The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Halcyon Daze

Lance my boil!

Wish I knew what to do with this boil, it's driving me nuts. I have no instruments to lance it with (other than a steak knife).

The local doctor is booked out too. Help me SAB!

post-8867-0-61678500-1341495262_thumb.jp

boil.jpg

boil.jpg

you don't have a pin/needle?

or google?

Boils usually take 4 to 7 days to form a head. The head will fill with white or yellow pus when it is ready to drain. Do not lance the boil before it comes to a head or it will do no good.
    Once the boil has come to head, you can lance it. Before you begin, clean your work area thoroughly and set out the alcohol, needle and bandage. Wash your hands and the boil with soap and water. Clean the area again with alcohol or hydrogen peroxide. Also sterilize the needle you are going to use to puncture the boil with alcohol.
    Brace yourself, because lancing a boil hurts.
    Very carefully insert the tip of the needle into the center of the pus in the head of the boil. You shouldn't have to go very deep with the needle at all.
    Gently squeeze the boil to force out all the infection. Immediately clean the boil of the pus using a soapy wash cloth or gauze pad. Wash your hands and the area around the boil very well so that you do not spread the infection. Let the area dry and cover with a dry bandage or gauze pad secured with medical tape.
    The boil might continue to ooze for a day or so. Wash the area and change the bandage often.

Tips & Warnings

• See your physician immediately if at any time the area around the boil becomes inflamed or red streaks start to radiate out from the boil.

Read more: How to Lance a Boil | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/...l#ixzz1zl76B0iH

Edited by nabraxas

i personally would find a lot of satisfaction from lancing that fucker. however,are you sure it's ready to get drained?

sorry, i just couldn't help myself:

that shit was off the hook!

almost spewed the first time i ever watched that. feel like spewing again.

put some "magnoplasm" on it. I had a 5 headed carbuncle on my cheek a few years back, that did the job. By the time the core came out, there was a hole the size of a 5 cent piece. Looked fuckin' disgusting, closed up pretty quick & only left a small scar...character marking.

• Like 1

Wish I knew what to do with this boil, it's driving me nuts. I have no instruments to lance it with (other than a steak knife).

The local doctor is booked out too. Help me SAB!

Don't those buggers HURT !. I had one under my arm as a kid and used magnoplasm with success.

Yours doesn't look ready yet Halcyon Daze. I would wait until i could see a head before i started gouging at it (bit like an over sized pimple hey).

*Toys with the idea of watching the clip faustus added...i know it will be gross, but i cant help but watch the video?!

EDIT: Thanks faustus !!! :puke: .

:)

Edited by Amazonian

It might sound a bit "old hand" but a warm potato poultice can help drawing that fecker to a head for the main event...lol

EDIT - Magnoplasm is good shit....

Edited by waterboy

cover the boil in tomato paste and ad pressure, bandaid or something. acidity will help ease the aching and 'draw that fecker to a head'. then, when you spear it, use a small amount of honey on it to keep sterile

old hand enough? lol

(my technique was came to via some quick and dodgy googling, i would be interested to see how it works if anyone has a boil they want to test it out on :P )

And for anyone who is thinking of watching the above video... At first its like a projectile vomit from the movie Exorcist, then its like when you squish Salada biscuits together and butter gushes out of the holes... That was as far as i could watch this morning.

@ Halcyon Daze, maybe you can do a progress report and photograph the boil as it grows/matures, maybe you can even give it a name, something like, um, Fester !. he he he . :P

:)

Edited by Amazonian
  • Like 1

Can't u just go to emergency at the hospital? Say that it's keeping u up and u haven't slept for 3 days. I've only ever had one boil, under my armpit which formed when I fell of a ladder, and a rung under the armpit broke my fall( right before falling on my head) apparently my lymph node took a major hit, which apparently can result in a massive boil forming.

Anyway it popped itself on the way to ega in Marcel's car. I'm still undergoing psychiatric treatment for that incident. I didn't get the core out, and as a result have me ongoing trouble until a few weeks ago. That's 6 months of it reemerging and irritation. Don't play with them.

Edit- magnoplasm is what I used to draw all the gunk out of mine, was what finally got it to heal. Apply it warm on the back of a bandaid.

Edited by incognito

That woman in the vid had some tricks up her sleeve, I liked it when she started shoving scissors into the wound and give him a good once over.

That is one fuckin gnarly boil. I'd magnoplasm it first definitely. All suggestions sound good :) Good luck!

thanks for the help guys n gals. I was crook all night and went to the doctor in the morning demanding to be seen, it was swollen as f#%k. The doctor was like WTF! and immediately put magnaplasm on it and booked me in to get it lanced. They gave me intravenous antibiotics and a cannula and I have to go back twice a day to get it drained etc.

Pretty nasty but I feel a bit better already, now that the pressure is down. The same doctor lanced it and dressed it, she was an angel.

I have a week off work, my boss was very understanding, he told me that he had to shoot his horse after it was bitten by a white-tail lol.

We think it was a spider bite which I think happened when I picked a forbidden mushroom.

so that's my interesting story for the week thanks again yo!

Edited by Halcyon Daze

edit.

Edited by Psylo Dread