The Corroboree
gtarman

Brisbane meet, Saturday August 25th

*UPDATE: THE MEET IS ON! 1pm SAT 25th (TOMORROW) AT SIMPSONS FALLS PICNIC GROUNDS MT. COOT THA (directions here: http://www.poidb.com/poi/location.asp?poiid=271598), LOOK FOR THE BLUE BALLOONS!*

Hey guys. I thought I'd get the ball rolling here and put a date on it seeing as a few people have expressed interest in a Brisbane meet. Mount Coot-Tha seemed to be the consensus, so let's say around 1pm on Saturday the 25th of August.

It might be cool to bring along some some food and/or beer to share depending on how many people come and who has to drive.

Thoughts, suggestions..?

Edited by gtarman

i might use this thread for a bitch...

what is up with the bris meet? i was told a certain member, is running those meetings, and did send him, heaps of free plants to give to the people at the next meeting, but never ever got any responce of him!! pm'd him again, have you recieved my parcel (express mail), but no reply.

not happy, jane! :(

syd, meet was all roger.

I wouldn't know sorry mate, this will be the first meet I've been to/done. So far I'm the only one on-board/coordinating it.

I'm up for it provided i'm not on duty, have to get the okey dokey from SWMBO first

I dont know that beer is condoned outside of the restaurant though

• Like 1

there are fookin HEAPS of members at the moment with SEQLD in their info. i'm perusing the last ten brisbane meet threads that led nowhere. it's beyond a farce.

i personally endorse this produce and/or service. i'll be there with clothes on.

(i think you can have some wine or beer with a meal in a park. i'm not sure its a good idea though, this is a conspicuous area. if anyone prefers i can locate a nice park nearby with tables/shelter/toilets. mt coot tha area is ideal though, with easy access from the north, milton road, and the western freeway)

• Like 1

i will keep an eye on this date etc. and, i shall apear =)

BBQ at a park meet would be nice. i only got motorbike so am little limited but can bring something. anyone got imput on what they might like? got a few extra A acum.. seeds i can give away too.

Edited by ghosty

I can't make it gotta work. But if we can do them regularly I'll be at the next one.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I'll definitely be there. Already have the day off, and when I make plans I stick to them.

As far as the trading and sharing side goes..I'd have to have a look-see. I know at the very least I'll have some Psychotria Carthagenensis seeds, possibly some Tricho seeds as well. No plants atm though. As it warms up in the months to come I'm sure I'll have more than a few spare seedlings.

Non-ethno wise (if anyone's interested) I also have a few packets of Giant Russian variety sunflower seeds, which are kinda fun - they're the massive ones that grow to 3 meters...as well as a selection of Eden's organic heirloom seeds for Peppermint, Mustard Greens and possibly Red Rusian Kale (which grows amazingly here and is very healthy but alas, tastes like donkey-vagina..don't ask how I know that).

donkey vagina now theres an image lol

• Like 1

cool im there could someone give me a lift i live about five min drive would chuck in petrol

if we get good numbers i will put on a keg

• Like 1

Im keen, i say that every time but this time Im going to make it

@bigred i can probably pick you up just check in when the date gets closer

I'm keen also, just have to see if got the 25th free, if so I'll be happy to pick up a few GC members if they need a lift.

GC members let me know if you wana lift.

could somebody please post this event at AE, asap, so they have plenty of notice.

ok if we are going to put a keg on i need some help getting it there and i know the perfect spot at mt cootha there are bbqs there very private

okay we need to decide on the spot. bigred is either talking about jc slaughter, or a similar picnic area that is further up the ring road near channel 7 (heheh). the latter is far more likely to be deserted but the surrounds are more boring than slaughter falls.

i don't know if a keg is appropriate or not. this is an ethno community and people have to drive home, and unwanted attention would be unfortunate. some input from attendees on this matter would be good.

I'm really not much of a drinker & will be driving so a keg is not attractive to me in the slightest.

I kinda like the Bot gardens, i rarely get down that way these days so it would be nice to see the place.

Having said that, if ppl are bringing potted plants a more private location may be more appropriate so as not to attract too much unwanted attention.

the more private locations that i suggested are minutes from the gardens.

• Like 1

whats that area at the next left past slaughter falls?

its rather quiet there, and nice i think. i might head up that way saturday and hava looksee. been a while since i was there.

• Like 2

I think it could be cool to bring along a couple trays of sausages (also some veggo ones for those so inclined) and put on a BBQ. I'm happy with either of ThunderIdeal's suggestions. I'd say the decider is which is easier to get to, which will be more private, and which has the best BBQs haha. I heard JC Slaughter is wood-fired BBQs, which sounds like too much work to me. So I guess my vote goes to the Channel 7 picnic area.

I also think a keg (while awesome) is probably not the way to go...most people I think will be driving :-(

Ill have a lift so i think a kegs an awsome idea lol :-)but id be happy just to finally meet a few of you. 25th locked in

sounds like ghosty is going to suss it out up close and pick the best spot for us :)

it would be great if you made sure that the bbq's actually work and make a not of how many people are there on a saturday.

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1

I think the more private area's are never the "easy to get to" ones (close to carpark). i also like the idea of wood fire BBQ's. more natural =) at the end of the day though, im not fussed. So, basicaly we want some place private, not too far walk (within 10km range), has "working" BBQ's, amenities, an attractive surrounding (that will vary), outdoor activities such as rock climbing, abseiling, river rafting, bushwalking, base jumping, mountainbiking, horse riding etc. Also, imagine how many people will be there. LOL.

Got it.

wil head up that way tomorrow hava look round.

post-3543-0-13861100-1344608448_thumb.pn

purple hexagon - botanical gardens

blue diamond - jc slaughter falls

orange star of david - channel seven tower (???)

pink triangle - private area much like slaughter falls

please check out pink triangle, i think it might be the go. plenty of car parks, shelter, tables and bbq's, but bound to be more secluded. i also think it would be a bit funny meeting right under channel 7's noses.

here is another option, less attractive maybe http://www.mustdobrisbane.com/outdoors/parks/simpsons_falls.asp

coottha.png

coottha.png

Edited by ThunderIdeal
  • Like 1