The Corroboree
Torsten

anyone willing to do on-camera interview about ayahuasca?

It just aired in Adelaide :o

Not good, not good at all

Yeah missed it to it seems, pretty devo :(

Upload away indeed good SABer's!!!

an avi file posted here or a youtube link would be ideal, thanks.

I am glad this piece was more about me than about the plants . Not too happy that they managed to alert the state attourney general, though I presume he's got bigger problems.

As far as the legal side of things, they did not heed the legal warnings, which means we have plenty of options to consider over the next few days, ranging from defamation and compensation to restraining orders.

• Like 12

WTF

"All our plants are legal, and if they are made illegal we simply adapt"

As all businesses do, and so do the customers. We can't buy Salvia, so we adapt to not being able to buy it.

"The authorities will never keep up"

Well that's because our knowledge base is expanding all the time, and laws aren't (and shouldn't be) that easy to pass - which is why they have all those stupid analogue laws. However, run those two quotes together and it looks like T is deliberately intent on subverting the authorities.

"All our plants are legal, and if they are made illegal we simply adapt... the authorities will never keep up"

It's so easy to quote out of context, nasty nasty nasty.

• Like 2

WTF

"All our plants are legal, and if they are made illegal we simply adapt"

As all businesses do, and so do the customers. We can't buy Salvia, so we adapt to not being able to buy it.

"The authorities will never keep up"

Well that's because our knowledge base is expanding all the time, and laws aren't (and shouldn't be) that easy to pass - which is why they have all those stupid analogue laws. However, run those two quotes together and it looks like T is deliberately intent on subverting the authorities.

"All our plants are legal, and if they are made illegal we simply adapt... the authorities will never keep up"

It's so easy to quote out of context, nasty nasty nasty.

Reminds me of this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAe3FpLGvBY

• Like 2

A good example why not to talk to the media at all. They turn and screw every word just like they need it. But hey T, at least they had the decency to mispell your name when they slander it. :-P

btw, I hope it goes without saying that everything was misrepresented and quoted out of context. I expected this and was careful, but obviously not careful enough. Also a lot of footage was taken while claiming to have the camera off. Other comments were quoted despite guarantees of being 'off the record'. Not that I ever believed him, but just a warning for anyone who wants to get invovled to be careful.They are lying scum and you can't trust a word they say.

I'll now revert back to my decade old policy of not making ANY comment to media regardless of who or what. Might try again in another decade. maybe.

• Like 11

Channel 7 used the adapting to avoid laws angle just a few weeks ago on a story about synthetic cannabinoind incense.

I compliment you on how you've kept your cool T

Mmmm Sweeet caan, dy

Augh, can't access my youtube account. It's been years since I used it and back then it didn't require a google account...now I can't log into it without a google account and the old email adress that's linked to it is long gone.

Sweet, others got it covered. T, let me know if you want the whole newscast as a DVD, I've got it burnt at broadcast quality and would be happy to snailmail it anywhere if needed.

Edited by Snowfella

you know what Usain bolts ran the 100 in olympic record time at the same time. My thinking is alot of people missed it.

He ran at 6 o'clock this morning.

• Like 1

Really? My kids were watching it on 9 at 6pm. then the nine News started.

Edited by Stillman

you know what Usain bolts ran the 100 in olympic record time at the same time. My thinking is alot of people missed it.

He ran at 6 o'clock this morning.

Lol, when I first read that I thought it said "IN the same time", meaning it was a really short segment.

• Like 1

according to the massive ammount of hate mail on 9's facebook page they're suppossedly not delivering the best coverage, but the only for free-view viewers

Edit: thanks heaps shamanistic can't wait

Edited by Ethos

I'll now revert back to my decade old policy of not making ANY comment to media regardless of who or what. Might try again in another decade. maybe.

Maybe next time only comment on less touchy subjects like Abortions or the situation in Jerusalem. :lol:

Just kidding of couse. Its sad that you cant give the viewers a more differentiated insight into the whole ethnobotanic world but i truly believe that 90% of the people who watch TV arent educated enough to question the public portrayal of something that has been domgmatised as much as Aya. There´s just nothing to gain there. Its just like with the matrix. People who really wanna know, will come looking for it. The others cant be saved. They take everything they see on the news as a fact and dont learn anything when their governemt lies to them (again) and uses them for its own political purposes. People are so stupid sometimes but you just cant help it. Wheel in the sky keeps on turning...

• Like 2

It's a lot harder to get away with these beat ups these days anyway, because accurate info is only a mouseclick away. I mean, google ayahuasca and see how many results suggest that it is a party drug, or a way to casually get high.

Really? My kids were watching it on 9 at 6pm. then the nine News started.

They try and pass everything off as if it is really happening as opposed to being broadcast for the Fiftieth time. They have been doing it since the Olympics started.

• Like 1

just saw it. Its not that bad at all. I think Shamans Australis will do very well from this plug.

• Like 2

Thanks guys.

And defient?? Torsten offered to help with their story

Edited by Ethos
  • Like 1

HEADQUARTERS! LOL!!

• Like 1

PERMANENT BRAIN DAMAGE!! WFT?!?

i think i brained my damage :wacko:

• Like 3