The Corroboree
Jamison Schuetz

Ganoderma?

Yes it is legal in australia, it grows here naturally. but it is a restricted import though. unprocessed ganoderma requires an import permit, and heavily processed ganoderma falls under the Human therapeutics and medicines guidelines.

as far as importing cultures or live samples they would be a prohibited import.

Google it, there is information available.

Cheers, Obtuse.

[edit]: as pointed out in another post;

This commodity is classified as a Category 2 assessment for the purposes of determining the Import Permit fee rate that applies. The fee rate is $80.00 (for any assessment period up to 1 hour) and $40.00 for each quarter hour, or part of a quarter hour, after the 1-hour period. Note that in addition to the assessment fee, an electronic lodgement fee of $85.00 or a manual lodgement fee of $150.00 also applies.

An assessable item means an item identified on an Import Permit application as consisting of goods of a class imported, or to be imported, from a particular country for a particular use.

Edited by obtuse

Any restrictions on cultivating it here Obtuse?

I've talked to the state quarantine and they haven't mentioned it...

In Tasmania Ganoderma applanatum is listed in the Tasmanian Plant Quarantine Act 1997 under Section 11, as a List A disease. It is the only Ganoderma listed though, but we all know this is the one sought after for traditional medicine purposes.

I would assume then you would not be allowed by this act to cultivate this particular species, as it would be considered cultivating the "disease".

I have spoken to a few people who find it rather bizarre that it is listed, as it is such a well known species, amongst the most well known of the brackets here in tasmania, and given it is so common should not necessarily pose a risk if cultivated.

Omsource, you would need to look into your own state quarantines act and list of diseases.

Cheers, Ob.

thanks for that! I have spoken to each state quarantine regarding shipping mushroom cultures, it seems to be an area where no one knows much.

Ive also been looking for these, Ive been taking it to sort out a broken sleep pattern and it worked where other drugs failed truly a miraculous fungi.

• Like 2

Going to have a few spare 100ml bottles of tincture if any one is keen to trade or buy.(cheap- got to cover costs though). The tincture is made with medicinal/ food grade ethanol.

Avail in about 2 weeks.

If interested pm me please.

I would be interested in any feedback on this product if there are any takers. numerous health benefits.....

I didn't grow this one but just seeing if any interest? Trying to grow at the mo, still early days though.

Cheers

Sorry for the thread hijack!

Edited by altenate
  • Like 1