get busted..

• Like 5

I've personally had a cubensis spore syringe confiscated by customs, and got a letter from the Federal Police. It said it fell under a 'narcotic related item', and if I wanted the package I needed to collect it personally. I didn't, and that was the last I heard of it....

Other than that, the chance of a spore print in a well packaged envelope being seized is pretty low. Inside a birthday card, then the card folded in a couple of peices of paper or newspaper has never let me down - either to, or from, any destination.

• Like 1

I've personally had a cubensis spore syringe confiscated by customs, and got a letter from the Federal Police. It said it fell under a 'narcotic related item', and if I wanted the package I needed to collect it personally. I didn't, and that was the last I heard of it....

How thoughtful of them to notify you and then give you the opportunity (entrapment) to collect the spore syringe.

Australian Federal Police are just swell.

• Like 2

Thing if there is no evidence that you were willingly the recipient of the contraband... unless there is supporting evidence,. Like you buying a spore syringe on your credit card from the sender - thats why they try to get you to pick it up.

There is reasonable doubt to believe that you intentionally tried to bring the contraband into the country withour this supporting evidence.

Now i am NOT saying its safe to import illeagal stuff, i dont do it (and i really do mean that) - im just trying to give sime education here about imports of contraband :)

Edited by BentoSpawn

No, the police were just being thoughtful.

Remember:

1188-181x800-cops_are_tops.jpg

PS: pretty sure this has already been covered eleventy billion times in other threads, particularly by torsten.

Edited by SYNeR
  • Like 1

man i want that badge for when i go sign on for bail every couple days

• Like 1

I think importing spores of a edible kind can land you in trouble as well, im not sure if its true but i think it might be in breach of quarantine. Could anyone shed some light on this i know you can get a import certificate but what would be involved in getting it .

Aqis don't have spores specifically listed so are prohibited by default if they happen to find them, however with a little effort you can get live tissue from dried mushies & even from some capsules. And obviously from fresh imported mushrooms, not worth your effort to import but if you scour the markets you will find quite a few imported variety's to play with.

Check out the data base, just ignore anything that is for In-vitro as i has to go to a registered lab.

http://www.aqis.gov.au/icon32/asp/ex_QueryResults.asp?Commodity=mushroom&Area=All+Countries&EndUse=All+End+Uses&QueryType=Search

• Like 1

I wouldn't rely on "reasonable doubt" to keep you out of shit, or getting your door kicked in...

I wouldn't rely on "reasonable doubt" to keep you out of shit, or getting your door kicked in...

Amen to that !

• Like 1

road trip to vic haha their everywhere as long as u know where to look. i wouldn't want to risk moving this kind of stuff personaly but u have many good hiding spots in a car

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's illegal to even take psilocybe mushrooms for spore prints?..

..which presents a chicken/egg type problem as the prints are legal themselves.. Yet can't be imported..

I suppose the only legal way to obtain spore prints is to pluck them out of thin air.

• Like 1

Hmm thats a tricky one. Perhaps one day you accidently misplaced your spore print in a pile of wood chip, then voila! Next time it rained you found some interesting mushrooms in in your backyard, and what better to do than make some spore prints them to identify them.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it's illegal to even take psilocybe mushrooms for spore prints?..

..which presents a chicken/egg type problem as the prints are legal themselves.. Yet can't be imported..

I suppose the only legal way to obtain spore prints is to pluck them out of thin air.

In america, the way they get around it is the specimens are grown and prints taken in a country where it is legal to do so...

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works, I only usually chime in with regards to my experience which sometimes upsets Admin.

I have purchased cube prints in the last year from MRCA Shop (Austria) marked as such, OPENED/INSPECTED BY CUSTOMS in Sydney (marked as such) and forwarded to me in Perth, no issues.

VERY GREY AREA!? Caveat emptor

• Like 1

Customs are very very sloppy.

I've ordered prescription meds online from overseas many many times.

A couple of times, it had the same 'Open and inspected by Customs' sticker plastered on the package

yet the contents were still intact which is a bit strange -- as importation of prescription meds requires a script in the package,

or else they're supposed to confiscate and ask you to send a script to verify..

I know someone who order blue lotus flowers online. They were opened by customs (yellow sticker ect) and yet were sent on. They are a prohibited import ...