The Corroboree
niggles

Why maccas looks edible in the ads but not in person

maccas does have lovely clean toilets though (usually)

i walked in on a lady having a baby in the cavel ave macca's on the goldy. there was blood everywhere. iv been there a few times since and i swear its the dirtiest toilets iv ever been to

Are you sure it was a baby? Maybe she'd eaten a burger and her body was exploding...? :o

Edited by IndianDreaming
  • Like 2

i love mcdonalds, they always manage to feed me for under 10 dollars, without the use of amicrowave (like hungry jacks). this ad is clever, too. people would expect them to say 'we incase it in silicone...' or something but just carefully arranging condements and photoshopping off seasame seeds isn't so bad, and people will say 'that isn't so bad' and go to buy their own quarter pounder to check for bun shrinkage. i love mcdonalds. .

If their product was great - it wouldn't need photoshopping at all - just get it off the shelf and take a picture - they're selling lies by doing that! Hehe, I must admit - I still drool when i think of it - but its ruined for me now, if i eat it i get sick. I guess my body is operating on a different path now. dionysus - eat one for me!

We call it McChucks in our family. My kids like it, but there isn't anything there for a veg head, so we go to hungry jacks as they have a vegie burger thing. Being the sole meal preparer of the household, I get sick of cooking forever, so we get take aways once a week. In my family we all have different tastes and its hard to compromise, so we end up doing the rounds of the takeaway food shops. I like the noodle/Chinese shops or pizza, and the others like pizza, KFC and Hungry jacks. We rarely go to Macdonalds, unless one off the kids have a friend over who will only eat McChucks!?!

When my kids were little, and we were going on a long drive, we would stop and buy them some french fries and nuggets to keep them quiet in the car....Years later... you pull out the back seat of the car to give it a good clean before selling, and there it is.... the McDonalads......looking exactly the same as the day you bought it all those years ago.

:)

i must say, i can't bring myself to eat a quarter pounder (or, especially, a double quarter pounder). that is just far too much mcdonalds for me. i do fully understand where all other arguments are coming from, i just think like everything else there is still a percentage of people that don't abuse the goodness. been strange since that fast food recipe book came out, haven't heard of any clandestine food bootlegging operations, can't quite be as bad as meth.

I think that there are too many healthier alternatives (that also taste way better) for people to use the excuse that it tastes so good, and it's okay to have it sometimes - 'everything in moderation', etc. If you can't be bothered making your own, healthier burgers are all over the place now (grill'd is awesome), same with chips and stuff. I do understand that it's convenient and cheap, but I think people have become so abusive of their bodies and health on a global scale, the excuse of "it's cheap and it tastes good" has just gone way too far. Everyone is capable of budgeting and making an allowance to actually put worthwhile shit in their bodies. Amazingly enough what we feed ourselves is vital to our overall existence as a human, and I personally wouldn't want to taint my body with shit like maccas.

I haven't eaten that kind of fast food (kfc/maccas/hj's etc.) since I was a kid, and even then I rarely ever had it, it was a "special treat" my mum would buy me. I haven't missed it. The smell and thought makes me sick.

Maccas isn't even close to the worst of it though, there are so many aditives in our food today that are so incredibly harmful, and most people are completely uneducated about it, don't know any better, and feed it to their kids, not just themselves. At least Mcdonalds doesn't really disguise its poison as being healthy, plenty of supermarket food does.

Sorry if I sound all high and mighty or anything, I just really despise the fast food industry, and the general way in which food/nutrition has totally gone to shit in the past few decades. So much of today's common food is truly so harmful to the body and mind, and it's so difficult to find healthy alternatives that are readily available and don't cost a fortune. But an obvious change I think everyone can make to benefit their nutrition and health is to stop eating fast food like Mcdonalds.

• Like 2

I hate the way they use psy ops on my kids.

They create a hypnotic trance state and everytime the kids see one of the advertising hooks they snap back into the trance, some people are still under the spell into their 30's or even 40's

I decided to use my own counter propaganda on the kids from a young age.

I told them that there is a clown in there and his job is to shit into the thickshakes and wipe his arse on the buns. I also said that's why police are so angry - because they have to eat clown shit all the time (coincidently there is almost always a police car at mcdonalds when we go past)

If they are really naighty I threaten to take them to mcdonalds and make them eat the food.

They scream No and then they become calm & quiet.

• Like 4

I agree. Kids are so easy to brainwash. My kids rant and rave whenever we drive past McDonalds. My 6 year old begins lecturing everyone on the destruction of the rainforests and my 3 year old makes vomit noises. When we car pool other kids to school, they get a pro bono lecture from my sons. My in-laws think we're denying them the simple happinesses of life.

Funny thing is that whenever we're on a road trip and we've been in the car for 8 hours and we only have 2 hours to go, and we haven't eaten since breakfast, and there's nothing to eat on the highway, and we say "fuck it" and stop for a drive thru, my boys manage to silence their ranting and look as pleased as if I took them to freaking heaven.

Talk about prohibition creating a demand!

• Like 1

Fighting propaganda with propaganda only confuses the world. We all do it to a degree though through our influence.

PR is horrible imo... I don't like the idea of influencing/being influenced by other people.

I eat Fast Food all the time. I used to spend hours a week preparing food for myself but with Fast FoodI can spend more time doing the things I love, like cutting down forests and torturing livestock. Thankyou Fast Food!

"and the delicious pure liquid pig fat shake..." LOL classic =)