The Corroboree
Chrissy Star

The unfoldment of an online ayahuasca ceremony - last month of 2014 (by Chinese New Year) - Welcome Year of the Horse

Hi all. I'm new to the forum as well, from Melbourne. I was planning to go to Peru next year to attend a 12 day ceremony at the Temple of the Way of Light, but I've had to spend a lot of money on something unavoidable, so by my calculations, I won't be able to travel there until 2015. Not wanting to not try ayahuasca, I instead, traveled to Byron Bay a few weeks ago with my partner. I had heard that I'd be able to find ayahuasca there. I found a store where I felt the owner would know. Upon asking him, he took me to the back of the store.. where I thought he would share. But I think he was sussing me out, and basically said "I have access to it.. but you need to know people", and then it got awkward. I guess in his mind.. a tourist isn't someone he should be freely providing info to.

A lot of people on this thread have asked questions they probably shouldn't have, but I guess they don't know another way. Closer to home would probably be Torquay and according to Alex Gearin (

), there are many Aussie "facilitators" who were taught in the Amazon by shamans. If someone could PM me any info at all... at least some where I could go to ask someone or make friends with the right people, that would be awesome. I have severe OCD, and I think ayahuasca could teach me to let go of things.

Hi yvolution,

FINDING SOMEONE TO HELP:

I have always thought and felt that an open heart with good intentions is all a person needs in a search (doesn't matter what the search is for)...this is because when communicating to people, they need to feel comfortable and safe - and on a psychic level, these attributes will be read loud and clear!!! I think that also being calm and centered also helps - so that the psychic communication is clearer.

WHY THE DELAY:

Getting "there" (wherever this may be) may mean some insights or understandings are required...it may take time to obtain these. You may be preparing yourself for the experience without realising it.

A PERSONAL EXPERIENCE ON PEOPLE'S REACTIONS WHEN SEEKING AYA:

I recently had a person's name passed to me (regarding Aya sessions) whom I contacted via email. I was open and truthful, believing this would make the person feel comfortable. I sent it to their work, which is Aya friendly. I assumed such an email would lift their spirits (knowing qualified people are behind their work and willing to stand up and say so). This was the type of letter that if need be, could be shown in the courts as proof that there is a need for aya, thus could contribute in their defence. Unfortunately it was not taken this way - apparently I put them in a bad position with their boss and they were very angry with me, telling me they never want to hear from me again and that it was putting their business in jeapordy. So, I have learnt that the oppression which causes things to go underground is pretty significant when it comes to this subject - it's not like cannabis, where many people will openly admit to being a supporter...I'm not sure what makes it so different though. I hope it gets better soon. It gets me down - won't stop me though!!! The medicine is just too great to oppress (and personally, I won't do so by being afraid of the [fake] authority)!!!

SUCCESS:

I have not had success yet - but my research have led me to many plants within which are aya's major properties (ie. DMT). They are pretty much everywhere once you get to know em and their extraction is a simple process. I can see the difference in being self-facilitated over an experienced facilitator - and would like to know both.

PM me if you would like to catch up and chat about the subject. I am in the Lismore area and will travel to surrounding areas (ie. Byron etc).

Hope you find what your looking for soon.

Edited by Chrissy Star

Thanks Chrissy,
I don't yet have the ability to send private messages (as I'm new), but feel free to send me one so I can respond.

I can't go around calling out newbies just yet, but seriously... there is so much information available on this site, let alone the entire internet, to get you from point A (where you are) to point B (where you want to be). Connect the dots, and be patient... not everything in this world comes in a pill you can swallow.

• Like 1

You should never self-facilitated. This gift from god should always be treated with respect. When the darkness (possible) came upon me. and I wasn't strong enough to defend myself. My shaman came to my aid. Its as more important to find the right guide than aya itself at times. Good luck

Edited by Yem27

message me. I'll send you GPS co-ordinates to a time capsule in a remote location, which contains a whole lot of USB keys containing snapchat login details.

• Like 1

message me. I'll send you GPS co-ordinates to a time capsule in a remote location, which contains a whole lot of USB keys containing snapchat login details.

so what are your 3 interests?

• Like 1

...this post have transformed to something else, hasn't it? ....if it hasn't - what am I missing ??? What has a timecapsule, snapchat and 3 interests of folias got to do with Aya Ceremonies in Oz ?? All the best to you 2 who do understand, but could you please make yourselves a new post if it isn't relevant?

I consider this to be a serious issue - I am an environmental scientist and I wish to lean on aya as a resource. I plan to do this in much the same way that the dude who won a Nobel Prize for unravelling the mysteries of DNA used LSD. Psychoactives can solve big problems that are otherwise too complex for the everyday mind.

See: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvZt9YrNCkE

So PLEASE - don't sidetrack the post !!

I think you should ask for the co-ordinates

• Like 1

I recently had a person's name passed to me (regarding Aya sessions) whom I contacted via email. I was open and truthful, believing this would make the person feel comfortable. I sent it to their work, which is Aya friendly. I assumed such an email would lift their spirits (knowing qualified people are behind their work and willing to stand up and say so). This was the type of letter that if need be, could be shown in the courts as proof that there is a need for aya, thus could contribute in their defence. Unfortunately it was not taken this way - apparently I put them in a bad position with their boss and they were very angry with me, telling me they never want to hear from me again and that it was putting their business in jeapordy. So, I have learnt that the oppression which causes things to go underground is pretty significant when it comes to this subject - it's not like cannabis, where many people will openly admit to being a supporter...I'm not sure what makes it so different though. I hope it gets better soon. It gets me down - won't stop me though!!! The medicine is just too great to oppress (and personally, I won't do so by being afraid of the [fake] authority)!!!

I am sorry but this makes me wonder.... I don't think this is a sidetrack....I think some reflection is needed.

• Like 1

I am sorry but this makes me wonder.... I don't think this is a sidetrack....I think some reflection is needed.

Could you explain what you mean by sidetrack please?

I think this is VERY relevant to this post....some may consider it a sidetrack...I do not

I think you need to read your quote and then reflect on it....

EDIT - you raised the term sidetrack above...

So PLEASE - don't sidetrack the post !!

EDIT - I am not going to bang my head against the wall on this....If you can't see it you shouldn't be poking around such things if they exist IMO

EDIT - Lets be blunt then.....I think your tunnel vision approach can put others and yourself at risk

Edited by waterboy
  • Like 3

I have always thought and felt that an open heart with good intentions is all a person needs in a search (doesn't matter what the search is for)...this is because when communicating to people, they need to feel comfortable and safe

Perhaps this is part of the reason you are having trouble. Because in this instance, the people you're looking for might want to believe that they could rely upon your discretion, in order to feel "comfortable and safe" in helping you. And your openness doesn't really convey the kind of discretion that would make most people comfortable. Without reading the email in question, I think that the person you contacted probably made the right call. You said:

It's times like this that I observe that we live in a "nanny state & country". Know what I do? Follow my heart and ignore it all - put my head down and take the blows. Yes, sometimes I have trouble over it, but most times I don't. And I feel good on the inside (my heart and conscious), which to me is all that matters.

I'm happy that you feel good about yourself Chrissy, but in this situation you're asking someone else to risk taking the blows for you. Perhaps you will eventually find someone equally open, who is happy to take that risk. But don't be surprised if you don't find your shamanic soulmate - most people are more cautious than you are. Laws (and the consequences of breaking them) won't disappear just because you ignore them - when you're so "open and truthful" that you ignore that fact, you're pretty much just going back out the other side of "openness" and sticking your head in the sand.

It's not my intent to scold you here, I do however think that it's important that you understand why you're meeting so much resistance. And your approach hasn't changed much in the last 18 months, so I'm not sure that you get it.

• Like 7

Chrissy if your an environmental scientist and your location is sub-tropical Oz then you should be able to find a number of potent entheogens growing naturally in your environment (especially in the next few weeks ;]). Yes maybe a skilled shaman can make a session more rewarding for some people, but in the end nature is the best teacher. If you want to access Aya then one way to begin on the path is to grow the plants. WIthout even taking them they will begin to teach you things. Good luck!

• Like 4

Heya, I've only met resistance once - I don't get it all the time. In fact, it's usually quite the opposite. I included it here for others who are as open as me - so that they can maybe not make the same mistake I did. Just trying to help the whole community (which includes myself) tread lightly where is needed and communicate effectively where is needed.

Maybe the timecapsule comment is resistance too....a smart ass comment I didn't get or something? Maybe someone thinks I should just not even ask about this type of thing at all, ever....maybe I am on the wrong site? If anyone can suggest the appropriate one, please do.

And yes, I have many plants (around 7 different species that are happily growing around me all the time). And the collection is growing. They are mainly Aussie natives. If I count the ones not in my garden - wow!!! LOTZA different species !!!! I am yet to delve into these - as mother earth intends us.

I have been told of an indigenous lady who is willing to talk to me about spiritual matters. I am glad my search started. Acacia is calling.

I am so sorry to have offended the dear soul who felt I put them in a position they did not ask for - this was not my intention. Communication is a delicate thing. I think until the community becomes more accepting (ie. it reaches levels of acceptance akin to cannabis) then I will probably continue to meet others who feel I am putting them in bad situations (maybe just by bringing up the subject - even in private places). To those people, please know that all you have to do is say "I have no idea what you are talking about". Then there won't even been a topic to talk about.

Strength to you.

Laws (and the consequences of breaking them) won't disappear just because you ignore them - when you're so "open and truthful" that you ignore that fact, you're pretty much just going back out the other side of "openness" and sticking your head in the sand.
Openness is not sticking your head in the sand. It means different things for different people. At one point in my life I wrote to the government about overcrowding in prisons (yes, I have been a few times)...to my suprise my letter was a topic in a justice class my brother (of all people) took when he went to uni. It obviously made a difference. I don't know if you would class that as sticking your head in the sand. I kinda feel like I made a difference - took my own blows and won, almost.
Strength to you.

EDIT - I withdraw my helpful sarcasm...

I hope your approach does not get someone a lag in prison Chrissy....

Edited by waterboy

Heya, I've only met resistance once - I don't get it all the time. In fact, it's usually quite the opposite.

I was talking about the resistance you've encountered here as well.

At one point in my life I wrote to the government about overcrowding in prisons (yes, I have been a few times)...to my suprise my letter was a topic in a justice class my brother (of all people) took when he went to uni. It obviously made a difference. I don't know if you would class that as sticking your head in the sand. I kinda feel like I made a difference - took my own blows and won, almost.

Sorry, I didn't mean to offend. I wasn't saying that fucked situations shouldn't be fought against. They should, and I admire those who are willing to stick their necks out to help improve our world. But in my view at least, this doesn't extend to putting other people at risk. A letter about prison conditions puts no one else at risk. Asking openly for an illegal drug hookup, on the other hand, does. Because as much as we might wish it otherwise, or fight to have those laws changed, aya is currently illegal in this country. Asking for it openly puts other people at risk, and I don't think this is acceptable behaviour. Do you understand the difference between the two situations you've described?

You're obviously a passionate person, and I believe you will benefit from the experience you seek. Just don't become too fixated - I've seen people become obsessed with things like this, thinking "oh, this is an experience I must have to proceed with my development/ recovery / enlightenment / art / life" - don't get stuck in that trap and think that you need psychedelics to continue your work. Take the help if it comes, but don't put your life on hold waiting for it. I wish you luck with your search.

• Like 3

As a wise someone once expressed it to me:

"The vine has called you now, it's only a matter of time"

Your intention is obviously set, now of course is the waiting game.

I agree completely with sentiments expressed recently, in that this site is expressly NOT for straight hit ups re illicits.

Such behaviour not only puts you and others at risk, but in the end the whole community as well. Martyrdom will not see you in the position that you seek, Mother Aya certainly can't reach you in a cell.

INSERT CLICHE: 'All things come to (s)he who waits...' AND 'Patience is a virtue' :wink:

Good luck, and please know I am smiling as I type this. :)

I look forward to your meeting for you, as I'm sure you'll get there in the end.

• Like 2

My comments are serious and yet taking the piss.

People are so fearful of big brother in this country, I've always found it quite silly how immediately people will default to a fear based position which takes red tape nanny state BS seriously!

• Like 1

People are so fearful of big brother in this country, I've always found it quite silly how immediately people will default to a fear based position which takes red tape nanny state BS seriously!

And why shouldn't it be taken seriously? Like it or not, this is the society that we choose to live in. If you had a criminal record which limited your career/travel/employment opportunities which was handed down for minor drug charges, then you might sing a different tune. People do get into legal trouble over this stuff, it happens all the time. Maybe it matters little to people who are on a spiritual quest who feel little want or need to participate in society anyway. But if years down the track they change their mind and decide to live "a normal life", the consequences of breaking the "red tape" in their younger years can be crippling.

Don't sacrifice tomorrow through recklessness today.

• Like 2

It shouldn't be taken seriously because it is a big pile of steaming BS!

>People do get into legal trouble over this stuff, it happens all the time.

Ayahuasca? No they don't!

Besides, there are employers who would probably more likely employ you if you had a criminal record for possession of DMT.

A criminal record will not hinder your travel. The only country I know which prevents people from traveling with a criminal record is the U.S. and I know people who go there anywhere with a criminal record.

Point is people are all worked up and fearful about these 'laws', as if they are going to get sent to Jail for posessing a plant that contains a schedule one compound.

'Drug' laws are BS and everyone knows it. If you are ever get caught - your judge, your lawyer and the cop that charges you likely breaks the law quite regularly themselves. Simple posession in Australia may not even get you a real conviction in Australia if it is your first time. Honestly, it is not like police are around every corner looking to bust people for Ayahuasca or plant entheogens people here are most interested in.

Greg Kasarik told me he went to his local police station and declared he had a freezer full of mushrooms. All that happened is that the head sargaent took him aside and talked to him for an hour and they had a nice discussion about the drug laws.

For all the red tape BS we have in Australia (Nanny State Australia is a world leader in red tape BS!) , at least we have a police force who quite often have enough common sense to not fill up the system with victimless crimes.