The Corroboree
incognito

I don't think I get sick??

How the hell do you sneeze onto your elbow? I tried it and I believe I've put my neck out.

I'm just going to do a public health service and sneeze onto actual peoples faces, and forgoe toilet paper completely and help my countrys people build their pathetic immune systems.

Edited by incognito

Another method of folding is to fold, wipe, reverse fold, wipe, fold wipe, fold wipe, check dispose. You get one extra wipe doing it that way... I love potty time and dirty talk!

where even the 1st wipe stays clean. :wub:

Yes! Ghost poo's - if you're even luckier, it's slipped down up and around the ubend too! No trace on the wipe, no trace in the bowl - ghost poo...

Sorbolene has many uses... :innocent_n:

That legendary poo has always been called "the golden turd" in my family. For a very short moment in time everything just feels right in the cosmos.

• Like 1

Lots of the susceptibility to normally trivial diseases may well be lack of immune training. Nowadays people are afraid of anything bacteria related and even spend lots of time trying to kill off the good bacteria that covers their skin. I grew up in rotting filth until 1998, it was probably a bit of a challenge for my immune system and I had the normal instance of colds and flus up until then but once I escaped to a cleaner (but far from sterile) environment my immunity was just vast. My last flu was in 1997 and I've had 5 colds since the start of 1999. Even took care of a swine flu victim and all I got was a 5 hour tickle in my nose.

And theres scientific evidence pointing toward the harmless microbes being used as practice grounds for the human immune system.

But I doubt thats the whole story.

Humans have two circulatory systems and only one has a pump. The lymphatic system, like an immune system superhighway, doesnt circulate properly unless people get off their damn couch and move around- its pumped by exercise.

Also, virtually all westerners have cardiovascular disease. I remember seeing one study where they took healthy americans and asked them if they believe they are totally free of heart disease, 50% said yes, then they tested them, 2% didnt have identifiable heart disease. CVD is more than just heart attacks and stroke, its dementia and impotence and poor immune function and all sorts of things.

Sadly most people would only want good health if they could buy it as a pill-- lifestyle changes just arent accepted as a viable option by most.

• Like 1

My sisters kids are prime examples. She forever has a pack of antibacterial wipe in her handbag ready to wipe down her two girls at the slightest sight of dirt or food. She washes their toys once a month in antibacterial wash. Rarely do the kids get to play in the dirt without their mother having a heartattck. Now these kids are ALWAYS sick. Maybee through lack of immune system strength and maybee psychologically talked into the assumption that there are things out there looking to make them sick. I love it when u have to babysit them or have them over for a few hrs while my sister shops. I make sure they go home putrid, and they absolutely love it.

Edited by incognito
  • Like 2

I use about 3 squares, then fold again, use again, fold again, use again. Unless there are indications that the small square I'm left with after the second wipe won't be enough for what's left, in which case I might splash out and grab another 3 sheets. I don't need fancy toilet paper, but the homebrand type ones don't cut it for me. I'm happy with the quilton ones because it's soft enough but still fairly cheap. The worst one is those squares of paper they have in a lot of public toilets. It's like wiping your arse with glad-bake.

And when I sneeze I aim for my armpit. I really hate to sneeze on my hands.

This thread is fantastic.

yuk, folding and using again, thats soo grosse. you will end up with shit on your fingers.

i wipe once and drop.

sneezing, i am yuk, if in puplic and i have no tissues, i point away from the people around me, but let it all go into the air, i would hate it to put the snort onto me.

I do the same, sneeze and cough into the elbow area, and i have taught my kids to do the same.

This is something you see all the time... At the supermarket in the fresh produce area, people licking their fingers to find the opening of the plastic bags to put fruit/vegies in, and whilst the fingers are still covered in saliva, they fondle all the tomatoes and apples etc..

As for the opening thread topic... I don't get sick either, and I don't have any allergies, but my nick name as a kid was 'Grot', so i probably built up a good immune system early on in my life.

As for the people who can get away with using ONE square of toilet paper...c'mon!?!?!.

:)

one square is enough if, it's not the cheapest brand of paper. after folding it twice (but make sure the 2nd fold ends you up with a semi long rectangle, THAT IS THE SECRET) you wipe once and drop. double handling toilet paper, would never cross my mind.

how about we extend this thread once more?

let's talk, wiping babies clean, hehehe.

i must admit, i was a scruncher with my childrens backsides, as incog stated, the scrunched paper, pics up more debri.

and i even re folded, under those circumstances.

but once the area was quite clean already, i would change over to non scrunching and dropping the paper after a single wipe.

than at last, naturaly, the moist wipes are used.

but if it's summer and warm, washing the childs backside is much better, as it would leave no feacel matter whats o ever, whilst all wiping would leave some residue.

here a trick of my mom, baby has got nappy rash, all you do is let them run around bare bottomed for a while, it will heal fast that way!! :)

baby shit can realy stink at times, worse than any grown up, when this happend, my ex always asked me, to do it.

I was always a scruncher & then about 10-15yrs ago for no reason changed my style & went to a 4 paper fold. Although, if I'm feeling a bit paranoid & think that I haven't got it all, I go a 2nd time but with a scrunch instead.

Best of both worlds.... :)

• Like 1

I thought this community was more creative, but no its just fold or scrunch.

You know if you arrange it into a origami rose and use a twisting motion it wouldnt smear stuff around.

origami_rose_for_BGWorX_by_darkorchid19.jpg

...think about it!

• Like 6

We used to let our girl run aroun bare bum in the sun all the time. Sunlight is good for any nappy rashes.

any ever used a bidet? they sound good in theory

(i have a feeling this should be a whole fresh new thread) pun intended

i like the idea of a bidet but i'd have to see one before deciding.

wiping once is just a terrifying, alien concept to me. toilet paper is a few dollars per swag.

i wonder how much those rolls of baking paper cost, you know, it's probably what they stock your workplace toilet with. i will pocket some wet wipes before venturing into such a toilet.

who need's a bidet in australia, the toilets here are designed in a fashion which, will (greatly) avoid skid marks, but the trade of for this is that, the water can hit your bum.

i prefere the continetal toilet, wher the no2, ends up on a horizontal water free area.

italien/tropical, squat toiletts i dislike the most.

any tradesmen here? you know what a reverse kanga is?

if i see skid marks in a puplic toilet, i can't use it.

Edited by planthelper

I just saw a man put on plastic gloves to fill up his car at the b.p. what the hell is the Australian male coming to??

gloves for diesel is understandable, horrible greasy smelly stuff

also petrol is carcinogenic.

what are you suggesting, real men should bathe in petrol, lol

maybe splash a bit on as aftershave :P

screw the brut 33 real women love optimax 98

• Like 3

Word! I just thought it was very petite, never seen it before. Isn't EVERYTHING carcinogenic these days? Anyways I'm going to go back into my illness free cave and mow down some stegosaurus meat. Please if anyone sees me put on disposable gloves to fill my car just slap me 3 times as hard as you possibly can.

For comfort and to get your arse extra clean, put some spit on the paper before wiping.

BEFORE!

Now that's just weird

This is an awesome thread.

I think I can contribute, because I am pretty 'unhygenic' in terms of washing hands and whatnot, and generally don't get sick. Never had glandular fever.

But, since I moved to Melbourne, I get sick every Winter! And I've had food poisoning at least twice and once some sort of stomach failure that left me completely screwed for 2 weeks. For someone who grew up with only the occasional flu, this was a lot to cope with!

After this experience, to me it seems that it's all about what your body can handle.

This Winter I've been experimenting with preventatives:

* Ginger/honey/lemon tea (lemon and honey put in after the water has cooled)

* Spoonfuls of honey

* Echinacea+Garlic+Zinc+vitC tablets

* Andrographis extract tablets

* Strepsils

* Phyllanthus emblica pure herb capsules

* Chewing licorice root

Coupled with trying much harder to stay warm. With very good success. Haven't been sick once since I've started taking them, even though I've shared smoking with a bunch of friends who were very sick. I don't take it every day, but every second day or as soon as I feel any sort of symptoms coming on.

So I can anecdotally concur with the study posted earlier, that the symptoms of flu are your immune system responding. As I've gone to great efforts to ensure my immune system doesn't get compromised I've been completely unsymptomatic. Not even the sniffles. I feel much more confident using public transport at peak times, as I know as soon as I get home the correct thing to do is boost the immune system.

The only thing Idon't like about Echinacea is the warfarin interaction, my blood seems to thin a lot after even a relatively mild dose of the stuff. Which is a shame as I think that makes it much more difficult to take higher doses if I need it. For example, if I take equiv 2g dry herb in extract tablets before bed and blow my nose in the morning, my blood can still be quite thin and come out with mucous.

Edited by apothecary