The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Thelema

"torres strait weed" bioassay

lolyeah. nope only thelma has tried it, i can find any info on studies done on any of those species above so its new territory. hey thelma was it like mj (like say dagga) or was it the same as mj???

lol it could well be mallotus nesophilus darcy i just grabbed some. in the description it states that the ovaries are covered in resin glands!! since ive had such trouble iding it i find it highly unlikly that my friend was able to recognise it.

it would appear that some other mallotus sp are being investigated for anticancer activity. also check this out this is awersome

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...8&dopt=Abstract

your right darcy we dont need another mj like plant, we need another mj :D

sure mate, they are really small about 1-2mm and are in clumps on a panicle. there appear to be small petals scattered throughout thebuds. i counted 8 stamen/carpels i dont have a microscope so i cant destinguish between them.

thought it might have been a Commersonia or a Croton but my eggs r on the Macaranga, stamens < 10, non stellate hairs.

cutting ovary transversly should seal the Mallotus option. 2 locules mallotus, 4 locules macaranga.

Isn`t CSIRO working on a cross between an Alocasia & a Dendrocide ? ha ha

sounds like i need a microscope. im now quite sure it is Macaranga involucrata var. mallotoides, even though a few hours ago i was sure is was Mallotus nesophilus. the leaf im holding matches the leaf of the macaranga in my software exactly.

ahh yeah i seen that one it doesnt look anything like it that pic put me off. thats the only pic i could find on the net. get rid of the serrated bits and you cooking

Sounds like you have a distinct variety there teo.

Bioassay.

Figured I better do this before I give up my net and drugs for 2 weeks!

Just got teos stuff today.

Didn't have any pipes that weren't absolutely covered in resin, so I rolled a joint.

000_0340.JPG000_0339.JPG

Um. Slight stoney feel. You know when you pull a cone and you get that feeling straight away? Like that, but definitely didn't break through to the "oh man I'm stoned" stage.

Definitely worth looking into further, I'm enjoying sitting here.

My bioassay is similar to the one Thelema put up.

Stem removed from the material, one joint rolled.

One joint smoked, nothing added to the joint.

Noticably stoned after three or four hits, I don't think it'll last long, maybe another 10-20 minutes.

The buds are like a miniature version of C. sativa flowers, but lacking pistils. The smoke tastes quite nice, but with a much more "green" or herby smell.

Lorax is sitting on a gold mine if an extraction keeps you stoned for longer. Otherwise it's only mildly interesting. I'd probably stick to MJ.

when my TLC kit arrives i will do a a/b extraction for the leaves and the buds and see if they contain the same things. if its only in the buds then this stuff will cost a fortune because theere is fuck all buds on a tree.

was talking to my friend who told me about this today and he said he will grab some of the plant that he knows it is so i can check id is right. also he said small amount dont do shit but large doses are like mushrooms and weed, said his bro smoked it but he doesnt know how much enough is.

package from Teo arrived this afternoon.

5:30pm stem removed from bud, bud chopped, 2 cones packed and punched in succession, taking thelema's lead and holding for a count of 10.

Smoke smooth, fairly tasteless(tainted the flavour of my pepsi but, made it taste sorta like it had dirt in it..go figure?)

immeadiate noticible relaxation, more pronounced upon standing up, ALSMOST salvia like yet quite different...but as Apoth said:

"You know when you pull a cone and you get that feeling straight away? Like that, but definitely didn't break through to the "oh man I'm stoned" stage."

definately interesting and enjoyable. One thing comparible to MJ is... I sat down and played my bass for approx half hour session and like with MJ it improves my fingering speed and sense of and rythm(ofcourse maybe it just sounds better to me when im in an altered state)

the effects had completely worn off after that half hour.

a positive experience, subtle but fun :)

hmmm well there you go.... Interesting find there Teo, thanks for sharing it with me and I hope my input is useful. Keep us updated on your progress with any possible extractions as i believe this plant has quite some potential yet!

chers from the pit,

BL

nice work BL. i got my friend to get me some samples of the plant he knows it as, lol he gave me two samples thinking they were off the same tree one was, Macaranga involucrata var. mallotoides, and the other was Mallotus nesophilus, to my knowledge. as luck would have it i have a Mallotus nesophilus plant in the front yard and the ground is covered with seedlings:D . i will begin collecting some material for extracts.

lost track off this. im on holidays now and will get quite a large amount of flowers for anyone who is interested. i know i was supposed to send a smaple to somone but forgot, simon i think?? pm me for some material :)

i find the smoke rather harsh and tastes pretty crap, mixing about half gram of each tobacco and blue lotus to two grams of this "weed" allowed the pulling of cones.

effects were felt immediately after one cone and most noticable was the clearing of the mind - everything was silent, quite nice

after a can of turkey and about 20 large cones over about 30 mins i felt as though on the edge of breaking through to something more exciting, my head would buzz lightly with every cone smoked but on exhalation the breakthrough did not occur.

i think an extract of this could be fairly interesting.

about 10-15 mins after smoking the last cone two cones of lago were smoked and almost immediately i developed a very painful dull persistant throbbing in both knees.

this was still just as painful almost two hours later when i was ready for bed, very tired but sleep would not come, took 3 panadeine forte and managed to drift of

got up 4 hours later to go to work, knees have been fine all day

all in all i found it quite enjoyable until i smoked the lago, went down quite well after a hard days work