The Corroboree
planthelper

dissection of iboga fruit

my 1st ripe iboga fruit! :wub:post-70-0-31596100-1337137937_thumb.jpg

now,post-70-0-43216600-1337138453_thumb.jpg it's open...

just a few seeds, inside.post-70-0-07263000-1337138511_thumb.jpg

iboga fruit.JPG

iboga split open.JPG

iboga seeds.JPG

iboga fruit.JPG

iboga split open.JPG

iboga seeds.JPG

• Like 2

You want some more "golden apples" there, 'Planthelper'? Happy to send them your way, especially as I see I enjoy a few of your products from over the days!

Irie Ph,

Nice, would you consider this to be a round pods varity or the long???

Tell us about your approach for germinate!

Good luck.

I have some seeds on their way too....

Respect,

Z

Edited by Zaka

looking good bro. how did you plant your plants? they touch, self fertile, hand pollinte etc? mine like to flower lots but not fruit.

Nice PH :)

Kada, I have had a lone plant flower and fruit. No hand pollination. I never tried growing out those seeds but I passed some around so others probably did. I also found cuttings are the way to go for fast propagation, I even had some 6 inch tall cutting flower and even develop fruit.

But alas, a cold winter followed and my plants are no more :(

hi!

i wonder, if what i do is correct.

i sealed the seeds in sphagnum moss, in a small coin bag, for transport.

i guess, those seeds don't store well, i dried them out for only two day's.

any ideas anybody?

and yes darklight is right,

http://www.shaman-australis.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=31611

the fruit can smell like sperm, but my fruit only started smelling like it after i open it and had stored it for 3 days, so only old fruit smells like sperm.

Irie Ph,

too much info??

the fruit can smell like sperm, but my fruit only started smelling like it after i open it and had stored it for 3 days, so only old fruit smells like sperm.

ERR must taste nasty :puke:

Respect,

Z

Hey PH, when I got Tabernanthe seeds from overseas they were wrapped in sphagnum.

Musta been about 10 days in the post. About a third of them weren't firm on arrival and I assumed they had gone rotten.

too much info??

not at all, there are many references to, what you call too much info, regarding this plant.

tabernanthe iboga, sometimes still ranked as an, anginosperms (haha), order gentianale (hahaha)!! :)

some are called dog bane...

Edited by planthelper
  • Like 1

Hey PH, when I got Tabernanthe seeds from overseas they were wrapped in sphagnum.

Musta been about 10 days in the post. About a third of them weren't firm on arrival and I assumed they had gone rotten.

thx 4 that, so this is "the way", to send them.

Wow. It looks a lot like my favourite fruit of all time:

achacha.jpg

iboga fruit is actually good tasting. Very little fruity flesh though. I used to eat the flesh off the seeds to get rid of it in order to avoid the sugary content to prevent contams when germinating.

• Like 1

alice, any chance of elaborating on your process of cuttings?

• Like 1

iboga fruit is actually good tasting. Very little fruity flesh though. I used to eat the flesh off the seeds to get rid of it in order to avoid the sugary content to prevent contams when germinating.

Hey woof, that's really interesting! Did you note any increase in germination rates as a result?

The interconnecting tissue inside the pod and around the seed is complex and gummy ( and smells like sperm in all 3 of the round pod subtypes I've worked with, each from a different grower in different parts of .au )- wondering if it would present a yummy meal to a predator, or just provide sugars and other compounds to influence seed germination

Currently fascinated by all the weird things which have to happen to iboga seed to germinate ( I have a thread in SAB chem forum about it ). Getting synchronous germination for in-vitro experiments is proving hard

Edited by Darklight

alice, any chance of elaborating on your process of cuttings?

I just took them as i would any other cutting, nothing special. About 10cm cutting, cut just below a node, dipped in Clonex rooting gel, and popped into a rockwool cube on a heat mat under fluoros (cloning chamber). Cut the leaves back to 1/3, and I think they were under 24 hour light, but might have been 18. I can't remember how long they took to root, but I don't think long. The whole thing was fairly ordinary. Once roots popped through the rockwoole they were potting up and moved outside, part shade. I've grown from seed too, cuttings are a lot easier.

• Like 1

Hey woof, that's really interesting! Did you note any increase in germination rates as a result?

The interconnecting tissue inside the pod and around the seed is complex and gummy ( and smells like sperm in all 3 of the round pod subtypes I've worked with, each from a different grower in different parts of .au )- wondering if it would present a yummy meal to a predator, or just provide sugars and other compounds to influence seed germination

Currently fascinated by all the weird things which have to happen to iboga seed to germinate ( I have a thread in SAB chem forum about it ). Getting synchronous germination for in-vitro experiments is proving hard

Never really thought about the rates afterwards. I always thought they were just a yummy snack for furgivores to spread the seeds. Maybe I need to eat them poop and then dig them out and see if the germinate at better rates. hehehe. Would be interesting to find out what animals eat iboga fruits.

sperm taste??? dog sperm maybe.....lol...........just kidding hahahaha...... no but seriously.... I just find them to have a subtle sweet taste,.... and I always thought the sweet stuff in them are just a problem with attracting unwanted microorganisms.

maybe digestive enzymes or the whole digestive tract may have beneficial properties to germination rates.

Well darklight we have all learned a little something about Iboga germination, and imaginations regarding your previous sexual activitys.

Edit- woof woof- dog sperm, ur avatar, ur forum name. U pose you a serious question and u expect you to answer truthfully. Have you ever had sex with a dog. Come on now we are a pretty open minded people here. I mean hillbilly does it all the time.

Holy shit ! Reading ur last post you really have sucked off a dog!! Crayz this is just like that Ali g movie... Weird

Edited by incognito
  • Like 1

i sometimes though, that keeping seeds in the mouth for a while and "cleaning them" this way, would benefit seed germination.

some people do the same with cuttings, that is, to use saliva as a rooting aide.

i was to much of a chicken to eat the flesh, hehehe.

Irie,

Yeah I'm no cum sucker either, couldn't tell the difference between dog or cat!!

But I think PH has cum( sorry)Come up with somethiing!

With the saliva emezynes as rooting hormone.

Not much in to digging through shit for it though!

I'm just waiting for one of you's to jack-off & use that as rooting hormone!!!

Respect,

Z

Ph??

I just took them as i would any other cutting, nothing special. About 10cm cutting, cut just below a node, dipped in Clonex rooting gel, and popped into a rockwool cube on a heat mat under fluoros (cloning chamber). Cut the leaves back to 1/3, and I think they were under 24 hour light, but might have been 18. I can't remember how long they took to root, but I don't think long. The whole thing was fairly ordinary. Once roots popped through the rockwoole they were potting up and moved outside, part shade. I've grown from seed too, cuttings are a lot easier.

cheers thanks for that :) i just did a third batch now as per your method, we shall see :) I used IBA on this though.

Darklight: if i could pick your brain. we put some in tubes, they pretty easy to T C from stems? are they clean inside? did an ethanol then bleach soak and rinse. enough for this sp?

I haven't found them easy to TC at all yet, sorry. Lots of contamination and a tendency for anything cut to brown and die

I did try the standard ethanol/ bleach/rinse and other combos, but nothing yet

That doesn't mean you shouldn't try it! There may be something in your treatment or parent plant which confers success

It will only take an afternoon to do, give it a go and you'll learn more about the plant in the process

Edited by Darklight

Irie,

Well took some cuttings the other day, still looking ok....

Also got a couple hundred seeds, that came dry, but once soaked, many had that smeg rehydrate....

Smelt kinda iffy, not sure it smelt like my jizz, (I've only vaguely tasted, after kissing up on the Mrs after jucking over her face)

Put them down on my usual bed of verm in sandwich tub tek!!!

I have about 100 to deal with tommorow, wondering if I should try some with GA-3 treatment.....

The Ga-3 is about a year old solution, not sure it'll still be good???

Respect,

Z

ps,

Ph??

credit where credit due!

woof woof woof

Edited by Zaka

Irie,

it smelt like my jizz, I've only vaguely tasted,

Damn son, talk about too much info! :o

snapback.pngZaka, on 25 May 2012 - 11:42 AM, said:

Irie,