The Corroboree

Question

Hi folks I have been trying to Id a Cactus I was given 5yrs ago. I believe it may be a type of Trichocereus and if what type? I have looked at alot of Cacti and still am not sure. So I have come to the experts, what do you think? I will ge giving away all the cuttings I have in the forums here too, let me know if you are interested.

A quick thanks to this awesome community. I have found many answers with the knowledge shared here over the years.

Mother Plant

Mother Plant

Cutting

Cutting

Cutting

Cutting

12 answers to this question

Sorry, i do not have a name for the cactus, but they look super healthy hey. I just wanted to say ....welcome to the Forum Nothink.

:)

Thankyou, I was embarrassed to post photos as the Cacti have never been loved. I am currently mapping out a Cacti garden and learning how to keep them happy.

Looks Pachanoid. Also looks interesting. Welcome to the forums.

• Like 1

They look like pachanoi to me

Trichocereus of some sort. Maybe a very large Pachanoi or something in between. But you know what, it also reminds me a bit of a Riomizquensis. But if you hear hooves, think horse not zebra so i go with Pachanoi.

Edit: But Riomizquensis is definately a very good option too. The shape of the Ribs looks very much like it.

Edited by Evil Genius

A warm welcome from me too Nothink :)

If i read correctly and you do give away some cuts, I would love to add this one to the collection. (pm'd)

Seconded, I would love a cut of that beast, the seccond cutting picutered looks very interesting

I bet its a Hamilton's clone of some sort I have a few little ones that I think may be similar. Nice solid looking trich indeed. If your in the greater Brisbane region pm me I might be able to trade you something for a piece.

Welcome nothink :(

First pic definatly looks interesting but the second looks more PC pach :scratchhead:

Good looking plant ether way

Now I need to google Riomizquensis

Cheers

Got

check out Mr smiths pic post 41 on that link pretty close I reckon and possibly what you might have..maybe lol

DSCF2182.jpg

Cheers for for the Welcome Guys,

Riomizquensis definately looks interesting and similar. I had not come across this look alike yet. Can anyone verify how tall Riomizquensis can grow? I read up to 8ft somewhere. I ask because the Cacti I have, have reached over 12ft before the wind or I have taken them down.

And yes yes yes happy to give all my extra cuttings away. Pickup/meetup in Brisbane region is welcomed, as far as posting goes I will look into cost/laws and am sure we can work something out.

I am aware they look diferent in the photos but all the cuttings have come off 1 of the 5 original. All 5 originals were also off the same Cacti. Which make me wonder if the diference in the Cacti is a result of different growing conditions.

• Like 1