The Corroboree
Stillman

Albino and variegated traits in Trichocereus seedlings

Thanks Berenger,

I had mine in the same spot for most of it's short life. I moved it to another spot a few days before it died. It may have gotten a little more sun in the new spot and that may have been what did it. I had also just recently watered the peres it was grafted to, so that could have been the cause also. This was my first success at grafting a small seedling, so I wasn't real sure how to take care of it. I hadn't given it much water and was waiting a week or so after the soil dried to water again. This past time I think I watered sooner. It developed a black spot on top which slowly over a 24 hour period withered to nothing. :BANGHEAD2:

Cool thing is, there is a next time!

• Like 1

It seems to be enjoying it's new body. :)

post-13452-0-18715300-1443872281_thumb.j

post-13452-0-18715300-1443872281_thumb.jpg

post-13452-0-18715300-1443872281_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Thanks! :)
It's one of my current favorites and I'll try to propagate it as much as I can, so I guess I'll have to think of a cheesy 'clone name', like 'sunshine', 'celestial bliss' or 'golden shower' or something. :)

• Like 4

Thanks! :)

It's one of my current favorites and I'll try to propagate it as much as I can, so I guess I'll have to think of a cheesy 'clone name', like 'sunshine', 'celestial bliss' or 'golden shower' or something. :)

'yellow snow'

post-16940-0-03867500-1444630261_thumb.j

I hope this little guy can stay alive long enough for my grafting skills to develop.

post-16940-0-03867500-1444630261_thumb.jpg

post-16940-0-03867500-1444630261_thumb.jpg

Hey ferret, what's your process there? Germinate in vitro for simplicity (or space?), then graft? Or are you treating the seeds with something to induce variegation (etc.), then grafting?

I'm assuming that you are not transferring to another medium after germination (due to high risk of loss), but maybe I'm wrong here.

• Like 1

Hey ferret, what's your process there? Germinate in vitro for simplicity (or space?), then graft? Or are you treating the seeds with something to induce variegation (etc.), then grafting?

I'm assuming that you are not transferring to another medium after germination (due to high risk of loss), but maybe I'm wrong here.

planning to get them multiplying in vitro, then use those tips for grafting. no chems used to induce variegation just freaky seeds, i started some earlier in the year which pretty much all turned out variegate so thought would be a good one to get going in TC

• Like 5