The Corroboree
NSF

4 less SABers for a while??

i would hope our fellow sabers are a little smarter than that

shit happens every year

thats why i dont bother goin anywhere near there anymore

not worth the risk

• Like 3

what makes u assume that they are SABers NSF..? Don't u know that we are all law abiding citizens here & that our only interest is in cultivating plants not using some of them for their potential hallucinogenic properties.

• Like 4

Poor guys getting done for wet weight, most of it is probably water, picking while it's raining can double your weight

:(

• Like 1

Yeah that would blow :( 5kg or something? Was a mighty pile for sure.

Poor guys getting done for wet weight, most of it is probably water, picking while it's raining can double your weight

:(

That's the first thing I thought. Even if it wasn't soaking they'd still be largely water. Poor bastards :\

In the video it looks like they have gotten a few thousand subs.

friends of a friend (no, really) got caught picking over here. They were picking in the suburbs.. bad move.

Cops tried to tell them they would get off if they admitted they were magic or would get a sentence when they tested em later.

3 out of 4 called the bluff and counted on cops not knowing how to store shrooms for later testing or that they wouldn't go to the effort. the one that admitted got charged for possession of A Class drugs.

hope the perth po po are equally inept in this case.

Best of luck to those involved, lets hope they don't make up a "street value"

Edited by centipede
  • Like 1

In the video it looks like they have gotten a few thousand subs.

friends of a friend (no, really) got caught picking over here. They were picking in the suburbs.. bad move.

Cops tried to tell them they would get off if they admitted they were magic or would get a sentence when they tested em later.

3 out of 4 called the bluff and counted on cops not knowing how to store shrooms for later testing or that they wouldn't go to the effort. the one that admitted got charged for possession of A Class drugs.

If all four guys were together and one admitted they were magic. Wouldn't the cops bust all four?

I had a very close shave this season toying with a traffic island, lesson learnt. Getting busted puts pretty ugly mark on your permanent record and can really hurt you down the track when apply for jobs and applying for visas overseas.

Edited by Nemesis

You would think so. I'm no expert on the laws here or how often they are bent or forgotten for better or worse :P

I think each of the 4 had their own bag for the hunt.

I will try find the newspaper article, it just deals with the arrests, not with the actual outcome though.

good avatar by the way ;P

wow, looking at that pile of shrooms one might think it's karmic retribution for being greedy .....

• Like 2

wow, looking at that pile of shrooms one might think it's karmic retribution for being greedy .....

not so much greedy... more commercial quantity? intent to distribute??, thats how the court will prob see it, way too much for personal use only, no?

I don't think that's quite fair. If someone doesn't take them they will just go to waste. But, my first thoughts were that these were possibly first timers. Either that or they know enough who partake but don't hunt to be able to sell or give away a significant quantity.

Anyone who has ever picked that amount of any sort of mushroom will know that there's some work involved in picking, drying and storing. And with magic mushrooms, the actual amount any individual can consume for effect is self limiting.

• Like 1

not so much greedy... more commercial quantity? intent to distribute??, thats how the court will prob see it, way too much for personal use only, no?

And, of course, the prosecutor will provide references that show that the average dose is about 30mg of the active constituents, and conclude that there are almost a million doses in 5kg.

Heard somewhere they use pigs to find truffles.

• Like 4

5 kg fresh isn't that much. Assuming the 90% water weight ratio that would be ~500 g dried or 250-400 doses depending on tolerance. Split between 4 people that could just be reaping nature's bounty for a rainy day or future dry seasons.

Edited by mira

$50,000 LOL

I'd say 5kg wet could potentially end up as 100g dry though, 50 doses, $500.

That pile to me looks more around 100 doses, 200g dried, $1000 street value. In bulk.. some weirdos will pay mush mush more for them but I think anyone charging more than that is a douche...but each to their own.

I got all these figures from a book... that had a website, which told me... totally serious i swear.

anyway!

People pick large amounts for various reasons, some sell, some give away for free, some have no intention of either, go to the forest to pick a few doses between friends end up seeing ridiculous amounts, take them home, have no idea what to do with them and end up throwing them out.

The last prosecutor that tried to convict someone of selling 18g(off memory) of dried mushrooms saying they were 10,000 doses was blasted by the judge... so hopefully if the prosecutor tries to overreach it'll have a similar outcome.

• Like 2

Did you see that awful shit they picked i wouldn't even eat that let alone buy it

Did you see that awful shit they picked i wouldn't even eat that let alone buy it

Probably starting to rot due to mishandling.

i think the best way to prove your an idiot is to waste your time and taxpayers money chasing people for a few mushrooms LOL. have the powers in that neck of the woods totaly lost their mind? or perhaps they are just so so borred and have no real work to get into. i think australia is going mad / stupid. i mean, we used to pick those round 20 years ago as kids and police would drive by and they, nor anyone else cared about it at all.

anyhow, i got to try and find a way to get some money and FAST, as i got to get my next "hit" of these addictive life destroying mushrooms! realy wish i didnt ever touch them all those years ago. they realy wrecked me =P hahahahahahahhahaahahhaa australia..

jokes..

come on guys n gurls, stick your head up your ar$* and sing the national anthem with me =)

I think they would be out on the prowl because of that woman that recently died, ordered by the higher powers. Unless this is a common occurrence each season? Defiantly will set an example for everyone else planning on picking. Theres going to be alot more low key adventures for us good folks. I guess though, if the arrestees wouldnt have been so greedy, maybe they would have been able to hide their personal fruits. Cause that was one hell of a pile lol

wow, a couple of hundred dollars a dose! lol

I know the media are just parroting the line given by the cops, but it's obviously good for their ratings to sensationalise these things, and they have a responsibility to get their facts straight. It's debatable whether mushrooms have any street value at all, as to have value, you also need customers willing to pay for them, and with the popularity and availability of other drugs, and the reluctance of most people to try psychedelics, it unlikely that anyone can actually sell mushrooms "on the street". True, I'm sure in some circles they could be sold to acquaintances and friends (although I've never seen this done as in those circles people generally give them away anyway) but it's unlikely you could offload 5kg if you were asking money for them. Even then, you would be pushing it if you asked for more than a dollar a gram.

In w.a. There is a particular very small town and small towns surrounding and it's basically the only place in w.a. Where you can go and find subs growing around the forests and creeks ect

the cops know this pretty much every west Aussie knows this and so there are floods of people that go there every year

So the police from the surrounding towns all keep a very close eye on things when the season starts

They even go as far as walking and driving around the pine forests looking for people out there picking

They'll pretty much just search your car if your seen driving anywhere around there and look a bit sus

• Like 1

well, if im over that way and decide i might look for them outa boredom, i will remember to wear me old man mask and clothes =) i love to keep people guessing lol.