The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
devils_cactus

shamanic native plants

or how about you google it, use the search engine or erowid.

Nymphaea spp., Nelumbo spp.(native?) also worth a look into.

then there are the woodloving psilocybes for fungi.

[ 09. February 2005, 14:52: Message edited by: gerbil ]

There's a native mushroom that's popular , no idea why ? :P

quote:

...sounds pretty insane

Aint that the truth :P :D

Not many people who try Datura try it twice.

The trick of Datura is that it makes you think it isn't working, so you take more, and end up on another planet for a few days.

Careful.

the elast risky way to consume datura is to smoke it. that way you will usually become incapable to continue smoking well before things get too bad. Always have a 10 min break between smokes.

Never eat datura!!!

correct me if i'm wrong but i think datura is cumulative as in if u ingest/inhale it one day then the next day take the same dose it will have a greater effect

and, i dont know maybe the tropanes counl get high enuff with a period of regulary ingesting they could reach toxic levels??

aaron

no i dont think so, the effects might last for a day or two though meaning that there still is some in your body. scopolomine tablets ur allowed two on the first day then one after that.

teo is right. not cumulative, but definitely long half life.

Torsten:

the elast risky way to consume datura is to smoke it. that way you will usually become incapable to continue smoking well before things get too bad. Always have a 10 min break between smokes.

Never eat datura!!!

And if you ignore that advice and you eat some and go hey its not work DON'T go eat some more.

I think the halflife on alot the active substances is like 12 hours. Having a 1/2 life would suggest the slowest step of the break down isn't enzymatic ( since they generally involed zero order kentics and reaction with 1/2 lifes are first order ). The digestion process is slowed by eating this substance as they relax generally relax the smooth walled musluces in your gut and probably slows down the secreation of gastric fluids.

Anyway been there done that could barely remeber a thing because of the effects. Basicly it makes your body feel heavy or something similar, you can't talk because your mouth is so drym you can't see because your pupils are dilated ( and lasts for a long time due to the long 1/2 life ) and your depth perceptions is totall shot, you start talking to people who aren't there and its just plain annoying when they disapear and you frankly just go nuts. OH yeah and you get REALLY sleepy.

Can I recommend doing it? Frankly if your out to do something fun no this isn't fun at all. It is an experience though if you can remeber anything.

[ 13. February 2005, 12:11: Message edited by: bloodbob ]

i had an interesting day after rubbing brug leaves on my forearms. just rubbed them so my arms were covered in juice. did hallucinate but felt like i was about to. lasted from afternoon to afternoon of next day.

i wouldnt smoke them lol. i prefer brug over datura. datura tastes worse when u smoke it

yeah i like brug better as well

i like leaves more than the3 flowers too, i like sanguina best;)

aaron

i like the huge leaves :D big think leathery. i used to roll the leaves up when fresh and put them in my cuboard then when they dry they dont go really hard kinda just semi-drys them, then i would then pick a flower let it dry untillvery flexable and roll up a bunch of semi dryed leaves and roll the flower around the outside to hold them together, tie up with alittle string then let dry, just make sure it dries and doesnt rot or go mouldy, then clip off the ends and smoke a little(a few puffs) for wat ever reason. kinda a brug cigar.

Brugmansia's and Datura's used to actually all be classified as Datura until around the 1970's I do believe. (I wasn't actually alive then, so I can't be sure)

Brugmansias were referred to as "tree Datura's" because of the larger sizes they grow to.

Both plants have similar active compounds though.

All you have to do is look at experience reports on erowid to see how dangerous these plants are. I think about 50% of them end up with the writer in hospital or a police station, with no idea how they got there!

[ 24. February 2005, 19:22: Message edited by: Benzito ]

teonanacatl:

i had an interesting day after rubbing brug leaves on my forearms. just rubbed them so my arms were covered in juice. did hallucinate but felt like i was about to. lasted from afternoon to afternoon of next day.

yeah 2 years ago i had wierd joint pains and deep 'bone' aches that were quite uncomfortable

hot poultices of brug leaves worked well as pain relivers and joint mobilisers

def could feel the effect