The Corroboree
Darklight

Article request- Strigolactones

I can't seem to get a copy of the article from my doc supplier- anyone have it who can send?

Strigolactones: a new musician in the orchestra of plant hormones

Author(s): Kohlen, W; Ruyter-Spira, C; Bouwmeester, HJ

Source: BOTANY-BOTANIQUE Volume: 89 Issue: 12 Pages: 827-840

Published: DEC 2011

Abstract: Strigolactones are known as germination stimulants for seeds of root parasitic plants of the Orobanchaceae and as the presymbiotic branching factor for arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi. They were also recently identified as a new class of plant hormones and have been the subject of many studies, leading to much advancement in our knowledge of how these molecules are involved in controlling plant development. In the first place, this concerns their role in the inhibition of shoot branching, but a number of studies have also revealed a role for strigolactones in shaping root system architecture or have suggested involvement of strigolactones in seed germination, hypocotyl elongation, and reproductive development. In all these studies, the interaction of strigolactones with other plant hormones such as auxin, abscisic acid, and ethylene is becoming clear. In this review we discuss the progress over the past 5 years in our understanding of the physiological role of strigolactones in the regulation of plant development.

Author Keywords: strigolactones; plant hormones; plant architecture; biosynthesis; signaling; crosstalk

Edited by Darklight

Hi Darklight,

I checked but I can only get articles until 1 year ago, sorry. I guess the subscription is a lot cheaper if you don't subscribe to the most recent articles, as I come across this restriction often.

Good luck, I hope someone else can help you out.

Got it, many thanks. I actually had access to it via the database OK, but for some reason the database couldn't reach the article. But it's here now

On a similar theme, im looking for:

Seddas et al., (2009). "Communication and Signaling in the Plant–Fungus Symbiosis: The Mycorrhiza..." Signaling and Communication in Plants, 2009, 45-71, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-540-89230-4_3

A lot of my reading of late has been about strigolactones. interesting hormone.

Cheers, Ob.