The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
mr b.caapi

NASA's new project crashes and burns.

:) that final explosion was better than the proverbial smoking pair of boots. honestly though, i can't believe how stagnent the space deal has been for so long. i feel a bit ripped off when i think of how i thought the " future " was gonna be.

:) that final explosion was better than the proverbial smoking pair of boots. honestly though, i can't believe how stagnent the space deal has been for so long. i feel a bit ripped off when i think of how i thought the " future " was gonna be.

If you lived in the 50s, by now you should be in flying cars and doing the whole Jetsons thing.

A private company needs to develop a profitable way to mine space. It’s the only way humans will ever make any significant advancements in space exploration.

A private company needs to develop a profitable way to mine space. It’s the only way humans will ever make any significant advancements in space exploration.

It's happening. James Cameron wants to give it a crack....

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/sci-tech/googlebacked-asteroid-mining-venture-adds-billionaire-investors-20120807-23rhl.html

I thought space by definition is empty

I could go off on a tangent here and drag this into a discussion about the parallels to the Grissom murder accident.

But I won't.

edit : Typo

Edited by SallyD

I fully disagree. I think that space is best explored with a paradigm that's not profit-driven in any manner. At the current rate though, the first few buildings on the moon will be McDonalds, Starbucks and Wendy's (yay.... :wacko: )

That's what they get for stuffing up the count down!

5,4,3,2,0 -WTF?

i think jabez's point was that if we want to see much advancement in the materialisation of our space visions, private enterprise is the only real option as governments give us results like the video above. privitisation may not be ideal, but it seems to me less than ideal or not really at all, at least not for the average non-scientist / airforce type bloke. hopefully space mining ends up fun and entertaining like red dwarf and not overhyped,dull race war filled like avatar.