The Corroboree
slayertat

Plants in Queensland?

Hi, Can anyone please point me in the direction of a list of plants that are controlled by legisllation in Queensland.

I am interested in what is ok to grow and what is strictly not. I am only interested in growing ornamently.

I can semm to find a list of plants rather than drugs they may contain.

Everything is illegal in QLD...ur not allowed to grow anything...lol. :wink:

Psychotria's & B. caapi are ok at the moment, same as brugmansia's . I think it's just mescaline bearing cactus, including all Lophophora species & catha edulis that are no-no's.

I'm sure someone will have a link for u slayer...

• Like 2

The problem is that there isnt A list, there are lots of lists, & more emerging all the time.

And just to confuse the issue the trend now is rather than listing a plant or a group of plants Gov now likes to list "any plant" that contains XYZ compound, is susceptible the issues they hope to cover etc etc. That means that one act can cover endless possibilitys without them having to go back to parliament to add new spp as they are discovered, and puts takes the onus of knowing what is what off law enforcement onto the public.

Long story short there are LOTS of lists and many of them often aren't very clear generally enforced.

And dont think that just because a plant it was ok when you got it last month that it is still ok this month.

Edit missed word

Edited by shortly
  • Like 2

If you do find a list it will probably be change by the end of the year! Good luck keeping up with our ever changing laws!

• Like 2

Ok cool , thanks for that I the stuff on the misuse act is probably the best I am going to get. I just took a job running a hydroponics shop and I thought I had best make sure what I ve got growing wont get me in trouble if my new job brings me under suspicion.

It seems my viridis will be safe but i may have to move my san pedro on.

Is there any loophole in the laws generally for just ornamental growing?

Man keep your pedro, its just a cool looking cacti :wink: , You can find little one's every now & then at Bunnings & Masters stores in QLD.

I think lophs are the only ones not allowed in QLD.

^^^ that's what I thought at 1st as well jox...but if you check the link below you'll see it says any mescaline bearing cactus... :(

I tend to agree with what jox is saying mind you slayer...just don't label them. It's beurocracy gone mad mate.

http://www.shaman-au...opic=17519&st=0

Here's the link I was put onto, the Qld law about mescaline cactus is a bit, "open to interpretation"...which basically means it's up to the police. If you had a lot of entheo plants then the police would/could do you for the pedro's (if, they knew what they were looking at).

Edited by space cadet 101
  • Like 3

I'm with space cadet, if you must label your plants use codes, never use the name.

Of course we have a bureaucracy gone mad, when you consider that 70% of stolenwealth parliamentarians are lawyers of course they are going to make as many laws as they possibly can & as complex as possible, its good for business after all

Edited by shortly
  • Like 5

^never admit guilt. None of my plants are illegal and if they want to try and prove that good luck to them.

• Like 6

just cover you're plants with an equal amount (by weight) of "red tape" as the laws pertaining to growing plants and you'll be fine =)

this much red tape has the added benifit of making the pant unseen to others.

I am thinking about offering for sale a kit i have sourced that may if used properly reduce the need for concern as to whether this or that cactus in your garden is illegalpost-9779-0-08025500-1345019951_thumb.jp please pm me for details

post-9779-0-08025500-1345019951_thumb.jpg

post-9779-0-08025500-1345019951_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

what about growing tobacy

what about growing tobacy

No chance, production covered by strict Federal licencing (by the ATO)

• Like 1

No chance, production covered by strict Federal licencing (by the ATO)

That's Australia for you

Fucken chop chop!!

What is the law? I do believe you Psylo & have found info going back to 2006 from the ATO staying without a license to grow tobacco, it is illegal to grow or even have any tobacco spp(including the native spps), leaves seed etc... & can cost you $50.000 & 2 years in prison!!

On that note I can find current sites selling tobacoo leaves/seeds in Australia & they will tell you its perfectly legal & even send you out fact sheets on the best way to grow it.

What is the deal????

just because people are doing it doesn't mean it's legal :wink:

• Like 3

^^LOL, really :P .

Hey qualia, I totally understand what your saying & I am more inclined to believe the information I found form the government & figure theses company's just say it legal & tell you its all good so they can make a profit. I am just curious to know how they pull this off? I'm sure if a company & tried to sell MJ on the internet, It would be shut down pretty quickly :lol: , hmmmmmm???????

Edited by Jox

I'm pretty sure N alata is a legal Nicotiana species? Not 100% on that.

I'm not sure about any of what I've heard or read, but the article I read was saying the law was set so all Nicotiana species fell under law & any plant with the common name Tobacco in it, for example "wild Tobacco, true blue tobacco, native tobacco" fall under this law too!!

If this is true then they can prosecute you for a loose list of common names that change from town to town, this seem very wrong & the fact theirs 100s of feral "native" tobacco growing as weeds at my daughters school & in every state owned national park around here. Does this make the school teachers & government employees criminals?

Where can we find the most up to date & relevant laws about Tobacco?

but when the goverment colapses next month where will i get my winnie blues from

• Like 1

from me as I will have a very big machete lol. God I can't wait for the apocalypse Ima settle some scores... lol

• Like 3

i have a bobcat so it was good practice when it flooded cant wait for the day go down to that ugly football field down the road

and grow corn for the masses

Edited by bigred82
  • Like 2

After 4 years of my incessant pushing the ATO and arguing with the legal department to define what 'tobacco' is they finally made a ruling a couple of years ago that defines it as N. tabacum, N. rustica and I think they also included N alata [sorry need to look it up]. That's it. All other Nicotiana species are now legal to grow thanks to my efforts. The ruling is not permanent and may be changed at any time they feel a species has become a commercially viable species for tobacco production. So my suggestion is that whatever you do, please do not publicise the commercial suitability of any species.

Psylo, S.mauritianum is not native [i'd probably guess it to be from mauritius ;)]. It also does not contain nicotine. It is somewhat toxic due to presence of solanin etc.

• Like 4