The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devils_cactus

shamanic native plants

i will, right now. if u dont hear back from me in half an hour, please call 000

Thanks for calling 000 darcy, i sure do preciate it. Also thanks so much for calling the police, rather than the ambulance.

I can report no ill effects from chewing a few fresh sticky leaves and smallowing the leaves after a while. To be honest i can report no effects at all

Would be more interesting to see what an extraction comes up with...

Also a few hours ago i had some leaves of Sweetus modestus (Will. 2004) so it is possible that interfered with the test.

Brugsmansia were classified as "tree daturas" based largely upon chemistry

and the likeness of their flowers.

The Plants we're reclassified by the late Dr. Tim Plowman

(who passed in 1989).

He was the heir apparent to Harvard's Richard Evans Schultes

He was "the worlds authority on the enthobotany of Coca and Erythroxylum".

The book "One River" by Wade Davis paints a good picture of this field researcher.

Sadly after his death almost all of his rare collected plants we're tossed into the compost pile.

Many came from areas that have now been logged and are lost forever.

I know of one living brug clone that was saved from the composting

and bears his name - having appeared in the allies (OTJ) catalogue.

RE: Datura

Best do your research...

there's a reason why it's not popular.

we have several species native to the area and

Every year or so another dumb kid or "hippie" dies

from experimentation or from a prank / vicious joke.

"Choose your allies wisely..."

[ 01. March 2005, 11:13: Message edited by: Flip ]

Quote Flip:"Choose your allies wisely..."

Better still have patience and they'll choose you

hello I am a industrial chemist, were can i find information about shamanic plants , what to use and how to use then,

cheers

vwkombie:

hello I am a  industrial chemist, were  can i find information about  shamanic plants  , what to  use  and how to use  then,

cheers

Perhaps if you were as qualified as you say, you would know to check Google, Erowid, Scirus, and maybe some of those yummy document delivery services that allow you to search for published academic articles via multi-journal databases- and then order them.

While its well known that those employed in the scientific field are often careless with grammar and spelling, the qualifications they need in order to practice normally involve experience with at least one of the above research methods. Sheesh. :rolleyes:

[ 02. March 2005, 12:05: Message edited by: Darklight ]

THat is really not the reply i was looking for. I am a radio pharm chemist. But i have a alter ego as a chemical brother. I was just after advise on what to use etc.

THank you for your comments

vw- they're a rough lot here arent they!!

They get a lot of messages from people who come and then disappear, asking questions about things that are easily searchable. So you have to realize that it pisses them off a bit

definitely Erowid is a good place to learn about plants with purported shamanic and entheogenic uses.

there is so much stuff already on this forum that if you searched you'd find all the info you need to start with.

well folks, I hope that will teach you to be nice to newbies!!!

just as a side note

it pisses me off how alot of people instantly associate spelling and gramma with interest of ethnogens!

what about people who have english as a second language and stuff!

a eprfect example would be vins. his english is excelent but sometimes a bit funny, but he has been a very valuable contributor to this community

egsactly smog's. i couldnt' of said it better myself

eprfect point smogs. :P

LMAO you guys crack me up

a funny recent example is Tomer. He sounds really cool, i am doing a swap with him so i don't mean this to sound mean...! I am sure he has a good sense of humour.

But he keeps calling plants "planets".

That is quite a cool mis-spelling. :cool: Has a kind of global mystical transcendental feel to it. Keep up the good work Tomer!

hhemmmm

because my english sucks!

:) ))

i dont have many words in my vocabulary..

:)

hhhh planet :)

at least i'm laughing myself....

fix me when u can!!!

thank u

Tomer " english sucks"

Israel :)

LOL tomer. Actually i would prefer if you kept spelling "plant" as "planet"! I am thinking of spelling it that way myself, now.

I was hoping someone would bring this up soon otherwise I was going to make a new topic-"How to be nice to newbies" aka if it pisses you off THAT much DON'T RESPOND!

Is't that Sipmle :D

So this is my problem I am grinding 6-7 bhrw seed the FNQ ones and pulling then in those vegie capsules, and the effect is not really what i thought would happen ive tried dosages of 3 , 4, 6 seeds too. I know that it is lsa in then and not lsd, so is it that the caps dissolve to far down and mess the small intestines or a dose problem or i am looking for the wrong effect eg colours etc.

P.s if you are going to be a arse hole about it then do not reply.

cheers

I'm going to be an arsehole about it and reply.

Here's the deal. When you incriminate yourself doing illegal things, like processing and consuming Argyreia Nervosa seeds, it's not only you that attract the attention of law enforcement officers. The whole forum does, and we like this forum.

So don't do it ok? We don't mind hearing about dreams you had where you took some HBWR seeds, or if you tell us what your naughty naughty gnome does, but nobody here wants to hear about the illegal things you do.

My gnomes munched hbwr seeds from a few different sources and imho the ones that he got from someone in cairns where more potent than seeds from anywhere else. Not sure what sort of effects your gnome was expecting but he'd certainly know it if the seeds where where weaving there magick.

As you probably already know the alkaloids present in HBWR seeds are pretty unstable and any number of factors could have affected their potency.

oh yeah btw don't be put off by a few people, the majority of people here are great and if you stick around you'll learn so much.

:cool: peace :cool:

my gnome finds it easiest to just chew the hbwr seeds and roll them round your mouth for about 15min