The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
2Deep2Handle

Photoblastism of Peyote: Germination of Lophophora williamsii submitted to different photo-spectrums

Heres the paper I just finished on germinating Peyote under different light spectrums.

Bit of a boring read, but ended up concurring with the thoughts that peyote exhibits positive photoblastism. ie germinates under light

PhotoblastismofPeyote.docx

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by 2Deep2Handle
  • Like 2

Yeah thanks 2deep! Maybe you would have gotten more feedback if you wouldnt have mentioned the part with the boring read. :) Next time, just write that the text contains information about how men can have ongoing multiple orgasms 24/7...that should lure in some of the more careless ones... :devil:

Actually, I found that extremely interesting and informative, and not the slightest bit boring.

Technical feedback - one thing i noticed is that in 4.2 you mentioned that no other water was given during the experiment, but then during 4.3 "sowing" you mention that

"Each pot was then misted" ... isn't that a contradiction of your above statement?

Fantastic stuff all round.

The seed used in this experiment was originally purchased from Koehres-Kakteen in Germany, and is probably at least one season old.

The overall lack of germinations could be from numerous reasons including but not limited to: Age of seed, Importation treatments, hygiene of seed, formation of seed, maturation of fruit on plant, seed genetics and last but certainly not least, influences of cultural practices whilst germinating such as the soil or substrate.

Sounds to me that you need some fresh seeds to experiment with mate.

They might give a whole new meaning to your research. :wink:

http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=25223

Actually, I found that extremely interesting and informative, and not the slightest bit boring.

Technical feedback - one thing i noticed is that in 4.2 you mentioned that no other water was given during the experiment, but then during 4.3 "sowing" you mention that

"Each pot was then misted" ... isn't that a contradiction of your above statement?

Thanks heaps mate thats exactly the kind of feedback I need. Changed it. Lucky as it's due on Thursday

Sounds to me that you need some fresh seeds to experiment with mate.

They might give a whole new meaning to your research. :wink:

http://www.shaman-au...showtopic=25223

Yeah thanks Zelly. I will def take you up on your offer. Just waiting until i can get 300 spare coins so i can grab 1k of the Tex and 1k of possibly Jourd/Koeres/Dicep.

Yeah germination's weren't that plentiful, but it may easily be something I did.

Sowing your's will give me a good guide as to viability amongst the Genus.