The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
bushy

Aussie iboga?

From the TiHKAL entry for ibogaine:

quote:

Tabernanthe orientalis. This plant is now called Ervatamia orientalis, and is found in Western Australia. The leaves contain ibogaine, along with six minor alkaloids that are closely related, structurally.

As a WA lad with a healthy interest in things ethnobotanical, I would like to hear from anyone who may have tried or researched using this plant as a source of ibogaine?

PS I read somewhere that this plant is known also as iodine bush. Is this correct?

Cheers.

Hey bushy

if you use the search function you should find refernce to its use here

the leaves work but are hard with sideaffects on vision lasting some time

Until such time as i get word on just how much and just how bad this was im cautious to try it out

I think T knows the persons who ate it

Youll find this plant from the NW of WA across the top end in vine thickets and dry rainforest down the queensland coast

very widespread but insofar as ive seen not locally abundant

Up in the kimberleys youd find it in the rainforest remnants in the gorges

wed all love some seed if you get some

Ive seen it growing in Perth at a bird park (forget the name) but it wasnt too healthy

Or else you can start trimming the trachelospermum thats grown as ornamnetal by all the councils

its not strong but i think if you had enough (and you can) and a simple bulk extraction method you could get a few doses

This is kinda off topic:

but does anyone know the (australian) legal status of ibogaine, and has any research been conducted in this country?

Illegal to import (Customs)

o/wise there seems to be nothing against it

I've done a little bit of chemical analysis (by TLC) on alkaloids from the bark but haven't got seriously into it yet (its somewhere on my very long to do list). I'm definitely interested in finding good aussie sources for this group of compounds and optimising extraction/fractionation procedures to maximise the benefit/damage ratio.

I can't find alot of information about modifications to the structure of ibogaine, which is something, albeit early days sofar as my undergraduate studies, i'd like to look into in the future, hopefully without alot of red tape. total synthesis looks a real dog- wouldn’t mind cultivating some tabernanthe iboga specimens (yeah me and alot of others by the looks of it) - looks as though it would suffer in my climate tho.

If anyone is interested, I still have quite a bit of NQ T. orientalis root and leaf material trade. I am quite certian that the ibogaine content is high, espec in the roots. pls seem my original post in the trade section.

how uncalled for...

Edited by gogogadget

Fair enough.. UTSE/Start a new thread rather than dragging up a long dead thread that may contain things best left in the past.