The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Bigred

treated brf

just did a big batch of brf cakes and its been treated with something nothing will grow and it said organic

and it could also be the verm whats a way to test it before making this mistake i lost alot of good spores

I don't see wat it would possibly be treated with that just doesn't seem right

Did you buy brown rice flour or did you make your own with rice?

I would say its more likely a different problem than the rice being treated with something that would stop the myc growth

You sure you used the right ratio of water verm and brf

Also it should have nothing to do with the verm

unless like I say you got your ratios mixed up that could cause problems

You didn't mix it up with the colloidal silver you were talking about the other day did you?

If you had live spores and BRF wasn't above about 40 deg when you nocced it you should see something growing, unless the BRF was saturated.

• Like 1

That's wat I'm thinking you've done your mix wrong maybe added to much water not even brf could be a number of things

But I think you can safely rule out that your brf was treated in some way or that the verm is the problem

unless you have way to much verm and not enough brf or something then the verm is not the problem

i mixed it with 2 cup of verm 1 cup of brf 1 cup dh2o i even had a infected live culture and it didnt even show any growth

no i did not ad colloidal silver i think the verm is treated i got it from when i worked in a nursery and i mate a petrie

dish with brf and it showed a little growth any way no crying over spilt milk thanks

i tested the brf just made a paste of it and put it in a petrie jar added a lc but there was no growth and it said it was organic

i think u have used hydrogen peroxide. just use water only for this, and use nothing else for substrate. And dont forget to simulate and put your mycelium culture in refrigerator or something else to get overnight lows to simulate weather is best. Peace.

no i used distilled water