The Corroboree
Sign in to follow this  
Acacia King

Sida Cordifolia

comparing bala to gear is why we have issues in Australia....

There is NO comparison:wink:

Bala has centuries of usage in many traditional medicine systems.

This includes using various parts (alone or in mixtures) of the plant for a wide range of ailments, and a range of preparations.

What is the purpose for one wanting to grow this apart from asthma, speed and ice is cheap as chips and readily available to those who go that path, behold the hell to come, i was taking large steps over those lines at the bottom of electric doors at servos, yes funny but so fucked up, i love dreaming and this type of shit is the destroyer of dreams

the placebo effect may have been in play for me, but a few grams of the root from an older plant give you 36-48 hours of wakey time that is then over come by a normal 8 hour sleep with little energy lag. more importantly it doesn't interfere with things that speed or ice would otherwise affect. The purpose for me is extended evenings ,)

• Like 1

^^^^ 

thanks for sharing...

it's interesting that we have reports of traditional smoking for both ephedra and sida sp. in mexico... 

Pat Uri> 

didn't know ephedra is cured as well

Glaukus>

thanks for the seed mate

Is there anything I should know about its cultivation?

P:S well there are several scientific papers on sidas... a new monograph? :) 

this paper is pretty interesting

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17402065

but if 5000 grams of dried material (rhombifolia) stems, leaves) contain 660 mg phens and 234 mg (pe+e) , would a stimulation be justified?? it seems too low to my inexperienced eye but I dont know how phens act.. or if any synergy with the other 2 types of alkaloids present in the plant accur .. What do you think?

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 1

Sida rhombofolia sprouted in just 2 days

• Like 2

I think i've only just realised it grows wild at my place... 

sida.JPG

sida.thumb.JPG.b5a99cb73820c99b7e50288495907662.JPG

sida.thumb.JPG.b5a99cb73820c99b7e50288495907662.JPG

• Like 2

Sida rhombfolia , very vigorous seedlings , and they germinate very easy.. they're still in a shallow tray 

DSCN1118.jpg

DSCN1118.thumb.jpg.aeb09fc4df4b0fdd519f386924b51df0.jpg

DSCN1118.thumb.jpg.aeb09fc4df4b0fdd519f386924b51df0.jpg

Edited by sagiXsagi
  • Like 3

On ‎23‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 8:09 PM, AbleKay said:

the placebo effect may have been in play for me, but a few grams of the root from an older plant give you 36-48 hours of wakey time that is then over come by a normal 8 hour sleep with little energy lag. more importantly it doesn't interfere with things that speed or ice would otherwise affect. The purpose for me is extended evenings ,)

I haven't tried Sida myself but I would have thought it would cause some sort of uppity at least if not a high... what about ephedra? anyone ever get a high or decent stimulation from tea or chewing twigs? if so it would be interesting to see a comparison between the two!

• Like 1

I live in zone 7 and I grew one of these out by seed about 3 years ago not expecting much from it. I uprooted the 3 year old plant a couple weeks ago , cleaned the roots, ground them up and seeped them in hot water. It was a slow coming effect but a BIG burst of energy hit me about an hour and a half later. I was really surprised!

I now add this to me Klip Dagga and passion flower teas (taste is a bit woody on its own but adding Passion Flowers really makes it much more pleasant) that I make nearly every morning (in SMALL amounts depending on how tired I am) and it seems to work like a strong caffeine for me now.

Be careful though because this plant seeds like WILDFIRE!!! I now have it growing nearly everywhere in my garden now. It's become 1 hell of a pest to get rid of where I don't want it to grow :angry: Much like planting Passiflora incarnata in your yard (as it begins to take over the entire yard within 2 years)   :slap:

Good Luck and be careful not to let it seed so much. Cutting the flowers off as they close is probably your best choice to keep them from taking over.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the valuble info dude, was there any sense of euphoria with the energy boost? will definitely have to keep it on a short leash from the sounds of it!

• Like 1

I have to admit that it is pretty pleasant. I wouldn't consider it Euphoric so much as just energetic and heavily active. I have a ton of roots (young and old) as well as a bunch of seed if anyone is interested in growing it out :) 

• Like 1

Just remember to give it at least 2 years growing in nutrient rich potting soil before you harvest. I harvested at 3 years so wait if you can. 

• Like 2