The Corroboree
trichpach

Possible contender for largest sub record? [& hunting pics]

The dacshys are great hey.. Most personality in a little dog I have ever seen. And smart too. He's knows all of our weaknesses and how best to exploit them Bad-ass spiky collar is bad-ass, because it also glows in the dark. :wink:

hope you got a big team of scientists and a microscopy lab to analyse all those sub spores

Errr.... yeah.... sure did. :blush: Should have at least taken a spore print eh? I'll be heading back there this weekend to see if the rains this week have provided any more massive fruiting subs. Will report back if so.

if it were legal it would be good to isolate a single genome culture from the flesh of the large ones - seems like a that might be a good strain to develop. wondering about the potency?

unfortunately its not legal...

• Like 1

wondering about the potency?

So am I. And since it's illegal, all we can do is wonder...... :unsure::wink:

• Like 1

A monster from this year -

post-1432-0-38874700-1340722192_thumb.jp post-1432-0-25032200-1340722220_thumb.jp post-1432-0-71648900-1340722249_thumb.jp

post-1432-0-38874700-1340722192_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-25032200-1340722220_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-71648900-1340722249_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-38874700-1340722192_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-25032200-1340722220_thumb.jpg

post-1432-0-71648900-1340722249_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A mate of mine ate one large specimen before catching a tram to go to dinner. he was well versed in shroomlaw (that sounds lame but wtfn) but 30 minutes later he called me in a panic having fallen over in the tram and being unable to establish up from down or concepts of balance. In fact he never consumed a mushroom ever again which was a big call for this guy. Sometimes those big guys can REALLY pack a punch.

• Like 1

Now I'm somewhat curious about the next part of that story :)

A mate of mine ate one large specimen before catching a tram to go to dinner. he was well versed in shroomlaw (that sounds lame but wtfn) but 30 minutes later he called me in a panic having fallen over in the tram and being unable to establish up from down or concepts of balance. In fact he never consumed a mushroom ever again which was a big call for this guy. Sometimes those big guys can REALLY pack a punch.

haha, those big ones can take you by surprise :shroomer:

haha, those big ones can take you by surprise :shroomer:

I've heard that two that size can change your religion :crux:

• Like 2

i have learned that salting leeches is not a good idea, they regurgitate into the wound, infecting it and slowing down the healing (which serial leech victims know takes weeks anyway)

scrape the head off, scrape the tail off, then flick away.

How could salt in your wound cause infection? i would have thought the oposite

How could salt in your wound cause infection? i would have thought the oposite

Im pretty sure what he is saying is that when you put salt on the leech, it will make the leech throw up into the wound it has created - so its the leeches barf that is infecting the wound and not the salt.