The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Gollum

The community

I just wanted to post a quick message the all the SAB members.

After a period of being away from the SAB forum due to travel and a few issues in my life I have returned with a rekindled passion for ethnobotany and gardening in general.

I forgot how much i love this community and conversing with genuine likeminded people. I really enjoy siting down with a cuppa and browsing all the different threads, having a good chuckle at some of the comments and learning about a whole range of interesting techniques, discoveries and ideas.

Im at stage in my life where i really appreciate the little things, such as the time i get to spend in my garden, catching up with friends and spending quality time with my family. I have recently become involved with our local community garden and it is something I thoroughly enjoy and look forward to every week.

I just want to say thank you i guess, to all the members here, for making this such a great community. And a big thank you to Torsten for putting in the hard work required to keep this place up and running. I'm sure for a lot of us it is a big part of our lives and it is hard to imagine there being no SAB. Its one of a kind really.

So thank you all for making this place what it is.

:)

• Like 11

Really nice message, and welcome back!

I've been a lurker on these forums for a few years and have only recently decided to make an effort to be a more active member who contributes something to an excellent community from which I've learned a lot.

I like the way the appreciation of plants and nature either creates or attracts people with a spirit of generosity. Growing plants and cacti has shown me that nature is really generous. Cacti can multiply so easily, and sometimes growing a single plant can reward you with tonnes of seeds or useful material. Just think of how many poppy seeds are contained in a single pod, or how growing vegetables is fun and you basically end up with more than you could ever use yourself - so why not give it away?

• Like 1