The Corroboree
omsource

Indoor Oyster Kits

Setting up your own online store now days is relatively easy. Very few fees for using Paypal or similar payment processors.

I've been using omsources dowels, and promoting them (and his spawn) through the courses I've been running with Milkwood.

I think these kits are great, very professional looking.

Not sure if Permaculture students, who have learned to make their own, would be the best market..."give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day, teach him how to fish and he can eat forever"...but hey, for some folks this would be the quick and easy way, and might get them inspired to learn more.

Tripsis-you're welcome to borrow my flow hood.

• Like 1

Check out the attachment and lemme know what you guys think!

Hey they're great- really professional looking! Congratulations :)

I'll keep them in mind for Xmas presents, I know quite a few people who would love to start growing, especially if you could guarantee they'd get results.

Three of the biggest barriers I've found to getting people interested in growing their own oysters is

a) the fear that whatever is coming out of the bag mightn't be a safe, edible mushroom ( your pic on the pack would help them feel comfortable with the ID )

B) oftentimes conditions aren't right to fruit and they don't understand the process cos they think it's like plants and want fruit *now*

c) what, to us, looks like a really well colonised spawn bag seems to them like a dangerous amateurish sludge which could produce anything at all

I reckon you'll inspire and impress heaps of people and you're on a winner. Love it

Edited by Darklight
  • Like 1

Thanks Darklight!

heres some pics we've been working on, more to come soon :lol:

post-7450-0-26770800-1339136986_thumb.jp

post-7450-0-26770800-1339136986_thumb.jpg

post-7450-0-26770800-1339136986_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

how much the box can produce? 0.5 kg only?

Nice stuff, realy slick.

Have you thought about doing something like stamets 'life box' with the cardboard packaging?, maybe something down the line...

how much the box can produce? 0.5 kg only?

Yup that's standard, if you care for it well (mist it daily, soak it in water between flushes etc) then you can crop more.

Oyster mushrooms are fairly light compared to most other mushrooms so 1/2kg will make numerous meals!

Nice stuff, realy slick.

Have you thought about doing something like stamets 'life box' with the cardboard packaging?, maybe something down the line...

stamets is a big influence! the lifebox would be a great idea to incorporate...I reckon it's well locked down with patents though.

Looking forward to ordering one of these once u can send to wa.

• Like 2

ready to post! just got my first batch delivered to the local nursery last week!

Tripsis-you're welcome to borrow my flow hood.

Thanks Worowa, very much appreciated. Something I'll keep in mind, but the logistics of it would be quite difficult.

I've just participated in a training with Omsource and it was absolutely fascinating and I think all the other 12 people in the group would say the same. Omsource is surely highly motivated but most of all truely passionate about his work. A well of knowledge too, for the noob that I am. I came back from the course with an inoculated log and a nice hessian bag full of woodchips and spawn that we did during the day. Can't wait to see them fruiting.

I had a chance to look at your Oyster kits, inoculated dowels and other bags and I must admit everything looked very professional, neat and ready to hit the market! That's remarkable and inspiring!!

Keep up the excellent work!

Edited by Kodama

Recieved mine last week, very quick postage and professional packaging, looks beaut! My only question is can I remove the bag from the box or is it better to fruit it from the little flap provided on the box?

Recieved mine last week, very quick postage and professional packaging, looks beaut! My only question is can I remove the bag from the box or is it better to fruit it from the little flap provided on the box?

best to go from the flap d00d.

If you take the bag out of the box the oysters have a tendency to want to grow from all points.

Leaving it in the box keeps the mycelium in the dark and promotes mushroom growth only where it is exposed to light!

I meant to add a little instruction page with your's, I'll email it off to you tomorrow.

I've just participated in a training with Omsource and it was absolutely fascinating and I think all the other 12 people in the group would say the same. Omsource is surely highly motivated but most of all truely passionate about his work. A well of knowledge too, for the noob that I am. I came back from the course with an inoculated log and a nice hessian bag full of woodchips and spawn that we did during the day. Can't wait to see them fruiting. I had a chance to look at your Oyster kits, inoculated dowels and other bags and I must admit everything looked very professional, neat and ready to hit the market! That's remarkable and inspiring!! Keep up the excellent work!

You're too kind kodarma, I'm blushing :P

great to meet you bro!

Are these available to buy online?

And if they are where do I go? very interested :)

Have seen them on ebay the .com.au version. type in mushroom kit.

These are brilliant looking kits, and im so jealous.

Good work omsource.

Cheers, Ob.

• Like 1

Are these available to buy online?

yup, you can check out ebay here:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=261038363512&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

online store should be live in a week or so...I'll keep you guys posted!

Have seen them on ebay the .com.au version. type in mushroom kit.

These are brilliant looking kits, and im so jealous.

Good work omsource.

Cheers, Ob.

Cheers Ob, it's always encouraging to get good feedback!

Cheers Ob and omsource, just ordered one :wink:

good stuff! I'll post it off early next week, it'll make it to you well before the weekend :)

keep us posted on how you go!

Yeah will definitely keep posted B)

Thought some peeps might be interested here.

Just put the finishing touches on our gourmet Oyster Mushroom Kit and they are ready to grow!

They are guaranteed to grow so it's a good way to get into the art of edible mushroom growing.

They sell for $22 plus $8 shipping- At the moment I can't send them to WA, QLD or TAS but we're working on that!

Check out the attachment and lemme know what you guys think!

OmSource

This is awesome! If state quaranteen fee's prohibit export to other states, maybe u could franchise it of sorts, supply the original recipe, culture, packaging,etc to some1 competent and with a contract to make and sell under ur business name and kits within those states.

Just an idea if u can't export within the budget.

Edited by naja naja

hey i think i ordered one last night, but it was in the dying seconds of the ebay listing so im not sure if it processed. i did go through the paypal checkout but its not showing up under my purchases. could you please check if you received a payment on paypal? look for the name sendeckyj

sorry if im troubling you, but i went through the paypal steps so im not sure if i was charged or not :/

thanks

Edited by shadehouse

hey i think i ordered one last night, but it was in the dying seconds of the ebay listing so im not sure if it processed. i did go through the paypal checkout but its not showing up under my purchases. could you please check if you received a payment on paypal? look for the name sendeckyj

sorry if im troubling you, but i went through the paypal steps so im not sure if i was charged or not :/

thanks

PM sent

This is awesome! If state quaranteen fee's prohibit export to other states, maybe u could franchise it of sorts, supply the original recipe, culture, packaging,etc to some1 competent and with a contract to make and sell under ur business name and kits within those states.

Just an idea if u can't export within the budget.

definitely an idea! I'm just working out the kinks on QLD and TAS.

I think WA will be the only one with a definite no-go for the oyster kits.

We can still ship grain, dowel, and sawdust spawn there tho!