The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
gtarman

Forum bug...is it just me?

Hey guys. I've noticed that when I got to make a reply to a thread, I can't just hit the "post" button, but instead have to go to "more reply options" and then hit post on that tab for it to work. I also can't quote people or edit my posts (I could edit for a bit, but not atm it seems).

Nothing serious, just thought I'd bring it up :-)

• Like 1

For example, the above post should read "...when I go to make a reply...", and not "...when I got to make a reply..."

When I hit the "Save Changed" button, I get a dialog box popup saying "TypeError: Cannot call method 'getText' of undefined"

i dont know for how long this has been going on for you mate, but i have had no problem with that.

No problems either at my end. What browser are you using? ^^^

run an adaware scan maybe. i know sometimes normaly after visit to social media sites, my computer goes spastic like that till i run adaware and remove all the garbage that binds to my system. might help ya.

If you google the error it does seem to be a forum bug of some sort...

run an adaware scan maybe. i know sometimes normaly after visit to "social media sites," my computer goes spastic like that till i run adaware and remove all the garbage that binds to my system. might help ya.

:P

If you google the error it does seem to be a forum bug of some sort...

even though no one else gets it?

even though no one else gets it?

No-one on this forum has reported getting it, but people on the net are reporting it (recently too). For example

http://forumcore.net...-editing-error/

TRy to turn off js minify and if that doesn't work try disabling all hooks and apps and rebuild all cache.

I was more responding to the question "is it just me?", after checking the message I think it's unlikely the users computer is the source of the issue.

Edited by apothecary

Thanks for all the replies guys. I'm also running Chrome.

I'm not too familiar with javascript...is this minifier thing something on my end (ie a part of my version of js or chrome) or is this a property of the forum itself controlled by admin?

Also, if it is on my end, how would I go about turning it off?

Thanks again, much appreciated :-)

Update: It's got something to do with my browser. I usually run Chrome, but I checked it out with Explorer and the problem was gone. Guess I'll just have to troubleshoot my Chrome (it's been screwing up Facebook and pretty much anything that involves clicking buttons and posting content).

I've had a few issues with Firefox doing similar things lately too.

When I go to quote someone the dialogue box opens up but the quote is missing, so I have to click the quote button again.

It's quite trivial really, but I never had that issue before the server crash.

I've had a few issues with Firefox doing similar things lately too.

When I go to quote someone the dialogue box opens up but the quote is missing, so I have to click the quote button again.

It's quite trivial really, but I never had that issue before the server crash.

I've had that from since before the crash, so maybe more to do with browser versions or something like that. Too trivial for me to investigate much though as these things come and go with various updates.

• Like 1

uninstall Google chrome completely (save bookmarks if you like). Download latest version from their website. Re-install.

If you still have dramas, download something like Adaware and run a scan and remove your spyware cookies and shit.

Maybe try removing your internet cache files from chrome.. Not sure if this site uses java script, but maybe try updating that too.

If you don't have a virus scanner, download one (I suggest AVG) for Windows and run a full system scan.

If all else fails, use Firefox for a few months lol.

• Like 1

Haha thanks tedzr...I actually did that last night as I was thinking the same thing. Works like a charm now.

• Like 1