The Corroboree
theuserformallyknownasd00d

melbourne earthquake

Was just about to post about this.

I'm outer eastern Melbourne and my whole house shook far more than the two other quakes I've experienced so far.

Was pretty freaky actually, ran outside and alarms and dogs were going off all over the neighborhood.

Most of my mates felt it and were a bit weirded out too.

I could'nt imagine a massive one. That would be some scary apotalyptic type shit.

• Like 1

It has been upgraded to 5.5 on the Richter scale. It shook for ages hey. I have never felt a quake like that.

:)

ive been around a few but never felt one, always seem to miss out some how,

funny thing is i know exactly where i was when tonights one hit, on the bloody toilet, still didnt feel it

• Like 3

the epicentre was in moe apparently. anyone live around there?

ive been around a few but never felt one, always seem to miss out some how,

funny thing is i know exactly where i was when tonights one hit, on the bloody toilet, still didnt feel it

Maybe you caused it xD

• Like 5

bring on the aftershocks, im ready now

the epicentre was in moe apparently. anyone live around there?

Yeah, my old girlfriend! she rang me in a real state, she said it was BIG and lasted for ages. She had to hide under the table and it sounded scary like rolling thunder.

I told her to sleep with her shoes on and warm clothes too and a torch in-case she has to flee the house during the night.

She's pretty scared! What should she do?

Edited by Halcyon Daze

To HD,

dir sir

as young,fit,Australian,Victorians we always live in hope.

lets prey for all the missing budgies out there after such a horrendous event.

• Like 2

we had one over here in W.A. a couple yrs ago scared the absolute shit outta me i didnt know what the fuck was goin on

you dont exactly expect earthqaukes here in oz

What? I don't believe youse.

She's pretty scared! What should she do?

Tell her to come over to your place for snuggles? Hey, you're only trying to help, right?

• Like 2

The quake was downscaled to 5.3, and they reckon it went for like about 40 seconds or something. I did begin to worry when it hadn't passed after a few seconds, and part of me imagined the worst,... like full on destruction, and maybe the end of earth?!.. (i was straight by the way).

Edited by Amazonian

LOL Thanks for the support guys. I think she was worried about being crushed to death in her sleep, -silly girl.

I did find out that it's no good hiding under a table etc, if the roof collapses the table won't save you.

So if a quake hits, get outa the house pronto.

My Grandma had her brick house completely rebuilt in the newcastle quakes way back. Don't say it can't happen in Australia.

So thats the second quake I have slept through.

Slept through a 6.6 in thailand that threw my friend out of bed by hitting her with the wall.

Had great dreams but!

(i was straight by the way).

Haha - was anyone high during it? I would quite like to hear someone's impression of what it would be like if you were loaded / stoned out of your gourd and then the whole room starts rumbling and shaking.

So thats the second quake I have slept through.

Slept through a 6.6 in thailand that threw my friend out of bed by hitting her with the wall.

Had great dreams but!

haha my girlfriend was so angry she missed the one we had over here she was asleep right next to me while i was still awake watching tv

by the time i started to freak out enough to wake her up it stopped haha

i was listening to some pretty hard drum and bass at the time and had a complete john cage moment...

I was thinking to my self - wow what a bassline...took me a few seconds to figure out that it wasn't the tune,

absolute best bass wobble i've ever heard!!

• Like 1

My Grandma had her brick house completely rebuilt in the newcastle quakes way back. Don't say it can't happen in Australia.

Hey I was in Newcastle when that quake hit, visiting my Grandma! We were in the cinema, waiting for the movie to start, with maybe 7 other people when it hit, I got bumped up and down on my seat and all the lights and screen went out. We wen't outside and I'm like "It can't have been an earthquake, we don't have earthquakes in Australia Grandma!" (I was 7 lol...)

I'm almost 30 now, and to this day I have never watched the movie we went to see (All Dogs Go To Heaven) :(

Edited by Alice

after floods expect earth quakes

And why is that Pete? What is the connection between rainfall and seismic activity?

queensland would be in ruins then?

And why is that Pete? What is the connection between rainfall and seismic activity?

tectonic plates like all things natural form an equilibrium

as the weather is out of equilibrium = floods

water is heavy and it changes tectonic equilibria

its still early days the weather changes we will get, flooding/earthquakes etc..

i can ad more input if needed