The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
buster

eating mycelium

was just wondering are the same active properties in p.cubensis fruit in the mycelium also and what would be the outcome of eating the mycelium?

what would be the outcome of eating the mycelium?

...a dirty chin?

• Like 1

Mycelium is active but not overly so.

Better off growing a woodlover and setting it free - especially given your location :).

cool cheers for that . haha like ya comment lok stok, i was only wondering because i saw a picture where the mycelium had stained blue and wondered if it was psilocybin

Warning: The consumption of vermiculite may lead to a bad case of "glitter shitz".

• Like 6

ye thats what i was wondering, would it be possible to get bent from eating mycelium like what therefores foaf has

what if it spawn with the digestive tract and go do a jungle bogg was always wondering if the spores pass through the cow or are they inoculated once the hit the elements

eating myc seems like a waste to me personally, but hey its yours to do what you want with - tell us what happens :P

Glitter shitz are the last thing to worry about if using vermiculite. I reckon you will get 2 mouthfulls in and give up.... awfull stuff. But if you make a tea out of a crumbled cake you will experience something. Definitely not as much bang for your buck as fruit but works a treat apparently.

Mined vermiculite has been known to be contaminated with a type of asbestos, so don't consume it.

Maybe someone in a country where it's legal to do so, could grow mycelium onto human friendly substrate such as bird seed, wheat or popcorn, then after colonisation, break up the spawn, and do a few 'washes' with vodka, which may pull some of the goodies. Seems like pointless exercise reserved only for the most impatient of psychonauts, and I think that growing fruits would be far more rewarding.

Just on the issue with asbestos...asbestos is perfectly safe to eat, it doesn't cause your digestive tract any harm whatsoever. If you breath in the fibres, well that's a different story altogether.

/backontopic

• Like 2

And also on verm and esbestos cos I'm sick of people saying it

Your vermiculite will not contain esbestos

Unless you bought it over 20 yrs ago don't worry about it being contaminated with esbestos

Because it won't be

• Like 4

Myco is right, if our verm had asbestos in it you can be assured that those companies selling asbestos laden verm would be getting their asses sued off left right and centre and it would be all over the news

Cheers Bentospawn, for the clarification. Further investigation shows that this is a thing of the past.

i snorted a cake once and all i got was a blocked nose :lol:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/12361289

I don't see why not. Would you really eat cakes though? A tea I understand but cakes :puke:

Is that extra dose really worth it?

Iv'e planted cakes in pots with other plant before (HBWR). When it rained they would occasionally sprout up! Seems like a much better use for them IMO.

what about p.tampanensis it forms a sclerotia ( a harden mass of mycelium ) i only just heard of this recently and it was only discovered in the seventies

by Guzman and pollock there is another species witch is mexican would love to hear s bit more about it if any sab members know please share

before pftek was on the web there were teks for growing only mycelium in jars with potato broth(?) and agar and then extracting the goodies straight from the mycelium

I've seen things on the net where people have used just cakes for mass extractions

and not bothered with the fruiting process they Just make shitloads of cakes and extract direct from the cakes

Wow, guess it really depends of what you get out of it. Personally, I like growing things, its therapeutic, so its like a little bonus.

i think the main idea of the method is speed

you can have colonised cakes within a couple of weeks

but if your going to fruit them your looking at a much longer period of time overall

you probably wouldnt get as much qauntity but the process would be alot faster

i think if you used p.mexicana added more nutrient and let it scolorize and leave it for months, i think the best way to get would be chromatography they use a similar method to make biomass and extract the chemical eg niacin im sure if you if you made enough cakes or use method champion it could be worth it but the hasle of the extraction would be a big task

someone where it is legal make a tea an give us an update.

I believe that all info required is in the previous 25 posts.