The Corroboree
incognito

Swab test

Tomorrow I have to do a rail safety course for work, and boss told me today part of it is a medical which includes being breathalyzed AND a swab test !!!

How the guck am u gonna pass a swab test? I been smoking like a chimberly the last 3 months... Should I just have a sicky and be done with it?

Swabs pick up thc traces in ur saliva within 24 hours.... Right??

nah, more like 12 hours id say. as long as you are not stoned you should be fine.

If I can get a deffo on 12 hrs I'll do it, otherwise I'm going with a sicky! Can't stuff all this up just for erb. If I had of known a swab test comes with the job I would've Neva taken it in the first place!!

Most of the reading I've done indicate 3 days, some say even longer depending on saturation levels.

incognito, to start; Good luck :) .

I did a roadside swab test last month, I had indulged 7&1/2 hours before this :o I really thought I was GONE.

The cop that took the test walked back to the van, then the local cop came over & ask me If I thought I would pass(I think he knows I like a smoke), I told him I with out a problem :wink:

5 minutes late both the cops were talking at the back of my car, after another 5 minutes he came over & said "Get Out Of Hear!!"

The problem with this is; I dont know if I passed or if my local cop put in a nice word for me??

I have been told that after 24hours you should be right.Who really knows?

GOODLUCK

Edited by Jox

Hey Mate! Hope you're not working too hard..

Not 100%, but I think THC can remain for up to three days.. I think it has something to do with the cells in you mouth being replaced.. (every24-72 hrs)

edit: oh... you saw the 3 day thing too??? I'd go with a sicky mate...

Edited by sethomopod

I read somewhere that rinsing your mouth out with Hydrogen peroxide 1 hour prior to the test will mask any THC's in your saliva.

I would be confident after 12 hours but would try for 24. I would also be very carefull with masking agents. Mind you I had my dentist suggest years ago if I had regular contact with THC to rinse my mouth out with bi carb after to neutralize my mouth allowing it to produce saliva again. The dentist never said it would pass any test only indicated it assist return the saliva to neutral to prevent tooth decay.

I was thinking of just sticking the swab in my mouth without Even touching my toungue or gums, pretend to have a scrub and hand it back.

I'm going with a sicky for safety sake. Will tell em I'll do the course (again) when I get back from nam'.

It's dumb, I've done the course before and did

Alot of my workmates exams for them as they couldnt read or write. I just have to do the medical which is a total gip as I never actually go near trains per say, yet I still have to do the course again just to get the medical (prolly cos I have to help colleagues do their exams)

And if I wasn't master of sickys could well lose my job for, a sprung on

Drug test.

Te way out company is safety mad it would just be "seeya, your a danger" with which I agree if I was operating a loader etc

The drug laws suck in my case I truly truly believe.

Edited by incognito

They take the swab, they don't hand it to you to scrape your tongue unfortunately...

^^ Maybe I was violated... Long time ago now though, when they very first came out.

Edited by IndianDreaming

Just curious what is a sticky?

Well I don't know if this is the same swab test they do with thier new drug bus

But that test is only sposed to be 4 hours any longer and it won't pick anything up

I had a friend got busted, she reckoned 10-12hrs & ur safe. Apple cider vinegar is supposed to be the go. I've got friends who carry it around in the car with them...just incase.

Good Luck Incog... :scratchhead:

i know of at least 2 people who have smoked within the hour of the test and passed.

Good luck incog. Fingers crossed mate, hope it all goes well for ya.

at best those tests are inconclusive unless you have smoked in the previous couple of hours.

@IndianDreaming, I have never & would never let somebody else stick a swab in my mouth!

When I have done them the cop or person has explained how to do it & then you do it yourself.

Good luck incognito.

Same, Borg times I've been swabbed by police they have handed it to me and explained what to do. It's cool im just dodging tomorrow completely.

Aren't you worried that you'll raise a flag by calling in sick for a scheduled drug test?

Deal with that later on if it comes up, which it won't. It's a stupid test that goes with working in rail danger zones. Which I don't.

Apparently u have to do star jumps as well??

It's a train freight company's own medical team.

They are like the mafia, huge dollars involved, they don't wanna risk it on stoners. Which is a fair call. I'd be more testing for a diverse genetic pool. That's where their company loses money.

Edited by incognito

It's been covered but the only time I've had the swab i had been smoking only 1.5 to 2 hours max before and was expecting to get busted, the first swab I tried to do what you said and pull it over my tongue loosely but that wasn't enough and a senior cop came over and told her to do it again than said "see it's changing now" after the second swab but then a few minutes later i was all clear B) .

It scared the shit out of me though as i was pretty sure i was fucked but i think it comes down to luck if its recent. I had also been smoking something else that they don't test for only minutes before so don't know if that might of helped either.

Anyway good luck if you decide to go in. Edit - I would think you should be fine though

Edited by levicacti

Just curious what is a sticky?

Do you mean 'sicky' jwerta?

:)

Do you mean 'sicky' jwerta?

hahahahaha omg lol okay i guess i need to get my eyes checked :)

I swear it said sticky....

* whispers.. Psst.. hey jwerta..... don't worry... i read it as 'sticky' aswell.. LOL.

• Like 1