The Corroboree
Torsten

anyone willing to do on-camera interview about ayahuasca?

It was bound to happen sooner or later, so there's no point getting in a huff over it. The only surprise to my mind is that it took so long.

exactly. I also agree this is blown a bit out of proportion. I am investing time and money into this because I don't like scum media getting away with this sort of crap, but to be honest this isn't even signifcant enough to ruin my day.

will update as I get more info from legal team.

• Like 5

totally agree T. The worst that will happen is you will get some people buying cacti, eating them, then complaining that it didnt work :)

I agree this has been a long time coming but it does still piss me off that by running this sort of story all of the young bucks will be out chopping down the old lady down the roads Cereus Peruvianusin in the middle of the night and mulling it up and trying to smoke it :wacko:

I am investing time and money into this because I don't like scum media getting away with this sort of crap, but to be honest this isn't even signifcant enough to ruin my day.

Good on you Torsten most people would think its not worth the time and effort but sometimes you have to say fuck it I am going to go after these bastards and when you win it fells so good. :)

Cheers

Got

• Like 2

There is also the major problem (in my mind) of Ayahuasca being portrayed as a party drug in front of a huge audience of people who may well be interested in legal party drugs, but are completely unaware of the contextual use. I have had conversations with people who show great interest, at first, but when I tell them they have to put up with vomiting and cleansing there is a rapid backtrack and disinterest kicks in hard. Also, the idea of taking so much time reducing a cactus down or making an Aya brew is quite alien to so many who just want to take a drug, not create it. Are these guys actually seeking to promote the use of herbs and plants as drugs? They couldn't be doing a better job than showing it on prime time TV! Trouble with dodgy reporting like this you can end up with more damage done - like the young people who think Datura is a party drug and then fuck themselves up real good.

It's hugely irresponsible and it's not what anyone wants.

Are these guys actually seeking to promote the use of herbs and plants as drugs? They couldn't be doing a better job than showing it on prime time TV! Trouble with dodgy reporting like this you can end up with more damage done - like the young people who think Datura is a party drug and then fuck themselves up real good.

They have no agenda other than to get ratings. It's tempting to think that because they are casting these plants in a negative light, they must be opposed to the use of them. But that's got nothing to do with it. This is a sensationalist topic that will, no doubt, attract some viewers. That is all they are doing. Their aim is not to get these banned. Their aim is not to prevent harm. Their aim is not to inform the public. Their aim is simply to get people to watch their show, and the point you made shows just how thinly veiled their attempt at appearing concerned are.

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this will be aired on channel seven in South Australia ? Or is it merely a regional program ?

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this will be aired on channel seven in South Australia ? Or is it merely a regional program ?

I am sure someone will put it up on Youtube for us. I am on the ice at that time tonight so here's hoping.

There is also the major problem (in my mind) of Ayahuasca being portrayed as a party drug in front of a huge audience of people who may well be interested in legal party drugs, but are completely unaware of the contextual use. I have had conversations with people who show great interest, at first, but when I tell them they have to put up with vomiting and cleansing there is a rapid backtrack and disinterest kicks in hard. Also, the idea of taking so much time reducing a cactus down or making an Aya brew is quite alien to so many who just want to take a drug, not create it. Are these guys actually seeking to promote the use of herbs and plants as drugs? They couldn't be doing a better job than showing it on prime time TV! Trouble with dodgy reporting like this you can end up with more damage done - like the young people who think Datura is a party drug and then fuck themselves up real good.

the whole kronic/synthabinis craze and banning started with the media

There's a big difference. Because even if it starts with the media, it's really word of mouth that gets these crazes going. There is not going to be an ayahuasca craze.

I don't have a tv... is it possible to stream channel 7 news online somewhere??

Their aim is simply to get people to watch their show,

And if we are all watching... and channel 7 sees good ratings, then they may look for similar stories. Maybe should all watch it after it has aired?! (dunno if i can wait though.)

There's a big difference. Because even if it starts with the media, it's really word of mouth that gets these crazes going. There is not going to be an ayahuasca craze.

yeah i agree with you, i could never see aya becoming either a party drug or a craze...

I know some of you already are planning to do so, but can someone please record a good quality version of the news tonight? my solicitor needs this.

It's out of my hands now. Legal team are doing what they can, but chances are it will be aired in some form.

And if we are all watching... and channel 7 sees good ratings, then they may look for similar stories. Maybe should all watch it after it has aired?! (dunno if i can wait though.)

Lucky ratings don't work like that ;)

As long as your household isn't in the Nielsen (or another similar companies) polling list, then you can safely watch without worrying about giving the show good ratings. Even if it was you can just say you didn't watch it when they poll you.

Yeah it sure was dumb of the media to advertise synthetic cannabis analogues which can pass a urine test; natural demand for this type of product is insanely large. But I would argue it didn't start with the media, it started with the huge natural demand for those products. Especially true in the UK, where the old magic mushroom legislation meant that lots of young kids were familiar with their local headshop and after the legislation changed those kids went out looking for new products on the same shelves.

• Like 4

just spoke to barrister.... expect quite a few verbal disclaimers to follow that story ;)

• Like 13

just spoke to barrister.... expect quite a few verbal disclaimers to follow that story ;)

Way to go T!

• Like 1

The ads are on now for the lead up to the news. Something along the lines of "we go into the nursery that is selling plants that are banned overseas".

Such a shifty argument: "it's banned overseas - let's copy them!"

You can use the exact same argument with "cheating on your husband and not being killed as a result" is banned in many countries overseas - let's copy them!

Edited by CβL

I know some of you already are planning to do so, but can someone please record a good quality version of the news tonight? my solicitor needs this.

It's out of my hands now. Legal team are doing what they can, but chances are it will be aired in some form.

If it's needed I've got the set topbox with HD set to record it, can burn to a DVD with no trouble at all.

Can anyone confirm if there are indeed countries that ban either chacruna or caapi PLANTS? I think this might even be a factual error. An error used to defame me? Might be interesting.

You know guys, there will always be questionable journalism like this and i dont think that it will change anything about the legal situation or this community in general. But i can strongly strongly urge everyone not to give them any ammo they can use against us. Thats why everyone needs to stick to the rules to their fullest and this is the ideal situation to underline why our rules have always been stricter than in other communities! I am pretty confident that in regard to cacti, there was nothing posted here in the past years that would justify them being banned. In regard to Aya, i would personally moderate stricter and take out everything that has to do with consumption in the future to avoid situations like this but its only my personal opinion and can also understand why others wouldnt agree with that on an ethnobotanical forum. However, i at least want people to understand that everything they post can be used against them or us as a whole so please understand that our rules are here to protect us and not because we like to buzzkill.

In my eyes, this is nothing but hot air because media has always been blowing stories up to fill their schedules and thats what they´ll do till the last TV Set on the planet is broken. Dont make more out of this than it is. A TV Doco cant make up new laws that prohibit plants. Its dumb people who film themselves while jumping out the window during a salvia trip who get stuff like this done so just choose your words wisely these days and everything will be alright. bye Eg

EDIT: But apart from that, i would certainly sue them like theres no tomorrow. Time to set an example.

Edited by Evil Genius
  • Like 2